Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Do you display your geekdom proudly?

DauntisDauntis Member UncommonPosts: 600

I am just curious how many people wear gamer gear? I do, but  I can't find any at like hot topic or even jynx that I really like or that fit me. (since hot topics 3x is actually an adult medium).

I have found a solution if you are looking try cafepress.com there are several game related designers posting stuff up there so go support some independent designers and display your geek proudly.

I particularly liked the style of this one http://www.cafepress.com/GrayScales, but there are a lot on there.  If anyone has any place else I can check please post.

Help support an artist and gamer who has lost his tools to create and play: http://www.gofundme.com/u63nzcgk

Comments

• TheodorykTheodoryk Member Posts: 1,453

Paticularly?

"Speaking haygywaygy or some other gibberish with your mum doesn't make you foreign."
    -baff

• DauntisDauntis Member UncommonPosts: 600

Don't be a douche, you have nothing better to do then troll the forums checking people's spelling? And clearly it was a typo....oooo i missed an R.

Help support an artist and gamer who has lost his tools to create and play: http://www.gofundme.com/u63nzcgk

• TheHatterTheHatter Member Posts: 2,547

I would, but I'm kind of in the same boat. Everything at Hot Topic is too trendy, because I just don't care about wearing a shirt with a green mushroom or something on it and everything at Jynx is just stupid or plain ugly.

And yeah, about that spelling thing. These new forums don't allow for firefox's spellcheck, so I'm pretty sure I misspell alot of words now.

• VhayneVhayne Member UncommonPosts: 632

Some stuff yeah.  It all depends.  I wore my Half Life 2 hat all the time until about Nov of last year, when it just got dingy looking.  Since then I ordered some plain black hats, and was going to have my wife embroider the blue runic symbol that you see on the Ironbound Proto Drake in WoW on it.  But since ordering the hats, I stopped playing WoW, so not sure what to put on them yet. 

I don't like huge graphics on my shirts, and so many game related clothes have that.  But yeah, I'm not opposed to wearing game related stuff.  I mean, it's what I do, and I'm not ashamed of it at all.  Then again, I'm not out to impress anyone anymore either.  Have my wife (who is also a gamer) so I couldn't care less. :)

Many years ago when I worked at CompUSA (miss that place), I won an black Intel jacket.  I wore it proudly. :)  That was when we had company reps that would come to the stores and spend time with the salespeople to train them and get them in their favor.  It rocked!  Free stuff galore! :) 

Off-topic -- When the Intel MMX processors were released (might have been pentium 2 though), Intel did a huge celebration for it, and funded the most awesome thing ever....

Here in NC we have a Nascar racetrack now knows as Lowes Motor Speedway (I think), and Intel took us there on Saturday.  We went to the pits, and inside some building there where we were given lunch and a party-like training seminar on the new processor.  We were given goodies, including the "impossible-to-get" Half Life 1 demo CD, then taken outside where we were driven around the track at 90mph in the pace car. :)  Some of the guys there won race car rides as well.  It was really cool. 

But yeah, we used to get all sorts of crap.  Free games from Sierra.  Free copies of MS Office from Microsoft.  When Sony released their line of PC's they had a promotion that allowed the salesman to get like 40 bucks for every PC+Monitor bundle he could sell.  I sold the most of our store, and went out and bought a Sony TV and Playstation rofl.  Sony gives me money, I give it right back haha.

• VooDoo_PapaVooDoo_Papa Member UncommonPosts: 897

pretty much, ya I do..so does my wife and a few of her friends.  Most of my friends who are geeks do as well.

Then again, we're all a bunch of jean and tshirt wearing slackers for the most part.  Nobody in my circle of friends has anything to hide, we're all very open with our geekiness.  Some of us even have geek tats

a few years of going to dragon*con and seeing 30,000+ people from all walks of life enjoying a common nerdiness helps to break the shell.  We're also cosplayers and have no problem displaying our geekdom through cosplay once or twice a year.  If you havnt experienced an adult night life at 3am with a bunch of cosplayers.. heheh.. lets just say video game immersion has nothing on it.

• SgtFrogSgtFrog Member Posts: 5,001

No, i dont wear it...i talk about it proudly though.

March on! - Lets Invade Pekopon