Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Rejected from a clan

Comments

• DonnieBrascoDonnieBrasco Member Posts: 1,757

Hmmm...  I'm not in a clan in this game, and I don't miss it, TBH. If any game suits the "Lone Wolf" playstyle, it's FE :D

But that's just me..... each to their own :) For the record, I am in a kinship in Lotro since Day 1 :)

DB

Denial makes one look a lot dumber than he/she actually is.

• OrphesOrphes Member UncommonPosts: 3,039
    Originally posted by causs

Trial Failed, recruit was ingame and not even on vent and on an alt (He was playing Fallen Earth on an alt, all alts belong in the clan, and hiding away on one while pretending to not be online isn't tolerated).
    Didn't like him too much to be frank, but gave him a chance as I think all deserve. If only he wasn't so ****ing stupid, he might have got away with it.
    Cowards like this (As we ascertained last night), are not tolerated here.
    Once you join, 100% vent, all alts in clan.
    What the **** is so hard about that to understand you retarded ****? Especially after we had words about it.
    TH                                          

Some people were asking:
    Their website: http://www.alwaysdragoons.com
    Ingame clan: The Dragoon Brotherhood

Well, this is what he has send me after 2 days of me joining this clan. I actually have a job, and only came online to check my crafting before going to work. It was on my alt, but I didn't got an invite on my alt yet. After my work I came online, to join ventrilo. Before I joined ventrilo, I checked my email. This was in it. While I don't care if people talk to me like this (it's just the internet in the end), it's kind of childish. Ah well, will just start looking for a more social clan.
    [Mod Edit - excessive foul language]

I think the Dragoon Brotherhood are allowed to have their rules.

But judging from your quote here I just want to give you some kudos for lifting the(ir) issue. If they have this attitude they should stand for it after all.  As you say "it's just the internet in the end". That is no excuse for them or similar people.

Don't support asshats. If they want a good reputation they have to deserve it, if they want a bad one... well that's easy to get.

I'm so broke. I can't even pay attention.
    "You have the right not to be killed"

• causscauss Member UncommonPosts: 666

Thanks for your reactions guys. Luckely, there are still enough sane people around the place.

• HeretiqueHeretique Member RarePosts: 1,535

Well it's official, The Dragoon Brotherhood loves bad rep and now they have it.

Enjoy.

• Frostbite05Frostbite05 Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,880

Haha there rules are horrible be thankful you are no longer in such a horrid clan. Groups like that give mmo's a bad name.

• neonakaneonaka Member UncommonPosts: 779

I will QFT the WTF!

Heh this is a pretty funny thread. BTW what is up with a 100% vent rules thats pretty dumb outside actually grouping up to accomplish a task.

• SEANMCADSEANMCAD Member EpicPosts: 16,775

wait...this is basically a PvE server where groups are barely even needed in the first place correct?

Sorry but coming from Darkfall where its actually possible for a single player to cause so much problems that war is decalred against the entire clan and a player built city which took months to build can be lost in the process, I find this story a bit funny.

Please do not respond to me, even if I ask you a question, its rhetorical.

Please do not respond to me

Originally posted by SEANMCAD

wait...this is basically a PvE server where groups are barely even needed in the first place correct?

Sorry but coming from Darkfall where its actually possible for a single player to cause so much problems that war is decalred against the entire clan and a player built city which took months to build can be lost in the process, I find this story a bit funny.

Likewise but honestly this game is just a niche as darkfall.

• sn0wblind00sn0wblind00 Member UncommonPosts: 388
    Originally posted by Frostbite05

Heh this is a pretty funny thread. BTW what is up with a 100% vent rules thats pretty dumb outside actually grouping up to accomplish a task.

It is for people who think the game should be a 2nd job. 

'2nd requirement - no enjoying the game'.

Given how recruitment is handled in many games these days, it doesn't surprise me.  'Submit your resume, wait to be contacted.  Requirements are as follows..."

What ever happened to grouping up with some guys for a while and just asking to join?

• FraxtureFraxture Member UncommonPosts: 121

From looking at his post, I would say he has a hard time spelling and typing coherently. So vent must be his only way to circumvent his short comings in the English language...

• OrphesOrphes Member UncommonPosts: 3,039
    Originally posted by Fraxture

From looking at his post, I would say he has a hard time spelling and typing coherently. So vent must be his only way to circumvent his short comings in the English language...

Ooooh... Only speaking for me now ofcourse.

I have had trouble understanding what I actually said in a lot of my posts... :S Due to badly written english, the phrases is kind of... And nope, phrases don't come out easier on went.

;)

I'm so broke. I can't even pay attention.
    "You have the right not to be killed"

• Robdc84Robdc84 Member Posts: 156

what a jerk, who cares if you have alts outside the clan nothing wrong with sometimes u just wanna be left alone.

IN THE FACE!

• KazaraKazara Member UncommonPosts: 1,086

As a fairly new player, I always appreciate info that will spare me the misfortune of joining such a clan. I am looking for a more mature, social clan myself that doesn't have such unreasonable, foul-mouthed leadership.

• CalerxesCalerxes Member UncommonPosts: 1,641

www.alwaysdragoons.com/general-discussion-f8/guild-charter-all-basics-rules-and-ranks-found-here-t3675.htm

I think we have a budding Kim Jong Il, I wonder why someone would want to join such a resctrictive and secretive guild.

Cal..

This doom and gloom thread was brought to you by Chin Up™ the new ultra high caffeine soft drink for gamers who just need that boost of happiness after a long forum session.

• CombspeCombspe Member UncommonPosts: 140

It sounds like that clan is ran by a bunch of retards. If I were you I would have told them to go fuck themselves but that's just me.

• dragoonsruledragoonsrule Member Posts: 2

dragoons 4 lyfe dont pay any attention to this thread yeaaaaaaaaaaaaa boooooy

• ShastraShastra Member Posts: 1,061
    Originally posted by Deleted User

Yeah nice publicity going for you guys!! ;o

• TheHidden012TheHidden012 Member Posts: 12
    Originally posted by Shastra

Originally posted by Deleted User

Yeah nice publicity going for you guys!! ;o

Indeed!

If your a non-judgmental assuming based player then take the words of our members. Remember guys, it's easy to look at one side of the story and make wild assumptions! Don't forget also to mention that before you join you are asked if you are comfortable with the rules. We understand alts and ventrilo (Not un-common), all the time maybe extreme for some of you. However you are asked if you are comfortable before joining. If you choose not too, we do not look down on you, we simply smile and say we are not for you.

Of course, the endless bandwagon users here will only see their way of doing things above others. Remember people, no way is the right way, except the way that works for YOU.

The references to me is flattering, I have been a leader of this clan for many years now so seen similar threads. I want to thank each of you as our recruitment has increased dramatically since this little stunt.

If you do see past those who think they know a clan from someone whine about us, here is  testomonial posted on a recruitment thread elsewhere:-

I have now been a dragoon since November 2009 and I must say this has truly been a clan far beyond my expectations.

To not only find a strong and motivated clan but also a group of people that I can call my friends and a family away from home is something that I think is something few people get to experience.

While following simple rules of conduct made to promote unity and strengthen the clan might be too much for some people to deal with, it is what has ensured quality in my fellow dragoon brothers.

Since joining this clan I've grown as a person and as a player, had great laughs with good friends and made memories for life. It is with great anticipation that I look forward to a long and bright future with The Dragoon Brotherhood and whatever it may bring.

See you in game!

Long live The Dragoon Brotherhood!

---------

This thread has been enlightening to reveal those who look only at one side before experiencing truth for themselves. Of course though, I am a hitler right? Even though my clan thrives with members from years ago and yesterday? LOL Goodbye guys, keep up the good work!

The Dragoon Brotherhood - Where there is drama, there are members that do not follow blindly. They are our own.

TH

The Dragoon King;

www.forever-dragoons.com
    Play as One

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183

Sounds like a douche to me, but they have a right to run their clan how they want. I guess they don't want to risk the possibility you would join a different faction/clan with an alt. Which if they are a PVP guild that makes sense. Our guild wasn't much different in SWG, unless you were a BH of course.

If they explained it to you before hand, I can understand the frustration. It sounds to me like it's a guild designed for a specific purpose, PVP or something along those lines, these types of guilds tend to have stricter rules, it doesn't mean they have bad leadership necessarily, if anything it just shows they enforce their policies.

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• IchmenIchmen Member UncommonPosts: 1,228

id just like to add..

MORE DOTS!!!!! 

oh and

1,3,5,7 are left welp group

2,4,6,8 are right welp group...

that is all...

lmao

• TheHidden012TheHidden012 Member Posts: 12
    Originally posted by Malickie

Sounds like a douche to me, but they have a right to run their clan how they want. I guess they don't want to risk the possibility you would join a different faction/clan with an alt. Which if they are a PVP guild that makes sense. Our guild wasn't much different in SWG, unless you were a BH of course.
    If they explained it to you before hand, I can understand the frustration. It sounds to me like it's a guild designed for a specific purpose, PVP or something along those lines, these types of guilds tend to have stricter rules, it doesn't mean they have bad leadership necessarily, if anything it just shows they enforce their policies.

To show you our app:-

The Dragoon Brotherhood have been founded for many years, and as such we are only seeking the best players who share our interests, values and goals. We are interested in the person more so than the character and only want people who are similar to ourselves. We take every application seriously, but we will not be afraid to reject an applicant. Make sure you put the time and effort into the application that accurately reflects your level of interest in joining. Lack of effort is interpreted as a lack of commitment to joining and will be weighed appropriately in the decision making process.

We are looking for veteran gamers who want to be part of a team of friends while at the same time not needing their hands held to accomplish anything in game. They enjoy adventuring as a team but put in the time and effort to learn the game, be good at their chars and class and make the effort to be part of the team. One part of that is our ventrilo policy.

For years members have grown, and social fun and all communication is conveyed over ventrilo. It is a REQUIREMENT that all members use ventrilo 100% of the time that they are in an MMO, this is to add to the vocal, community, and strong communication of the Dragoons. A mic, however, is not required.

-------------------

And later on

Please re-type the following as if spoken by you:-

You understand that The Dragoon Brotherhood recruits the person and not the character and thus you cannot have characters in any other guilds while a member.

You are looking for a long term guild home. You are seeking a stable guild to be a member of for a long time to come.

You understand that ventrilo is required 100% of the time, and will do your best to uphold that.

-----------------------

Basically you fill this out. YES it may not be for all, but before you're even in, you understand these things. Sorry to say but if you fill out the app, and then later complain about it your the idiot. Not us.

----

We have simply carried out what we said. That is all. You know, we could be weak minded and be "oh so devasted" that this thread is here. But when you see members posting stuff like I posted and having a great time (As I speak).

You learn to not give a shit.

TH

The Dragoon King;

www.forever-dragoons.com
    Play as One

• KremlikKremlik Member UncommonPosts: 716
    Originally posted by TheHidden012

The Dragoon Brotherhood have been founded for many years, and as such we are only seeking the best players who share our interests, values and goals. We are interested in the person more so than the character and only want people who are similar to ourselves. We take every application seriously, but we will not be afraid to reject an applicant. Make sure you put the time and effort into the application that accurately reflects your level of interest in joining. Lack of effort is interpreted as a lack of commitment to joining and will be weighed appropriately in the decision making process.

We are looking for veteran gamers who want to be part of a team of friends while at the same time not needing their hands held to accomplish anything in game. They enjoy adventuring as a team but put in the time and effort to learn the game, be good at their chars and class and make the effort to be part of the team. One part of that is our ventrilo policy.

For years members have grown, and social fun and all communication is conveyed over ventrilo. It is a REQUIREMENT that all members use ventrilo 100% of the time that they are in an MMO, this is to add to the vocal, community, and strong communication of the Dragoons. A mic, however, is not required.

-------------------

And later on

You understand that The Dragoon Brotherhood recruits the person and not the character and thus you cannot have characters in any other guilds while a member.

You are looking for a long term guild home. You are seeking a stable guild to be a member of for a long time to come.

You understand that ventrilo is required 100% of the time, and will do your best to uphold that.

-----------------------

Basically you fill this out. YES it may not be for all, but before you're even in, you understand these things. Sorry to say but if you fill out the app, and then later complain about it your the idiot. Not us.

----

We have simply carried out what we said. That is all. You know, we could be weak minded and be "oh so devasted" that this thread is here. But when you see members posting stuff like I posted and having a great time (As I speak).

TH

Hidden, the rules although questionable really aren't the most damnning fact about the clan - it's the fact you swore and basically acted like a compete arse on a very open to the public part of your forum, not really the best qualitly of leader people are looking for.

I think just manning up and admitting you went a little bit too far, instead of trying to 'justify' your actions by hiding behind your rules would do far better for your leadership credibility atm

Bring on the WARRRRGGHH!

• DarkholmeDarkholme Member UncommonPosts: 1,212

If that were true at all you would not have bothered to come here and try and defend yourself and your clan...

Don't bother dude, we truly could not possibly care less what you do.

-------------------------
    "Searchers after horror haunt strange, far places..." ~ H.P.Lovecraft, "From Beyond"

Member Since March 2004

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183

-------------------

And later on

-----------------------

----

TH

Yeah after reading this I can understand how all of this came to be. And I take back the douche comment. Because it's obvious what happened, we got this a lot as well.

It's not about controlling someones play-style, it's about ensuring a strong clan. A lot of people don't understand this, and want to be in multiple clans etc... Or worse hide when they agreed to the terms of joining. There's a guild out there for everyone find the one that suits you. Don't blame a guild for enforcing their policies.

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson