Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

oh great, nexon! (no EU ips allowed)

Comments

• EladiEladi Member UncommonPosts: 1,145

Originally posted by jado818

I'll admit I didn't read the entire thread.. so not sure if this has been mentioned yet

but the EU has some fairly strict (and well done imo) consumer protections on the internet that makes the USA look like the wild west.

I think a lot of companies would rather not market to the relatively small EU mmo community than live up to the standards the EU demands for consumer protections.

Thats a mythbuster fact mate, there as many Europian players as there are US based players, and europe will become a bigger and bigger market as time passes afterall the Europian population is about 2.5/3 times as large as the US (2010 US 310mill ,Europe 850mil (rounded)

• ste2000ste2000 Member EpicPosts: 6,194

Originally posted by AnimePwns

Originally posted by Hellmarauder

Silly OP, don't you know there is a Nexon Euro branch of Nexon Co.??  Right now european players can play combat arms and mabinogi, so it's safe to assume in a year or so they'll be able to play dragon nest as well.

Either way, I don't think this game is coming out this year, so both NA and euro players have to wait.

Do you know how long it took for the EU branch to get Mabinogi?

I don't understand

Does Nexon knows that NA and EU play the same kind of games?

EU do not require any specific localization from the NA version

Are Nexon that retarded?

I am not interested in this game, but I am annoyed that I cannot play Vindictus, again a Nexon game where EU is banned from the NA version.

Just open a Euro server and voila', how difficult can it be?

• AnnwynAnnwyn Member UncommonPosts: 2,854

Originally posted by ste2000

I don't understand

Does Nexon knows that NA and EU play the same kind of games?

EU do not require any specific localization from the NA version

Are Nexon that retarded?

I am not interested in this game, but I am annoyed that I cannot play Vindictus, again a Nexon game where EU is banned from the NA version.

Just open a Euro server and voila', how difficult can it be?

Nexon isn't simply a single company. There are several branch, residing in the various countries it supports. Nexon Korea is well, in Korea, Nexon NA is in Los Angeles, Nexon EU is...I don't know where to be honest. They also only have the licensing rights for their location. Especially in games that are peer to peer, it's very important. 

If european gamers want Nexon EU to bring a game to EU, they have to make them aware of it. The north american market had already a very strong base of Dungeon Fighter and Vindictus and Dragon Nest players long before these games were launched in North America (and until the Koreans/Japanese/Chinese websites updated their requirements and websites security to keep us out), so it was an easy choice for Nexon NA to port these games.  The NA branch is also much closer to the KR branch, while the EU branch appears to be closer to the NA branch (Nexon NA takes care of all the english translations, re-coding areas with the KR Branch, etc). It's a lot of work, but once things gets going, the EU Branch can grab the stable content from NA and port it to EU (as they did with Mabinogi where they Launched with G1-G3 then introduced G4 to G11 in one go).

That said, you should watch the Vindictus EU website around September/October. It was said by Nexon NA during E3 that they'd been working with Nexon EU to bring Vindictus and that there'd be news later this year for a closed beta I believe.

• WicoaWicoa Member UncommonPosts: 1,637

YOU CAN PLAY THIS GAME IN EUROPE IT IS RUN BY CHERRY CREDITS.

imo they are better than crappy nexon. It is in closed beta and I am playing it right now.

http://dn.cherrycredits.com/

Sometimes knitting circles go round and around without realising the wool is over their eyes.

And for the idiot who posted europe isn't popular or worth it can you please tell me the % of subscribers to the elephant world of warcraft there are in europe  and the revenue gained for the last financial report.  I really have a problem with mice who don't look outside their shoebox smudge facts and then comment on others.

• AnirethAnireth Member UncommonPosts: 940

I am waiting for the day where a game is only available in Europe, so i can tell those silly americans "just move there", too.

The problem is that we get shafted often enough even by  European publishers/developers, so it can take a while until this day arrives.

Regarding this case: It doesn't take a year to cut out some content, make some new models or translate a game, especially not when porting vom NA to Europe. There are some different laws and stuff, yes, but if you managed to port it from Asia to North America, you've done 90% of the work, if not more.

I'll wait to the day's end when the moon is high
    And then I'll rise with the tide with a lust for life, I'll
    Amass an army, and we'll harness a horde
    And then we'll limp across the land until we stand at the shore

• bobfishbobfish Member UncommonPosts: 1,679

Originally posted by Wicoa

YOU CAN PLAY THIS GAME IN EUROPE IT IS RUN BY CHERRY CREDITS.

imo they are better than crappy nexon. It is in closed beta and I am playing it right now.

Sometimes knitting circles go round and around without realising the wool is over their eyes.

And for the idiot who posted europe isn't popular or worth it can you please tell me the % of subscribers to the elephant world of warcraft there are in europe  and the revenue gained for the last financial report.  I really have a problem with mice who don't look outside their shoebox smudge facts and then comment on others.

This is how I'm playing it too, I realised after Vindictus that is was pointless to even attempt playing any Nexon America hosted games.

• ElgrumPirateElgrumPirate Member UncommonPosts: 52

Originally posted by Anireth
    I am waiting for the day where a game is only available in Europe, so i can tell those silly americans "just move there", too.
    Examples of mmorpgs available in EU, but not in NA (maybe not best ones around, but still existing):
    http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/game/266/Priston-Tale-II-2nd-Engima.html
    http://feature.mmosite.com/martialempires/

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • WoopinWoopin Member UncommonPosts: 1,012

I refuse to play any Nexon games because of IP blocks being in a Worldwide guild I think it is stupid that Nexon would try to split people up like this.

For that reason alone I will never play or touch a Nexon title.

• WicoaWicoa Member UncommonPosts: 1,637

Originally posted by Woopin

I refuse to play any Nexon games because of IP blocks being in a Worldwide guild I think it is stupid that Nexon would try to split people up like this.

This is not a nexon title it originates from asia, nexon are merely the hosting company for the USA, if you want to go worldwide then go with cherry credits.

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441

While there are ways to mask the IP this game doesn't sounds to me like it is worth the work.

I can see why they don't advertise it outside the US but banning foreign ip adresses seems rather stupid to me. I mean a paying customer is a paying customer and  it is not like Europeans and North Americans are that different, most of you comes from here anyways originally.

Sure, you get slightly worse ping but that really should be my problem, not the devs.

• KabaalKabaal Member UncommonPosts: 3,042

Originally posted by Loke666

While there are ways to mask the IP this game doesn't sounds to me like it is worth the work.

I can see why they don't advertise it outside the US but banning foreign ip adresses seems rather stupid to me. I mean a paying customer is a paying customer and  it is not like Europeans and North Americans are that different, most of you comes from here anyways originally.

Sure, you get slightly worse ping but that really should be my problem, not the devs.

Nexon don't own the game but they do have the license to publish it in NA, they don't have the license to publish it in the EU as another company has that so it would be illegal for them to do so.

People seem to think companies do these things out of spite but they do it because they don't have a choice.

• WoopinWoopin Member UncommonPosts: 1,012

Originally posted by Wicoa

Originally posted by Woopin

This is not a nexon title it originates from asia, nexon are merely the hosting company for the USA, if you want to go worldwide then go with cherry credits.

I was not on about the titles I am on about anything Nexon hosts maybe I should of said that in the post.

I am playing Dragon Nest Global at the moment and it is easy to get into closed beta the one not hosted by Nexon.

I have not seen no NDA either it maybe in closed beta but people are talking open about Dragon Nest in the forums.

---

I emailed them and asked if any CBT keys where still being given away they replyed with the following email at the bottom of my post. Yes it was annoying I had to make a junk Facebook account just posted on the Dragon Nest wall for friends requests checked back in 1 hour had 30+ requests added them all then got a key so was pretty simple.

---

As the slots are limited, you may wish to refer here for the CBT Keys giveaways. Once you have 25 friends who Liked the Facebook Page, please visit http://on.fb.me/jV844h again to redeem your CBT Key.

Please login via: https://exchange.cherrycredits.com and scroll down for 'Events', look for Dragon Nest Close Beta Keys> Activate Now.

• jayartejayarte Member UncommonPosts: 450

The problem is that we get shafted often enough even by  European publishers/developers, so it can take a while until this day arrives.

Regarding this case: It doesn't take a year to cut out some content, make some new models or translate a game, especially not when porting vom NA to Europe. There are some different laws and stuff, yes, but if you managed to port it from Asia to North America, you've done 90% of the work, if not more.

Well said.  I found this situation so very frustrating and not easy to understand. 

• ComanComan Member UncommonPosts: 2,178

Originally posted by jayarte

Well said.  I found this situation so very frustrating and not easy to understand. 

The problem are the developer who sell the right to different publishers. Most likely because only local publisher are willing to take the games and not big companies who can publish world wide. If I am not mistaken Nexus EU and Nexus NA are two different companies. Then again even big companies still hardly have worldwide release dates even with single player games.

Just like in the movie industry and music industry the gaming industry has a hard time adepting to new technoligies. While the gaming industry is miles ahead of the other two industries it still has some flaws in it's system that should not be here anymore with the current technoligy.

• EzhaeEzhae Member UncommonPosts: 735

Actually with Dragon Nest, some other company bought the EU release rights.

• jayartejayarte Member UncommonPosts: 450

Originally posted by Ezhae

Yes, I noticed that.  I'll try downloading from there and see how it goes.  Thanks for the heads up ^.^

• just2duhjust2duh Member Posts: 1,290

Hey i've been on the other side of this fence a few times, getting banned/blocked from EU only games, you guys can be every bit as ignorant as NA'ers.

I still take simpathy in these situations though, there is just no excuse for the EU version releases to take as long as they do..

With that said I feel the company should make special arrangements/exceptions for the blocked country until they get their other versions up and running (and allow character transfers too). Atleast they would avoid that utter displeasure it causes, that essentially hurts their games success when it finally does come out.

• ZierrityZierrity Member UncommonPosts: 242

Originally posted by surstroming

I just want to tell all european fans of this game that you guys won't be able to play this game,

its hosted by nexon and they just LOVE to ban all IPs outside of NA. so its gonna be available to us in about a year or so, and no info of any other company that will allow EU to play this game has been announced. so unless you ppl plan to bypass or move to the US you guys will have to wait another year hoping that some other company will get the rights to host this game.

..... You know you can play the global version right? :P

screw nexon xP

• wyldmagikwyldmagik Member UncommonPosts: 516

Im in uk i have no trouble playing on the usa servers... ;)

• yaminsuxyaminsux Member UncommonPosts: 973

Originally posted by Scambug

I don't mind, it's beta afterall. But they could at least say it somewhere on their site instead of letting us download it and learning the hard way.

Amateurs...

Pretty much this. I dont have problems with IP ban, i could just proxy around it. But they could just plainly say it.

What's worse, they even let you create a nexon account without mentioning anything.

• alakramalakram Member UncommonPosts: 2,301

I just want to tell all european fans of this game that you guys won't be able to play this game,

its hosted by nexon and they just LOVE to ban all IPs outside of NA. so its gonna be available to us in about a year or so, and no info of any other company that will allow EU to play this game has been announced. so unless you ppl plan to bypass or move to the US you guys will have to wait another year hoping that some other company will get the rights to host this game.

nexoneu.com is the nexon site for europeans, tehre you can find what you can play from europe, wich is just 4 old games. Nexon doesnt like europe but if you search in the worng website it looks even worse.

• alakramalakram Member UncommonPosts: 2,301

Originally posted by Ezhae

Im downloading it now, gonna give it a try.

• faxnadufaxnadu Member UncommonPosts: 940

oh yeh ofc translating from english to english takes allot of effort. its rly nothing you can do about

idd i dloaded game and was excited to go and play but nooooooooooooooooooooo.

this compnay is really S@£"!£. might also be a great idea for this site to look into games more when posting here and tell us ifits usa only or oceania or whatever , i know its not eu based site but hey.

cheers

• TorgenTorgen Member UncommonPosts: 158

Originally posted by rob1610

You should know by now that Nexon are useless. Don't get me wrong, they've worked on some great games, it's just their customer service and so forth that sucks. Be glad, though, they're not as bad as Capcom and one of their Japanese MMORPG's; only available in Japan, all IP's outside Japan (except certain Asian countries) are blocked from accessing the game and so far they have no intentions to release the game outside of Japan.

Never heared of a japanese mmorpg from Capcom. Can anyone tell me the name? I would love to know what they are withholding from us.