Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

HowTo: Plateau Omnibus Guide

KostKost Member CommonPosts: 1,975

Plateau Omnibus Guide

Written by Hudson @ Banstick Discussion Forums.

Original Link: http://thebanstick.com/forum/index.php?topic=146.0

The Archivists in Embry Crossroads (nearly opposite the Auction House on the south-west side of the town) will give you 5AP for handing in an Omnibus, which is a set of 36 books divided into three Collections.

The Archivists will also give you another 1AP each for an additional three Collections.

Note: Sector Two (New Flagstaff) and Sector Three (Trader's Flat) also have the same type of Archives missions, each again requiring 2 sets of 18 books. Likewise, 5 AP for an Omnibus and 1 AP for each collection.

Instructions for making a Sector 1 Omnibus

You will need to collect 2 each of the following books:

Bad-to-the-Bone Natural Weapons

Buns of Steel: Plate Cutlets

Chupacabra: Myth or Mutant

Cowboy Up: Tough Guy Health

Dish It Out without Taking It

Eat Me: A Cannibal's Manifesto

Food Fight! Meals Fight Back

Hacking Your Medicine

Hit 'Em High, Hit 'Em Low

Kwolek: Bulletproof Babe

Osteoderma and Armor Mutations

Rockin' Experiments for All

Stone Ammo: Slings & Sieges

Stone-Cold Knockdown

Test Tube Beef: Savory Science

The Bacon Cure

The Science of Accuracy

Uncommon Genome, Common Cold

The first Omnibus

These books can be scavenged from Curious Debris nodes, and also from some bookshelves, scattered throughout Sector 1. They may also be swapped and traded between players.

Once you have collected the books, volunteer your help to Augusta Brown, outside the Archivist house in Embry Crossroads. Then get Alma Finley to bind your books, first into sets, then collections, then an omnibus.

You can then hand the Omnibus in to Chet Perkins for your 5AP reward.

The second Omnibus

If you can collect enough books for another Omnibus set you can hand each Collection separately for another 3AP in total.

To hand in the second Omnibus, remember only to bind into the three separate Collections, not an Omnibus. Then speak to the NPC Tanya Nuygen, who is in the back room of the ground floor, behind Alma Finley.

Do NOT hand the second Omnibus into Chet Perkins - unless you are really really desperate for a either can of gas or a vehicle battery and consider one of these a worthwhile reward for your time and effort

The sets and collections are as follows:

The Combat Collection

Armorcraft

Ballistics

The Science of Accuracy

Weaponry Sets

Stone-Cold Knockdown

The Research Collection

Geology

Stone-Cold Knockdown

Mutagenics

Science

Hacking Your Medicine

The Science of Accuracy

The Support Collection

Cooking

The Bacon Cure

Medicine

The Bacon Cure

Cowboy Up: Tough-Guy Health;

Hacking Your Medicine

Nature

Cowboy Up: Tough Guy Health

Curious Debris Locations in S1

roguishness.com/fe/map.php

Comments

• WickedjellyWickedjelly Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 4,990

Nice post.  This info will come in handy...thank you.

Deserves a sticky imo

EDIT: Lol...and right after I post this upon refresh I see that it has been.  Well deserved hehe

1. For god's sake mmo gamers, enough with the analogies. They're unnecessary and your comparisons are terrible, dissimilar, and illogical.

2. To posters feeling the need to state how f2p really isn't f2p: Players understand the concept. You aren't privy to some secret the rest are missing. You're embarrassing yourself.

3. Yes, Cpt. Obvious, we're not industry experts. Now run along and let the big people use the forums for their purpose.

• ThillianThillian Member UncommonPosts: 3,156

Unless you're the original author, this is a shameless copy-paste of an omnibus guide written earlier without mentioning the source.

This is the original guide:

http://thebanstick.com/forum/index.php?topic=146.0

REALITY CHECK

• KostKost Member CommonPosts: 1,975

Originally posted by Thillian

Unless you're the original author, this is a shameless copy-paste of an omnibus guide written earlier without mentioning the source.

This is the original guide:

http://thebanstick.com/forum/index.php?topic=146.0

You are absolutely correct in assuming I am not the original author.

However, I can assure you that my intention here was never to deny the original author of any due credit.

This guide was emailed to me by a clanmate who requested that I post here for others to use, I assumed (and apparently my assumption was incorrect) that he was the one who had written the guide. The clanmate that mailed me the document did not request to be listed as the author so I simply posted the information I had been given and called it a day.

All indications lead me to believe your link is the original source, and as such I have credited both the author and linked site that it apparently originated on within the body of the document, near the top of the guide.

Thank you for bringing this to my attention.