Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Electronic Arts could be an acquisition target, CNN Money reports

Not uninteresting in view of the postponed launch of SW.

Apparently the company is in dire need for a hit. Source CNN:

Electronic Arts (ERTS) is badly in need of a restart ,some fund managers think a recovery is around the corner, CNN Money reports. The stock's 2011 price to earnings ratio of 31 doesn't look cheap, but it was trading at 140 times earnings just three years ago. Harry Rady, CEO of Rady Asset Management, said that the company could be an acquisition target for large media companies or private equity due to $1.1B cash on the balance sheet.

Pressure must be enormous on Bioware to dig to the 24Karat Gold mine tunnels.

2011 is very much do or die for EA.

Bobby Kotick is sitting on a mountain of 3.1 billion dollar cash.

Who's gonna stop the guy ?

Want a real mmorpg? Play WOW with experience turned off mode and be Pve_Pvp King at any level without a rat race.

Comments

• ABRaquelABRaquel Member UncommonPosts: 541

Originally posted by camp11111

Electronic Arts (ERTS) is badly in need of a restart ,some fund managers think a recovery is around the corner, CNN Money reports. The stock's 2011 price to earnings ratio of 31 doesn't look cheap, but it was trading at 140 times earnings just three years ago. Harry Rady, CEO of Rady Asset Management, said that the company could be an acquisition target for large media companies or private equity due to $1.1B cash on the balance sheet.

The DoJ and EC, since they have to clear buyouts and mergers when its this magnitude (it happened when Vivendi wanted to merge with Activision)...and I got a feeling that Activision-Vivendi would not be allowed to buy EA.

• camp11111camp11111 Member Posts: 602

Originally posted by ABRaquel

The DoJ and EC, since they have to clear buyouts and mergers when its this magnitude (it happened when Vivendi wanted to merge with Activision)...and I got a feeling that Activision-Vivendi would not be allowed to buy EA.

Unless it is divided into pieces.

Want a real mmorpg? Play WOW with experience turned off mode and be Pve_Pvp King at any level without a rat race.

• CzzarreCzzarre Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 3,742

I dont know much on the topic of business. But from my view in the videogame world, EA seems like one of the more solid brands and companies. I wouldnt be too surprised if someone wants to buy it

• EndDreamEndDream Member Posts: 1,152

First of all, the SEC would not allow Activion-Blizzard to buy EA as it would be a blatent anti-trust issue. Also, $3.1 Billion is not enough to buy EA. Third, Activison would do much better with a stock repurchasing plan than to buy EA.

If EA does get boughtout it will be by someone else, but man 31x earnings is low? jeez!

Remember Old School Ultima Online

• Gabby-airGabby-air Member UncommonPosts: 3,440

I dno, i would quite like it if blizzard and bioware were both working on swtor instead of the WAR guys. Activision could bring big bucks from EA IP's that they put in the ground.

• bobfishbobfish Member UncommonPosts: 1,679

There is nothing good about Activision, I would hate for them to get their hands on BioWare or ANY company, they'd rape it until it was dead and then rape it some more.

• camp11111camp11111 Member Posts: 602

Originally posted by bobfish

There is nothing good about Activision, I would hate for them to get their hands on BioWare or ANY company, they'd rape it until it was dead and then rape it some more.

Yes EA is so much better.

• zarhimezarhime Member Posts: 5

The best bet would for be for them to sell some of the smaller companies they have aquired.   Name a software company who would not want bioware. They could also sell their IP on some of their games that they do not plan on revisiting.

• bobfishbobfish Member UncommonPosts: 1,679

Originally posted by zarhime

The best bet would for be for them to sell some of the smaller companies they have aquired.   Name a software company who would not want bioware. They could also sell their IP on some of their games that they do not plan on revisiting.

EA aren't in trouble, they are just in a position that makes them a good aquisition target for people like Warner or NBC.

• SEANMCADSEANMCAD Member EpicPosts: 16,775

?Originally posted by camp11111

acquisition target for large media companies....

so now our video games will have the same outstanding quality as Fox News.

damn

Please do not respond to me, even if I ask you a question, its rhetorical.

Please do not respond to me