Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Warhammer Online: Age of Reckoning: Users Charged Up to $500 Due to Billing Error

Comments

• yayitsandyyayitsandy Member Posts: 363

Never heard of this happening before with any online game . Its a real killer blow even if its not Mythics fault . Wonder if they will be refunding bank charges to those who have gone over drawn ??? .

Well this really means it will have to look at a different buisness model because i doubt many people will risk playing after this .

• AOCtesterAOCtester Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 431

There are few things we need to be aware of here.  Mythic is no longer in charge of their game.  EA and BIoware run the MMO-part of the company and its starting to show that there really isn't anyone in charge. 

EA has one of the worst custiomr support you will ever come across on the software market (yes - games are software).  There have been multiple issues since the launch of WAR that have been creeping up.  Alot of gamers that pre-ordered did not get their activation codes in time to play Beta.  Many gamers did not get their item codes at all.  The list goes on and on. 

This can not be good for buisness tho.  Can not imagine many new subs for WAR in the next 2-3 months while the company is in such terrible problems.   But its EA job to fix this !!  Instead they are taking down one more MMO game when they have milked the box sales. 

• HricaHrica Member UncommonPosts: 1,129

Final nail "in da coffin"

• SteamRangerSteamRanger Member UncommonPosts: 920

Originally posted by Methos12

Somehow, using prepaid cards doesn't seem as annoying anymore.

Game cards is the only way I roll anymore.

"Soloists and those who prefer small groups should never have to feel like they''re the ones getting the proverbial table scraps, as it were." - Scott Hartsman, Senior Producer, Everquest II
    "People love groups. Its a fallacy that people want to play solo all the time." - Scott Hartsman, Executive Producer, Rift

• EvileEvile Member Posts: 534

This is the PRIME reason I always use time cards/codes. Also why if there is no option I ALWAYS send customer service a mail demanding the REMOVE my credit card # from my account if I leave a game (when I used cc).

I once had my LOTRO account opened MONTHS after I left that game. They charged me 3 months out of the blue. After that I DEMAND my card be completely REMOVED from accounts. Only then are you safe. NEVER leave your card # dormant on a website.

Plus in AoC (my current MMO) I can find cards for less then half price ($13 for 60 days ftw!). Many times you can find good deals on time codes for your game.

• Kaynos1972Kaynos1972 Member Posts: 2,316

I hope this "error" only affect those with current subcribtion.  Would sucks to get charged multiple time for a game you no longer play only to find out a month later...  

• Reinier001Reinier001 Member UncommonPosts: 78

wow they really screwed up this time, alot of people are going to be mad at them for this.

• JavocrossJavocross Member Posts: 3

Originally posted by LordDraekon

Originally posted by Methos12

Somehow, using prepaid cards doesn't seem as annoying anymore.

Game cards is the only way I roll anymore.

I looked around and none can be found at bestbuy or gamestop i think thay stoped makeing them for Warhammer

• Honeymoon69Honeymoon69 Member Posts: 647

funny everyone blame Toyota for the gas pedal problem even tho they were made by 3rd party vendor too.

• VotanVotan Member UncommonPosts: 291

Honeymoon this is the internet you are not allowed to be logical! 

• UtopiUtopi Member Posts: 61

They fucken charged me 99x times and won't compensate the players for the problems.  They will refund the playerbase but won't give them the compensate neeeded.

• ComnitusComnitus Member Posts: 2,462

Originally posted by Utopi

They fucken charged me 99x times and won't compensate the players for the problems.  They will refund the playerbase but won't give them the compensate neeeded.

What, pain and suffering? Did you suffer a heart attack or stroke when you saw your credit card bill? Should Mythic bow down and grovel at your feet because you were inconvenienced?

They're giving you back your money because they made a mistake. If you're not satisfied, you're just being greedy.

As for Mythic... doh. Whether it's a third party or whatever responsible for billing, they're gonna get all the flak (obviously).

• banecrowbanecrow Member UncommonPosts: 93

Originally posted by Comnitus

What, pain and suffering? Did you suffer a heart attack or stroke when you saw your credit card bill? Should Mythic bow down and grovel at your feet because you were inconvenienced?

They're giving you back your money because they made a mistake. If you're not satisfied, you're just being greedy.

As for Mythic... doh. Whether it's a third party or whatever responsible for billing, they're gonna get all the flak (obviously).

What if the charges caused you to go over your balance in your bank account? That can occure an easy $30 a pop charge. You get charged 10 times that can be a total of $300. If this happened they should be responceable and have to pay that charge.

• ComnitusComnitus Member Posts: 2,462

Originally posted by banecrow

What if the charges caused you to go over your balance in your bank account? That can occure an easy $30 a pop charge. You get charged 10 times that can be a total of $300. If this happened they should be responceable and have to pay that charge.

That would be more negotiable, yeah. By his phrasing, he sounded like he was whining because sorting it out took up his time or he was so angry he missed work or something.

• UtopiUtopi Member Posts: 61

Greedy?  So everyone who lives on their single bank account to live and couldn't make it to work / school / etc / embarrassment because you couldn't pay the bill at an restaurant due to the company frauding and stealing money directly from your bank account? You think that is greedy?

• LazerouLazerou Member Posts: 202

That would be more negotiable, yeah. By his phrasing, he sounded like he was whining because sorting it out took up his time or he was so angry he missed work or something.

He has a right to be angry. If he could not make it to work because he could not withdraw cash from his account due to being overdrawn hundreds of dollars then that is a big deal. You know some work places don't pay you if you don't turn up. So you lose even more.

Not everyone has a large safety net of thousands of dollars in their bank, are in full time employment on salary. Not everyone's circumstances are the same, what might be trivial to you might be a major deal to someone else - especially if you have mortgage payments or other bills as direct debits that you could potentially get charged late fees for not paying due to being overdrawn.

You post was ridiculously insensitive and self-absorbed. Quite a shame really, understanding is a virtue.

• cerebrixcerebrix Member UncommonPosts: 566
    It baffles me how people still can't accept that mythic and bioware are just fully integrated parts of electronic arts now. It's what it says on all their paychecks now

Games i'm playing right now...

"In short, I thought NGE was a very bad idea" - Raph Koster talking about NGE on his blog at raphkoster.com

• bmacp1973bmacp1973 Member Posts: 7

What a bunch of freaking retards mythic has working for them.  The game needs to just die already.  It should have been converted to free to play months ago.

• faefrostfaefrost Member Posts: 199

Originally posted by Digna

In most cases, a company responsible for an error such as this would reimburse the total amount they overdrew. That said, if they caused overdrafts on people's accounts, it is unlikely they would reimburse those. No way to prove the person would have overdrawn even without the extra cash depletion (yes it's a flimsy argument). The logic of the company doing the over-bill is that it's better to lose a customer (especially one paying only  $15 a month) than to pay more money out. Sure, you can argue and threaten to sue but it's unlikely to ever happen so they shrug and move on.

Well suing is unlikely to happen in individual cases of billing errors. Butthe scale of this looks a little staggering, and if EA can't make good, and by that I mean real good, they could easily be facing a class action suit from their playerbase (assuming they even have a large enough playerbase anymore to qualify as class action), which is a whole diferent level of liability.

• RedtahRedtah Member Posts: 23

Mythic might be the worst company ever,

Since September of 2009 They have been charging me like clockwork every month for a subscription I canceled months ago (back in June).

The real kicker is I have to call every month to get the charges reversed.

Why haven't I just canceled the account? They won't let me becuase I STILL HAVE FREE TIME from recruit a friend. So even if I was still actually playing the game, I would still be playing for free and yet I get a 15$ charge every month.

Mythic along with all of its employess can DIAF. I mean really they didn't need to do much else but listen to the massive outcrys from their community about what was wrong from the very beginning of the game.

That and rework the ENTIRE engine on which the game runs. But what did they do? they just listened to Romple and Zarbix.

• MaendauronMaendauron Member Posts: 118

I was charged 10 times, I am glad I'm not the only one this has happened to.

It looks like they are fixing the problem straight away so hopefully no hard done.

Geez it was a shock when I saw my bill this morning.

• jayheld90jayheld90 Member UncommonPosts: 1,726

Originally posted by Christopher8

Haha. Holy ****! Expect Mythic to be kissing every player's ass until the next billing cycle.

glad i dont play any more, this would have screwed me over so badly.  i can only imagine the extent of the damage caused. i am willing to bet LOTS of people quit playing the game now also, considering how few already play, its going to cause them a huge problem.

• jayheld90jayheld90 Member UncommonPosts: 1,726

Originally posted by Redtah

Mythic might be the worst company ever,

Since September of 2009 They have been charging me like clockwork every month for a subscription I canceled months ago (back in June).

The real kicker is I have to call every month to get the charges reversed.

Why haven't I just canceled the account? They won't let me becuase I STILL HAVE FREE TIME from recruit a friend. So even if I was still actually playing the game, I would still be playing for free and yet I get a 15$ charge every month.

Mythic along with all of its employess can DIAF. I mean really they didn't need to do much else but listen to the massive outcrys from their community about what was wrong from the very beginning of the game.

That and rework the ENTIRE engine on which the game runs. But what did they do? they just listened to Romple and Zarbix.

tell your bank to block charge from mythic, problem solved.

OR cancel your card and get a new one.

OR cancel your bank account and use a different bank if they cant accomodate you.

• synnsynn Member UncommonPosts: 563

i talked with my bank yesterday when i found out i was charged multiple times. The bank understood the situation and told me that they had already recieved over 400 of the same cases so the issue was already being worked on with the vendor. Took less then 12 hours for my account to be back to normal =)

• gszebegszebe Member UncommonPosts: 214

It seems that they are sorting it out:

http://forums.warhammeronline.com/warhammer/board/message?board.id=p2psupport&thread.id=16174

Well... or hopefully they're doing:

http://forums.warhammeronline.com/warhammer/board/message?board.id=p2psupport&thread.id=16230

((As much as I like the game, this mess is dishearthening, definitely... :/ ))