Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Free Realms not so free anymore...

13»

Comments

• KhinRuniteKhinRunite Member Posts: 879

This "Free to play" Free Realms is the OLD Free Realms. It's gone now. Stop trying to attach "Free to play" with the title. SOE changed its business strategy with this game and they gave reasons for doing so (ie. nobody's buying from the item shop so there's no revenue). Luckily for them, the word FREE still applies to the game because the player is given a virtual sense of freedom (e.g. free to do whatever you want).

There's no more reason to spout stuff like "Oh but SOE said that this game is supported only by item shop etc etc", because that's already obsolete and teh change has already been justified. Now if you choose not to believe them and settle with your conspiracy theory then its a whole different discussion.

I'm gonna do some more research. If I see or hear anywhere SOE still advertising this game as a fully free game I'd also be calling out 'Foul!' I don't live in America so I don't have access to non web-based advertisements.