Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Horrible game stay away.

Horrible game.  Huge learning curve.  Horrible graphics, animations, horrible control system, horrible quest system.  I'd have to say every system in this game is horribly flawed.  The developers are wasting there time and have wasted there time if this is the best they could come up with.  I gave it an honest try and I couldn't see why anybody ever would like this game much less recommend it.  If your looking for a f2p game ANY other game is better then this one.  For sure.   (my opinion)

Comments

• theAsnatheAsna Member UncommonPosts: 324

Could you give a more detailed review?

• I would give a more detailed review but, this game really left a bad taste in my mouth.  The production value is so low it honestly makes runescape feel streamlined.  The only peopl;e that play this game are it's developers and admins.

• MDobbsMDobbs Member Posts: 11
    Originally posted by B1mble

Originally posted by kaylors

Originally posted by xsarkaix

Horrible game.  Huge learning curve.  Horrible graphics, animations, horrible control system, horrible quest system.  I'd have to say every system in this game is horribly flawed.  The developers are wasting there time and have wasted there time if this is the best they could come up with.  I gave it an honest try and I couldn't see why anybody ever would like this game much less recommend it.  If your looking for a f2p game ANY other game is better then this one.  For sure.   (my opinion)

Hmm...you know what? You're so damned right...This game has terrible systems. Let me add some other flaws to the ones you mentioned. Frequent crashes, amazing number of bugs(which take a horribly long time to be solved), extreme lag...I could go on all day.

So let's see how we can solve this. I know...why didn't I think of this before. I know something that you could do that will make you feel better.

Stay away and stop pissing us off. You don't like the game, don't play it. Simple as that. No need to abuse it in an open forum. You have no idea what the game is all about, so don't speak like you do. There are hundred of brilliant, amazing, feature rich, fully developed f2ps out there so please go and play those. Stop ruining the mood for those of us who DO like this game. We never asked for your opinion, than you very much.

The denizens of Yliakum hope you have a safe journey away from us and not get eaten by a Consumer, though you probably deserve it.

And here we have an example of the community and their position on freedom of speech and the right to express an opinion.

After reading all the threads re this game I think I will save myself a lot of bother all round and stay away.  I shall also tell all my friends to stay away as well and I am sure they will pass it on to all the other gamers they know.

Bad news has wings, good news crawls on its belly and s*&t sticks.  Catch my drift?

To be fair, the player community is probably the most appealing aspect of Planeshift. While I have serious doubts about the dev team and the future of the game, the players are generally quite pleasant.
  • B1mbleB1mble Member CommonPosts: 148

Originally posted by MDobbs

Originally posted by kaylors

Originally posted by xsarkaix

Hmm...you know what? You're so damned right...This game has terrible systems. Let me add some other flaws to the ones you mentioned. Frequent crashes, amazing number of bugs(which take a horribly long time to be solved), extreme lag...I could go on all day.

So let's see how we can solve this. I know...why didn't I think of this before. I know something that you could do that will make you feel better.

Stay away and stop pissing us off. You don't like the game, don't play it. Simple as that. No need to abuse it in an open forum. You have no idea what the game is all about, so don't speak like you do. There are hundred of brilliant, amazing, feature rich, fully developed f2ps out there so please go and play those. Stop ruining the mood for those of us who DO like this game. We never asked for your opinion, than you very much.

The denizens of Yliakum hope you have a safe journey away from us and not get eaten by a Consumer, though you probably deserve it.

And here we have an example of the community and their position on freedom of speech and the right to express an opinion.

After reading all the threads re this game I think I will save myself a lot of bother all round and stay away.  I shall also tell all my friends to stay away as well and I am sure they will pass it on to all the other gamers they know.

Bad news has wings, good news crawls on its belly and s*&t sticks.  Catch my drift?

To be fair, the player community is probably the most appealing aspect of Planeshift. While I have serious doubts about the dev team and the future of the game, the players are generally quite pleasant.

That may be true but their representatives here and probably elsewhere do nothing to paint the game if a fair and attractive light. Quite the opposite in fact.

If they were salesman they couldn't give water away to a dying man in a desert.

Plus to not realise the public harm they are doing to their own game just shows me that they are so thick that if they jumped off a cliff they would have top stop half way down to ask for directions.

Yeah, that post did nothing to help the game he was defending. He seems to have take on the attitude of some of the developers of the game, in that if you don't like it the way they expect you to like it then there's something wrong with you and you should go away.
  • TuxideTuxide Member UncommonPosts: 213

That may be true but their representatives here and probably elsewhere do nothing to paint the game if a fair and attractive light. Quite the opposite in fact.
    If they were salesman they couldn't give water away to a dying man in a desert.
    Plus to not realise the public harm they are doing to their own game just shows me that they are so thick that if they jumped off a cliff they would have top stop half way down to ask for directions.

Which representatives are you referring to? Most of the people left because they couldn't stand the game director. If there was ever a reason people lose interest in PlaneShift itself then this is it.
    I'm not sure the entire blame can be laid at the feet of the person in charge, but the main problem does seem to be that the developers don't seem to care if people actually enjoy the game. They make decisions that drive people out of the game, and refuse to even consider that they might have made a mistake. This isn't true for all developers, but it does seem to be true for the developers who make the decisions. This leads to people who care about the mechanics leaving the game, and strict RPers leave the game because there aren't enough people around to RP with.

I'm not sure the entire blame can be laid at the feet of the person in charge, but the main problem does seem to be that the developers don't seem to care if people actually enjoy the game. They make decisions that drive people out of the game, and refuse to even consider that they might have made a mistake. This isn't true for all developers, but it does seem to be true for the developers who make the decisions. This leads to people who care about the mechanics leaving the game, and strict RPers leave the game because there aren't enough people around to RP with.
    Well if it is, then I would believe it. They say the purpose of the whole project is to satisfy a single person. My recent run-ins with higher-up PlaneShift developers suggest that they don't even want to speak to the game director in the first place, as in trying to say something to him is a significant waste of time.
  • MertzaSkertzMertzaSkertz Member UncommonPosts: 161

This game nearly has no income and they get all of their money off of donations. It has been in development for as long as I can remember. I really like the idea of its finished projected, but it is too unfinished for me to enjoy now.

Speaking to some of the other developers is just as bad for a player. Some seem to realize that player opinion matters, but others just couldn't care less.

Speaking to some of the other developers is just as bad for a player. Some seem to realize that player opinion matters, but others just couldn't care less.
    Well, there are worse things that could happen than not getting your opinions across. This SkunkWorks thing could've been a good idea if the game director didn't want everyone using PSwiki for it. Not getting your opinions heard might be a bad thing, but unwillingly assigning ownership of your own thoughts to the game director is just flat-out nasty.
    Originally posted by Tuxide

Well, there are worse things that could happen than not getting your opinions across. This SkunkWorks thing could've been a good idea if the game director didn't want everyone using PSwiki for it. Not getting your opinions heard might be a bad thing, but unwillingly assigning ownership of your own thoughts to the game director is just flat-out nasty.

Yeah, I noticed that the same day I quit. I haven't seen any evidence of the developers listening to the players, so I don't have too much hope for this new group.
  • ChuckiSpuxChuckiSpux Member Posts: 44

Tbh it's just another token "We listen to players" thing. Like the citycontests, and other art contests, EVERYTHING hinges on the director's final approval of anything that is created as a result of the community project. Just like anything else in PlaneShift.

I've personally wasted hundreds upon hundreds of hours changing my own 3D creative mapwork for an area in PlaneShift, just because the director wanted it so. Then he turned off all normal mapping in the map because he didn't want some parts looking better than other parts. So I wasted 9 months of my spare time making a map that I wanted to look brilliant, because it turned into a bland, boring piece of crap.

I love that in another project I now develop for, I'm free to work at making assets how I want them to be. The people in charge there advise me and assist in making the art as best as it can be, but at the end of the day, they aren't saying "Change this, make it all my way", they say "check this idea out, I think it would fit well here".

My latest map is MY project, not a rendition of someone else's dream. Which is all PlaneShift will ever be unless drastic changes happen.

Yeah, I noticed that the same day I quit. I haven't seen any evidence of the developers listening to the players, so I don't have too much hope for this new group.
    Same here, I say avoid the SkunkWorks thing altogether, and while he's doing this then avoid the Wish List board on their forum as well. This is not a "we listen to players" thing, this is a legal black hole designed to legally restrict you from taking your ideas and suggestions elsewhere by transferring copyright of everything you ever suggest to the game director. The legal trap works when people agree to the terms as they contribute to PSwiki.

I'm surprised nobody has apparently brought it up yet.

How long do you think the a post pointing that out would stay there?  I'm guessing immediate deletion.

How long do you think the a post pointing that out would stay there?  I'm guessing immediate deletion.

Immediate deletion followed by a permaban from everything PlaneShift related, because the game director himself would order it. It takes no effort to get banned from there any more. You can post a link to MMORPG.com and get permabanned from the game.
  • BoaalBoaal Member Posts: 12

Talad is, so far as anyone can tell a Narcissist. Planeshift does have a lot of potential, but it's all tied into him, and, quite honestly, he is a cancerous tumour on the heart of something that could be so much more. I don't even know what his contribution is to the game, apart from acting the little godling and passing judgment on the people who are interested enough to try to make something of it all. The developers themselves are the heart of the project, they drive it forward and are generally pretty cool. 

Talad is a tumour. 

• FreedomBladeFreedomBlade Member UncommonPosts: 281

Originally posted by ChuckiSpux
    Tbh it's just another token "We listen to players" thing. Like the citycontests, and other art contests, EVERYTHING hinges on the director's final approval of anything that is created as a result of the community project. Just like anything else in PlaneShift.
    I've personally wasted hundreds upon hundreds of hours changing my own 3D creative mapwork for an area in PlaneShift, just because the director wanted it so. Then he turned off all normal mapping in the map because he didn't want some parts looking better than other parts. So I wasted 9 months of my spare time making a map that I wanted to look brilliant, because it turned into a bland, boring piece of crap.
    I love that in another project I now develop for, I'm free to work at making assets how I want them to be. The people in charge there advise me and assist in making the art as best as it can be, but at the end of the day, they aren't saying "Change this, make it all my way", they say "check this idea out, I think it would fit well here".
    My latest map is MY project, not a rendition of someone else's dream. Which is all PlaneShift will ever be unless drastic changes happen.

Hey Chucki - you have some serious issues from reading your post. How do you think that what I have quoted you saying above has anything to do with this thread? You spent 9 months making a map and the games developer did not like it so did not use it? So? What is your point other than to try and get this post to be talking about you?

Seriously man - you have big issues.

• ChuckiSpuxChuckiSpux Member Posts: 44

Fail, my map was included, after I did the "necessary changes" as according to the director.

What hacked me off most was the fact that when i submitted the map, with modern shaders like normal mapping, etc, these were not included, and the reason given was that "putting normal maps on some things but not others will make the game look bad". I took this to mean "We don't want a diamond in our turd, so we're turdifying the diamond in the hope nobody takes a sniff". Hence the map looked terrible. Perhaps you should look further into things before deciding the person you're not liking the post of is insane and trying to focus the thread on himself