Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The one thing i don't get...

describabledescribable Member UncommonPosts: 407

I mean sure no WASD (or arrow keys) sucks.. okay we can get past that... [even though as a PC gamer the right click and left click and drag doesn't bother me (especially in RTS games)]

but i played Alganon beta (as always i'm a gamer i like to try new things) and Mytheon is in a different league... to be honest if you compare lack of quest supposedly "AAA MMO" CO or STO, i mean i'm surprised Mytheon didn't go Pay To Play Subscription approach. Make it $10 instead of $14.99, and you're looking at "do i pay for a 360 arcade game or this for a month".

It doesn't feel like an item shop game, i've had no issues running it... or installing. Even compared to Square Enix's FEZ. this doesn't feel like an F2P. (with little (emphasis on little) time and effort this could feel better than DDO at launch).

Surprisingly impressed with the game. That may change, it always does. But it's certainly a change in mmo terms, to be fair i think any Torchlight MMO, may very well play like this.

"nothing actually matters, we're just slightly evolved monkeys clinging to a dying piece of rock hurtling through space waiting for our eventual death." - Frankie Boyle, Mock The Week

Comments

• hidden1hidden1 Member UncommonPosts: 1,244
    Originally posted by describable

I mean sure no WASD (or arrow keys) sucks.. okay we can get past that... [even though as a PC gamer the right click and left click and drag doesn't bother me (especially in RTS games)]
    but i played Alganon beta (as always i'm a gamer i like to try new things) and Mytheon is in a different league... to be honest if you compare lack of quest supposedly "AAA MMO" CO or STO, i mean i'm surprised Mytheon didn't go Pay To Play Subscription approach. Make it $10 instead of $14.99, and you're looking at "do i pay for a 360 arcade game or this for a month".
    It doesn't feel like an item shop game, i've had no issues running it... or installing. Even compared to Square Enix's FEZ. this doesn't feel like an F2P. (with little (emphasis on little) time and effort this could feel better than DDO at launch).
    Surprisingly impressed with the game. That may change, it always does. But it's certainly a change in mmo terms, to be fair i think any Torchlight MMO, may very well play like this.

I've played this one as well, but one thing put me off on it, and that was despite playing anyone of the 3 different classes, they all played the same.  Sort like they were all either a tank-summoner, wizard-summoner, or ranger-summoner... Any class I picked felt like i was playing the same class summoner.  But aside from that, the graphics aren't bad and the animations on both your toon and the mobs you fight are almost as good looking as Torchlight single player.

On torchlight note, it will be interesting to see if their f2p model will be fair or gauge it's subscribers like most item shop f2p mmos.  But who knows at this point.

• describabledescribable Member UncommonPosts: 407
    Originally posted by hidden1

I've played this one as well, but one thing put me off on it, and that was despite playing anyone of the 3 different classes, they all played the same.  Sort like they were all either a tank-summoner, wizard-summoner, or ranger-summoner... Any class I picked felt like i was playing the same class summoner.  But aside from that, the graphics aren't bad and the animations on both your toon and the mobs you fight are almost as good looking as Torchlight single player.

On torchlight note, it will be interesting to see if their f2p model will be fair or gauge it's subscribers like most item shop f2p mmos.  But who knows at this point.

I agree with you completely...  (wonder how many people go "agreeing in a forum.. what is he on") but no... you make a good point and i agree. Could be why i switch off too, although i don't like games that overburden classes (EQ2 i'm looking at you) but i do like a mix.... helps replayability.

I think after levelling up 2 out of 3 classes on STO i can see that becoming an issue too.  Still it's always interesting to see developers thoughts and how they proceed.

to be honest  i wouldn't want to be a games developer... as a gamer, i'd probably ruin the game by trying to hard to put what I want in it.  (zombies, bikini's, swords, chainswords... ooh uber chainswords that glow... i'm being silly, but i'd want them there somewhere lol)

"nothing actually matters, we're just slightly evolved monkeys clinging to a dying piece of rock hurtling through space waiting for our eventual death." - Frankie Boyle, Mock The Week

• hidden1hidden1 Member UncommonPosts: 1,244

Originally posted by hidden1

I agree with you completely...  (wonder how many people go "agreeing in a forum.. what is he on") but no... you make a good point and i agree. Could be why i switch off too, although i don't like games that overburden classes (EQ2 i'm looking at you) but i do like a mix.... helps replayability.

I think after levelling up 2 out of 3 classes on STO i can see that becoming an issue too.  Still it's always interesting to see developers thoughts and how they proceed.

to be honest  i wouldn't want to be a games developer... as a gamer, i'd probably ruin the game by trying to hard to put what I want in it.  (zombies, bikini's, swords, chainswords... ooh uber chainswords that glow... i'm being silly, but i'd want them there somewhere lol)

WOW!  Call Sam Raimi... from what you just described "(zombies, bikini's, swords, chainswords...)", I'm thinking Army of Darkness MMORPG lol.  I'd play that p2p!!!