Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for a game were i can build things

zykl0zykl0 Member UncommonPosts: 10

Hello,

I play mmorpg for 12years now

Classic mmorpg are less and less captivating me, i have the feeling i played everything no more effect of surprise, no more feeling of discovery, les and less active grouping i have the feeling every mmorpg became a singleplayer rpg with an auction house.

Im interested to play a game were i could build thing.

somewhere were i could spend my life at gathering, gardening, building house, crafting weapon and making my own business, im bored of the never ending race to find a better weapon with 2more dps to beat something harder for looting something else with 2more dps for fighting something else harder etc...

i liked EQ2 and Daoc housing

i loved Fallen earth craft

I'm not interested in wurm, SWG, Ryzom or any other dying game.

Any advice?

Comments

• kaiser3282kaiser3282 Member UncommonPosts: 2,759

Well Xsyon is supposed to launch the Prelude (early entry for some preorder people to start the game) sometime this evening, and a lot of us are waiting to see how it turns out. Its the biggest hopeful right now for sandbox fans, the features theyre supposed to be putting into the game are pretty amazing and will be completely player driven (exploring the world, unlocking new technology & crafting as players progress through the world, player developed societies, building tribes/villages/cities, terraforming the environment, etc). Should be great for what youre looking for, just keep an eye out for more news on it throughout the night and the next couple days as people start getting into the game and hopefully get us some videos and stuff (the devs have not made videos of their own, they say they want players to make them to show what the game is truly like playing it for yourself, rathe rthan done by some artist to hype up the game)

• zykl0zykl0 Member UncommonPosts: 10

Originally posted by kaiser3282

Well Xsyon is supposed to launch the Prelude (early entry for some preorder people to start the game) sometime this evening, and a lot of us are waiting to see how it turns out. Its the biggest hopeful right now for sandbox fans, the features theyre supposed to be putting into the game are pretty amazing and will be completely player driven (exploring the world, unlocking new technology & crafting as players progress through the world, player developed societies, building tribes/villages/cities, terraforming the environment, etc). Should be great for what youre looking for, just keep an eye out for more news on it throughout the night and the next couple days as people start getting into the game and hopefully get us some videos and stuff (the devs have not made videos of their own, they say they want players to make them to show what the game is truly like playing it for yourself, rathe rthan done by some artist to hype up the game)

WOW !! never heard anything about this game, i'm looking at the features and im stunned !! i want to try this !!

• Cpt_PicardCpt_Picard Member Posts: 300

May I suggest Ultima Online, the master of ingame housing....

Make it so...

• inBOILinBOIL Member Posts: 669

High Tech Engineering ?

http://www.tirschool.com/

Generation P

Yeah thats how pretty much everyone feels. The game was pretty much unheard of until like 2 months ago, when they started releasing bits of info like the features list. The devs have stated they wanted to keep it that way, keep it very low key and let people trickle in  in small groups as the game expands and they get everything working perfectly, rather than get a massive influx of players based on hype at launch who have issues and give it a bad name before they have a chance to fix it. Theyre basically looking to start with a very small community to begin impacting and influencing the world while giving them feedback and stuff, and then bring in more and more people.

The sandbox fan side of me cant wait for this game. Theres some dispute over wether or not the game will even be real (due to the lack of vids, etc), or if any of these features will really work properly & be functional, but if everything works out this is going to be one amazing game. IMO, most of us have been sucked into games by vids and hype only to be extremely let down by how off the videos and hype were from real gameplay, so i couldnt care less about the lack of vids.

Originally posted by kaiser3282

Yeah thats how pretty much everyone feels. The game was pretty much unheard of until like 2 months ago, when they started releasing bits of info like the features list. The devs have stated they wanted to keep it that way, keep it very low key and let people trickle in  in small groups as the game expands and they get everything working perfectly, rather than get a massive influx of players based on hype at launch who have issues and give it a bad name before they have a chance to fix it. Theyre basically looking to start with a very small community to begin impacting and influencing the world while giving them feedback and stuff, and then bring in more and more people.

The sandbox fan side of me cant wait for this game. Theres some dispute over wether or not the game will even be real (due to the lack of vids, etc), or if any of these features will really work properly & be functional, but if everything works out this is going to be one amazing game. IMO, most of us have been sucked into games by vids and hype only to be extremely let down by how off the videos and hype were from real gameplay, so i couldnt care less about the lack of vids.

Ill wait for some people feedback before pre-ordering the game.

do you know if i am safe in my house? i dont want this game to be a big pvp mess were im nowhere safe and all my goods can be stolen or destroyed !!

I loved UO but pretty much dead to me for few years now.

From the info theyve given us it looks like basically ther will eventually be 2 main factions of Good & Evil where Good cannot freely kill Good or else they will turn Evil, but Evil can kill more freely without penalties. On both side sthough there will be systems put into place to setup Alliances, Rivalries, and Wars, with specific rules set by the leadership of the tribes as far as the fighting rules (death, unconcious, etc), looting rules (none, 1 item, full loot), and a few other options.

From the way they described it (at least what i gathered from what i read), it sounds like the Good side will be the safer side to play if youre not a big fan of FFA PvP and are more of a carebear or gatherer/crafter type, but the evil side will satisfy the hardcore PvPers since theyre able to more freely attack eachothe rif there are no Good enemies to go after. I could be wrong about that, but we will see i guess.

• mrcalhoumrcalhou Member UncommonPosts: 1,444

You could give Afterworld a shot.

--------
    "Chemistry: 'We do stuff in lab that would be a felony in your garage.'"

The most awesomest after school special T-shirt:
    Front: UNO Chemistry Club
    Back: /\OH --> Bad Decisions