Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What you make you quit WoW for another MMO permernantly?

Comments

• TurdinatorTurdinator Member Posts: 210

It got old.  

• rokrowrokrow Member Posts: 66

World of Warcraft II, the Murloc's Revenge.

• cadamlcadaml Member Posts: 37

World of Starcraft would be cool

• MeTedMeTed Member Posts: 129

I hate Murlocs lol. All raids could be nothing but murloc mobs and bosses to appease the hardcores wanna bes. It would be near impossible!

• marquisk2marquisk2 Member Posts: 141

Lets see.. community, bugs, game play, lack of balance, idiot developers. Need I say more?

• cadamlcadaml Member Posts: 37

Originally posted by marquisk2

Lets see.. community, bugs, game play, lack of balance, idiot developers. Need I say more?

You want to leave wow for that stuff? Pick any game and you win :)

• BrianshoBriansho Member UncommonPosts: 3,586

I would come back and check it out if the expansion was 19.99. 39.99 is waaaaaay too much for this expansion that only adds a few things.

Don't be terrorized! You're more likely to die of a car accident, drowning, fire, or murder! More people die every year from prescription drugs than terrorism LOL!

• sebbonxsebbonx Member Posts: 318

Originally posted by marquisk2

I can solo as a Warrior and not be treated like a p.o.s. aka EQ1. I play Warriors, I play heroes, not that gimp Warrior class that can't solo exp mobs unless raid equipped p.o.s. in EQ1.

If you have any questions please ask. I have moved on to WoW from eq and no longer have any desire to play a dead game. Thank you. (posted by another selling his account in EQ1)

• VonatarVonatar Member UncommonPosts: 723

I left WoW when the sweet taste of vanilla was ruined by the crap that was dumped on top of it in the form of TBC. Never looked back.

• TreekodarTreekodar Member Posts: 524

It's like vanilla - boring.

Eleanor Rigby.

• MellexxMellexx Member Posts: 27

Originally posted by sloeber

I left wow, not because of the game.....i always loved wow.

But the "elite" community kicking you out of party's because you dont have a GS of 6K+......that made me leave wow.

The community is the rotten apple imho in wow, not the game.

Word, I could not have agreed more on that.

Also I quit because I got so sick of having to play for 10 hours a day to even accomplish anything in that game and Cataclysm. Oh god the end game content is ridiculous it's all recycled and the same routine every single day. It doesn't feel lore based anymore realy it just seems like go get the highest level gear and sit around trade chat trolling while waiting for a heroic.

For me to leave it permanently it would have to be deep in lore, similar graphics to wow (I hate that rough attempt at trying to be realistic but the textures just looking dull and harsh on the eyes) and fantasy based graphics as with wow. I loved questing back in the BC era, as well as the release of WOTLK. Just the ambiance the game put out was amazing and it felt warming and welcoming. If some new game had all of those things and blew my mind while playing at a very low level and had a fantastic game play and most importantly was addicting BUT not to the point where you have to sacrifice your life just to get to end game content.

• dreamscaperdreamscaper Member UncommonPosts: 1,592

I left WoW for two reasons. The first was that after playing it for so many years, nothing felt new or exciting anymore. Second, and more prominent, was that I simply enjoyed the game less and less as more expansions were added. I adored Vanilla, was disappointed by TBC, and had to drag myself through WotLK. I haven't even tried Cata, as I feel there's no point.

<3

• ShaunJ1380ShaunJ1380 Member Posts: 77

I quit WoW because I got bored. Once I leveled a few toons to 85 and realized I had to go through everything I had to go through in WotLK...meh.

I just could not stomach end game all over again. Nothing is new or exciting. It's the same old crap over and over again.

• xxHanoverxxxxHanoverxx Member Posts: 28

Originally posted by ColdSun

It is a boring level/reputation/gear grind fest.  The graphics are very dated and look like a cartoon.

Welcome to Warcraft.  Saying WOW looks cartoony is redundant.  WOW looks like Warcraft and always has.   Thats why it's called World of WARCRAFT<--thats your clue.  :)  They got the look from the original RTS games.

I know that post was old, but I finally had to say something as I've heard that comment a million times.

• heiyanquanheiyanquan Member Posts: 1

so cool ! I catched a great promotin in the site : www.coolgoldbar.com 

and  I add their contact msn : [email protected]    in talking with them for the price , I got 

a disccount code ! ^o^hah... so cool ! I catched a great promotin in the site : www.coolgoldbar.com 

and  I add their contact msn : [email protected]    in talking with them for the price , I got 

a disccount code ! ^o^hah... so cool ! I catched a great promotin in the site : www.coolgoldbar.com 

a disccount code ! ^o^hah... 

• UnholyVashXUnholyVashX Member Posts: 49

Already quit WoW. Great game. Shi**y community. As simple as that.

Bro you are playing LOTRO like it owes you money - Grunt187
    Anticipation : TERA

• BoraxeBoraxe Member Posts: 18

One name....

Ghostcrawler.

oh yeah, and the craptacular community.

• AndyPrestonAndyPreston Member Posts: 63

It says everything when most of the 8 and 9 year olds I teach at school play WoW...

As an adult, that doesnt make it very appealing.

I ended up playing EvE because children can't understand it. That also includes adults who have the mental age of a child.

"Am not playin EvE, too complex, why wud u wanna think when playing??"

"Good good...go play WoW..."

• fivorothfivoroth Member UncommonPosts: 3,916

I got bored with it. I have spent so many hours playing that game that I came to the point where I knew almost everything about the game. I haven't tried Cata yet so that may spice things up for me.

I never got into another MMO cause they are all snoozefests and full of old people!

Mission in life: Vanquish all MMORPG.com trolls - especially TESO, WOW and GW2 trolls.

• SlyGamer79SlyGamer79 Member Posts: 278

I cancelled my WoW account maybe a month after cata came out just because everything was so old and repeating in the boringness of the game lol. so i found my new love "Rift" <3 nuff said !

PSN-SlyFox5679
    Xfire-Slyfox5679
    raptr-slygamer1979

• BamaDocBamaDoc Member Posts: 162

Originally posted by Boraxe

One name....

Ghostcrawler.

oh yeah, and the craptacular community.

I couldn't agree more. I thought I was the only one driven mad by this dev. While I don't want to "zerg the content", sitting in queue for 30 minutes to play an hour and a half instance with children is not stress relief I will pay for. Devs have killed this game the same way Smedley killed the best MMO ever years ago.

• mindw0rkmindw0rk Member UncommonPosts: 1,356

Originally posted by Tutu2

To those that play WoW, obviously. What would be the top criteria for you to go to another MMO?

SW: TOR or Guild Wars2 release

• norvaknorvak Member UncommonPosts: 53

Cross server BGs is when the game started to die for me.  Before that people had a reputation on the server.  Most people could answer who has the best pvp guild.  We had rivals between ally and horde, it was fun.

I dont play anymore and actually deleted my toons back when I quit.  I was mad that I burned through all the Cata content in 30 days. 

• RobsolfRobsolf Member RarePosts: 4,607

Originally posted by Tutu2

To those that play WoW, obviously. What would be the top criteria for you to go to another MMO?

I just cancelled my sub, and will be spending most of my time in LotRO.  Such as I was before Cata came out.

I've played WoW a total of 7 months; 3 in 2006, then 3-4 since Cata launched.  I enjoyed it in '06, but it just got grindy.  This time around, it felt great from 1-60, then got grindy, again. 

The high fantasy genre was never really my bag; I just played the game because there was lots to do and I enjoyed it.  But I never really felt committed to the game.  So once things got old, it was easy to drop the sub.

So, back to LotRO!

• KanethKaneth Member RarePosts: 2,286

I am still playing WoW, but only because of my guild. There has been a lot of interest in GW2 amongst my guildmates though. This is the first time in the 4 year history with my guild that more than just one or two of us is interested in another mmo.

GW2 is probably going to be the game that will move most of our guild from WoW, and we most likely won't look back.

Cataclysm was such a disappointment for me. The new 1-60 was very interesting the first two times through it, but it's just tired now. 80-85 is boring, and I hate that you have to be 80 to get into Cata. 68-80 in northrend is just hideous anymore.