Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Well worth the money in my opinion

Agricola1Agricola1 Member UncommonPosts: 4,977

Nice co-op PvE great PvP with good maps (it's suprising how hard it is to make a good map for shooters) and conquest mode (that I haven't tried yet). All that for a one time payment to steam of £25 and subscriptions won't begin until the end of April or after sandstorm is released. In my opinion if you like FPS you can't go wrong, this isn't an MMORPG however so don't expect one.

As long as you accept it for what it is and don't go looking for an MMORPG you'll probably like it. I'm having fun doing merc missions right now (10v10 pvp) the maps are really well thought out and I can't say there's a single bad map in the game right now. I can't wait for sandstorm which is basically a free expansion that they think will justify a subscription, however you can still do PVE and PVP missions without subscribing once it goes live. So the fee is optional.

Just thought I post this to balance out the opinions on the game.

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience"

CS Lewis

Comments

• KostKost Member CommonPosts: 1,975

I agree with everything you posted.

I've been playing since the trial program launched and I have had nothing but fun the entire time. Recon and Medic are my favorite classes currently, I really enjoy sniping/stealth and healing teammates, removing debuffs, etc...

It definitely isn't what I would consider to be an MMORPG, but it certainly provides a whole lot of fun for anyone into FPS or TPS games.

Worth every penny imho.