Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

who is bluehole studio ?

neosurfeurneosurfeur Member UncommonPosts: 193

who is bluehole studio ?

I mean this their first mmo ? lol
look their website ....

Seriously this game is'nt well done as you think, look the vidoe in game there a poor anisotropic filtering on the texture, i dont think this game would be awesome graphicaly, but probably the artistic will be.

For those living in washintong you might be able to get acces and apply for a job.
http://www.bluehole.net/eng/
( look down the link )

And look This producer leave with is idea of lineage 3 andstarted a little team ... this is'nt promising at all.."

"statement took in the newspaper"
Lineage III development stopped and investigation
Released in Apr 26, 2007 at 8:32 PM | Views:394 Comment:1 Saved:

Recently, Korean police have been busy investigating the issues relating to the interruption of Lineage 3 development.

In February, the Lineage 3 development team leader Yong-Hyun Park at NCsoft was re ......

"

I mean those guy are old little developper with their own idea and ncSoft was'nt what he wanted because they didnt gave a shit of their idea and now they are angry and making their own game in competition and they bet everything on it ( if BnS fail, let see what will be the next Bluehole studio game ... ) lolll nothing everything will probably close the same as many other little compangy who tryed before.

I dont mean this game wont be fun and cool, i just mean the actual hype is to high for this kind of background for a first game form a no name compagny!

Comments

• stayontargetstayontarget Member RarePosts: 6,519

MMMmm Not quite sure what you are trying to say bro.

Are you saying that only good games come from "Big Name Companies" ?

And the "Hype" is a figment of your imagnation.  Trust me, there is not too much talk on the street about this game.  Granted they did do quite well at the last convention.

Velika: City of Wheels: Among the mortal races, the humans were the only one that never built cities or great empires; a curse laid upon them by their creator, Gidd, forced them to wander as nomads for twenty centuries...

• drbaltazardrbaltazar Member UncommonPosts: 7,856

Originally posted by neosurfeur

who is bluehole studio ?

look their website ....

Seriously this game is'nt well done as you think, look the vidoe in game there a poor anisotropic filtering on the texture, i dont think this game would be awesome graphicaly, but probably the artistic will be.

For those living in washintong you might be able to get acces and apply for a job.

( look down the link )

And look This producer leave with is idea of lineage 3 andstarted a little team ... this is'nt promising at all.."

Recently, Korean police have been busy investigating the issues relating to the interruption of Lineage 3 development.

In February, the Lineage 3 development team leader Yong-Hyun Park at NCsoft was re ......

"

I mean those guy are old little developper with their own idea and ncSoft was'nt what he wanted because they didnt gave a shit of their idea and now they are angry and making their own game in competition and they bet everything on it ( if BnS fail, let see what will be the next Bluehole studio game ... ) lolll nothing everything will probably close the same as many other little compangy who tryed before.

I dont mean this game wont be fun and cool, i just mean the actual hype is to high for this kind of background for a first game form a no name compagny!

it will be very easy for ncsoft to block this game !now ncsoft just let justice do its thing but its safe to say where ever this game will be released in each country ncsoft will probably sue and win either blockade(ncsoft dont want that)or a big chunk of royalties since they cant dev l3 the team went away

but ncsoft is still the owner whatever cloud blue is trying to use

i do hope they sue the team releasing tera for only one reason ,just to make sure it never happen to anybody else again

no company should suffer like ncsoft is suffering just because employe got a slap on the wrist for x,y,z reason at ncsoft office

stealing idea is stealing!

People really jump to conclusions with little or no facts.  Perhaps that is why it is decided in a court of law and not in the court of plubic opinion.

Velika: City of Wheels: Among the mortal races, the humans were the only one that never built cities or great empires; a curse laid upon them by their creator, Gidd, forced them to wander as nomads for twenty centuries...

• EphimeroEphimero Member Posts: 1,860

Afaik, bluehole is a mixure between E&G studio (those who did cinematic work for Lineage I and II) and Lineage II studio. It's a company with resources and a huge team even if it's just their first game as bluehole.

And hype is about liking what one sees, if you are bothered by the anisotropic filtering seen in youtube videos enough to drop your hype to nothing, up to you, that, however, is not really common in people.

• DillingerEPDillingerEP Member UncommonPosts: 366

Originally posted by drbaltazar

Originally posted by neosurfeur

who is bluehole studio ?

look their website ....

( look down the link )

"

it will be very easy for ncsoft to block this game !now ncsoft just let justice do its thing but its safe to say where ever this game will be released in each country ncsoft will probably sue and win either blockade(ncsoft dont want that)or a big chunk of royalties since they cant dev l3 the team went away

but ncsoft is still the owner whatever cloud blue is trying to use

i do hope they sue the team releasing tera for only one reason ,just to make sure it never happen to anybody else again

no company should suffer like ncsoft is suffering just because employe got a slap on the wrist for x,y,z reason at ncsoft office

stealing idea is stealing!

I want whatever you and the OP are smoking.

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332

I sort of agree with what the OP is saying,but these guys were a part of the biggest Korean developer as far as quality goes,i mean there is a ton of crap Korean developers out there.

The reason the lead guy wen to jail was because he divulging trade secrets,he used this tactic to get a lot of money from investors.I nreality they obviosuly did not steal anything as the game still continues and did not break a sweat during Beta.

Personally if it makes the OP feel better,i don't over hype anything,i am VERY skeptical and withhold praise until i see the finished product.

One thing that is 100% certain is that Korean games all ollow the same typical pattterns that i equate to cheap developing tactics.example poor animation frames,way too fast because the ydon't use enough frames.They NEVER use movers such as working doors,i mean if a developer is that cheap/lazy trying to cut corners to save 5 minutes for a mover,then can yo uexpect the rest of the game received any effort?

I realize the lazy/cheap trends of Korean developers has to end sooner or later,there is always people in business that become influenced by otehr games and other cultures.

Do i think TERA is the new age of gaming for Korean development?Not really,i am willing to give them a shot,but seeign a few things in videos has left me realizing this will probably be another easy mode arcade action style mmorpg.I expect the usual priority to player weapons and gear,the rest of the world will probably look very bland and full of cheap textures/models.I see some a few differences in player models and gear,but they just could not resist having those gothic ,spiked weapons and gear .

I judge EVERY game versus what Square accomplished for FFXI a game designed to run on the PS2,i fully expect EVERY game to at least match that game in just about every facet,so yes i expect a LOT from game developers ,but i think i am fair,if you can't to come close to equalling a console rpg,then you fail as a developer.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• neosurfeurneosurfeur Member UncommonPosts: 193

that what i call a brilliant speach :) thank, it so nice to see someone having a head and using it ^^''

I'm trying to recall how many mmo's have working doors...must be a pain when there is heavy traffic through those types of doors.  Probably why we dont see working doors in an mmo, regardless of what country the game was made in  :p