Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Rejected from a clan

causscauss Member UncommonPosts: 666

Trial Failed, recruit was ingame and not even on vent and on an alt (He was playing Fallen Earth on an alt, all alts belong in the clan, and hiding away on one while pretending to not be online isn't tolerated).

Didn't like him too much to be frank, but gave him a chance as I think all deserve. If only he wasn't so ****ing stupid, he might have got away with it.

Cowards like this (As we ascertained last night), are not tolerated here.

Once you join, 100% vent, all alts in clan.

What the **** is so hard about that to understand you retarded ****? Especially after we had words about it.

TH                                          

Some people were asking:

Their website: http://www.alwaysdragoons.com

Ingame clan: The Dragoon Brotherhood

Well, this is what he has send me after 2 days of me joining this clan. I actually have a job, and only came online to check my crafting before going to work. It was on my alt, but I didn't got an invite on my alt yet. After my work I came online, to join ventrilo. Before I joined ventrilo, I checked my email. This was in it. While I don't care if people talk to me like this (it's just the internet in the end), it's kind of childish. Ah well, will just start looking for a more social clan.

[Mod Edit - excessive foul language]

Comments

• RednecksithRednecksith Member Posts: 1,238

LOL.

Yeah, if that's the general quality of the people they have in their clan, I think you should be grateful you got rejected. Quite snotty and immature.

• majimaji Member UncommonPosts: 2,091

You should be glad you were not accepted. :) I wouldn't join such a clan if I'd be paid for it. :)

Let's play Fallen Earth (blind, 300 episodes)

Let's play Guild Wars 2 (blind, 45 episodes)

• karat76karat76 Member UncommonPosts: 1,000

Sound like the kind of clan that gives the whole community a bad name.

• VeldekarVeldekar Member Posts: 220

Two questions:

How did he know you were on an alt not in the clan? And...

What is the name of the clan so 'IF' i decide to resub to FE, I can avoid it?

• causscauss Member UncommonPosts: 666
    Originally posted by maji

You should be glad you were not accepted. :) I wouldn't join such a clan if I'd be paid for it. :)

And I mean, it was in FE. One of the nicest communities in MMOworld today. Ah well, they were alright in ventrilo tho. Could have said it to me, instead of this.

• SgtFrogSgtFrog Member Posts: 5,001

why was my post deleted?

March on! - Lets Invade Pekopon

Originally posted by Veldekar

Two questions:

I have no clue how he did. But, when I went to work, I kept the game in login screen. But I was not ingame, only for about 5 minutes. Well, I don't really bother. I'm going to look for a more social orientated clan.

• AmatheAmathe Member LegendaryPosts: 7,630

I wouldn't get upset about it. It's better you see how they are early, before you get further involved with them.

EQ1, EQ2, SWG, SWTOR, GW, GW2 CoH, CoV, FFXI, WoW, CO, War,TSW and a slew of free trials and beta tests

• IlvaldyrIlvaldyr Member CommonPosts: 2,142

Yup, better to find out that the guild leadership sucks now, rather than later.

Playing: EVE, Final Fantasy 13, Uncharted 2, Need for Speed: Shift
  • majimaji Member UncommonPosts: 2,091

Though it's kinda weird... In a game that has a single server and where levelling alts takes a long time, you'd think that people would be careful in not getting a bad name (themselves or their clan). Oh well, some people never learn.

Let's play Fallen Earth (blind, 300 episodes)

Let's play Guild Wars 2 (blind, 45 episodes)

• VeldekarVeldekar Member Posts: 220
    Originally posted by causs

Originally posted by Veldekar

Two questions:

I have no clue how he did. But, when I went to work, I kept the game in login screen. But I was not ingame, only for about 5 minutes. Well, I don't really bother. I'm going to look for a more social orientated clan.

I'll be sure to avoid them like the Plague...

• A-L-S-EA-L-S-E Member Posts: 113

Haha.... Wow....

Bad clan is bad.

• ReaperUkReaperUk Member UncommonPosts: 759

I was going to say it doesn't sound like the sort of clan many people would want to be in anyway. Then I read down the replies and see that's pretty much what everyone else already said lol.

What's the name of the clan? Are other FE players likely to have heard of them?

edit: I just noticed the name at the bottom of another post and nope........... never heard of them, even though I played the game from beta until just over a month ago.

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,014
    Originally posted by causs

Trial Failed, recruit was ingame and not even on vent and on an alt (He was playing Fallen Earth on an alt, all alts belong in the clan, and hiding away on one while pretending to not be online isn't tolerated).
    Didn't like him too much to be frank, but gave him a chance as I think all deserve. If only he wasn't so ****ing stupid, he might have got away with it.
    Cowards like this (As we ascertained last night), are not tolerated here.
    Once you join, 100% vent, all alts in clan.
    What the **** is so hard about that to understand you retarded ****? Especially after we had words about it.
    TH

Well, this is what he has send me after 2 days of me joining this clan. I actually have a job, and only came online to check my crafting before going to work. It was on my alt, but I didn't got an invite on my alt yet. After my work I came online, to join ventrilo. Before I joined ventrilo, I checked my email. This was in it. While I don't care if people talk to me like this (it's just the internet in the end), it's kind of childish. Ah well, will just start looking for a more social clan.
    [Mod Edit - excessive foul language]

no, it's not acceptable if you don't want to be spoken to in that fashion. You should have dropped them as "soon as they had words" with you.

Consider yourself lucky.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • dandmcddandmcd Member Posts: 20

Wow, they posted that rejection message for all to see on their recruitment forum, what a real classy clan.  Be happy you got "rejected" they seem like a bunch of douchebags, be thankful you found out right away!  From what I know, there are a lot of cool social guilds to join in FE, you'll find the right one soon enough.

• IlliusIllius Member UncommonPosts: 4,142

I wouldn't concern myself with this, nor would I lose any sleep over it.  In fact if someone started to talk to me like that I would  more then likely burst into laughter at the absurdity of it all.

Take your things and get out of that clan.  Doesn't really sound like a fun place to be and personally would only take away from the game.  Tell em all to choke and die.

No required quests! And if I decide I want to be an assassin-cartographer-dancer-pastry chef who lives only to stalk and kill interior decorators, then that's who I want to be, even if it takes me four years to max all the skills and everyone else thinks I'm freaking nuts. -Madimorga-

Thanks guys, for one second, I thought I would be the one without a 'life' lol. He was hammering on 100% ventrilo. While that is not a problem for me, I had to be on ventrilo, even if I just came online to check something. Some people ..

• WickedjellyWickedjelly Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 4,990

Whew, think it is safe to say like others mentioned be glad you were rejected.  If that is the mentality of the clan leader I foresee much drama in that clan's future.

1. For god's sake mmo gamers, enough with the analogies. They're unnecessary and your comparisons are terrible, dissimilar, and illogical.

2. To posters feeling the need to state how f2p really isn't f2p: Players understand the concept. You aren't privy to some secret the rest are missing. You're embarrassing yourself.

3. Yes, Cpt. Obvious, we're not industry experts. Now run along and let the big people use the forums for their purpose.

• TarotMageTarotMage Member Posts: 126

Causs, I'm not sure if you've read the "Four Signs Your Guild Isn't For You" article here on mmorpg.com but I'm guessing your experience could be a subcategory of Sign #1: "Hitler Has Teamspeak". :). In your case, Hitler had a guildsite.

Just think of your non-acceptance into that "clan" (please note sarcastic use of quotation marks)  as leaving the RMS Titanic in the first lifeboat . :)

Nothing in life is to be feared, it is only to be understood. - Marie Curie

• KainisKainis Member Posts: 436

I would say that, thus far, you might try Crimson Tide. 

-----------------------
    Tried- L2, Ryzom, WAR, DDO, PWI, Tab Rasa, Requiem, Champs, AA, JD, PWI, SUN, Dawntide

Played- SWG (pre-cu), AoC, VG, WoW, LoTRO,CoX, EQ2, DAOC, GW, PotBS, Aion, MO,APB, NASA, Fallen Earth, DCUO, Rift

Playing- EVE, Black Prophecy, TOR

Waiting for- Tera, Jumpgate Evo, WH40K, WWE, WOD, TSW
    --
    --
    "Hey, if Activision liked it, then they should have put a ring on it," Double Fine President Tim Schafer said. "Oh great, now Beyonce is going to sue me too."

• UW1975UW1975 Member Posts: 183

Strong foul language. Seems their leader is terribly immature. Wonder why some people take themselves too seriously. Do they really understand it is a game?

To the OP: feel yourself lucky. You have a life, unlike others...

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,508

100% Vent at all times was your main clue that you were dealing with a bunch of asshats.

Be grateful they rejected you.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• alakramalakram Member UncommonPosts: 2,301

I will never join a clan like this so, you can be gratefull they kicked you, really. good luck finding your new one.

If there is any of you guys playing the game in a clan. Give me a shout :)

• KremlikKremlik Member UncommonPosts: 716

No offence to many of the Crimson Tide ppl, but the blind MASS inviting really put me off the guild when I was in it - it felt like a 'raiding' guild, which is irronic considering.

Hope they've stopped with it  and become a community more then a massive blob, however my advce would be to look on the FE forums first, as some seem to be very 'bigger is better' and from the looks of guilds like Dragoon the 'WoW handbook of guild running' is still in practise, it's a shame that a few in FE still treat games like WoW 'as the rule' when it comes to guild etiquette, although the community itself is good overall.

Bring on the WARRRRGGHH!