Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Excited!!

cynoncynon Member UncommonPosts: 42

As someone who was in the beta and an avid fan of this game for years I have to say that I am totally pumped it is back in development.  the game seemed to be lacking some polish but other than that ready for release.  There has been a glut of other games released since this was cancelled that had no business being purchased by people. 

I hope that they are able to pick up where they left off and I hope that there isnt a ton of work left.  I WILL buy a copy thats for sure!

This really is not WoW/EQ where Gear makes the man. Here in eVE, the man with biggest balls, willing to risk the most, will win. It is risk/reward here- not always wear best items 24/7 and beat the crap out of all else.

-PatchDay

Comments

• peteski123peteski123 Member UncommonPosts: 447

Bring it on,

I was so looking forward to this before, so lets hope as Op has said it wont need too much work to complete

• cynoncynon Member UncommonPosts: 42

the game felt finished enough that i did some testing and then stopped because i figured it would have been released soon and didnt want to go through a bunch of content.  that does mean that i didnt get a whole lot into the later content though but everything looked great.

This really is not WoW/EQ where Gear makes the man. Here in eVE, the man with biggest balls, willing to risk the most, will win. It is risk/reward here- not always wear best items 24/7 and beat the crap out of all else.

-PatchDay

• tinlartinlar Member Posts: 15

There were still several issues to be worked out but nothing game breaking.  I don't want them to rush to launch, but by all means rush to beta and gimmie a key  :-).

• bigdaddysfebigdaddysfe Member Posts: 89

Yeah this is one of the very few games I would put my money down to support without seeing a ton of info on. Tested it for a few weeks and it wasn't playing horrible. It could def use a nice brush up and Heatwave already took a huge step in the right direction by trying their best to get as many original members from the team as a they could. To see some of their stories of anguish when everything was going down in 2007 really showed me how much they cared about this game.

The Onus is now on Heatwave to keep it simple and not try to go too crazy just yet. I really hope they keep it at a box + monthly. We don't need F2P, Freemium or any other split-price bullshit. Get the game out, have a structure people are used to and comfortable with and go from there on expending revenue options. We know they got the game for a good deal, no need to try to squeeze water out of a rock to get your money back as fast as possible. The euphoria or the resurrection will wear off real quick if they start giving people unwelcome surprises. From the decisions so far I have seen though, they seem to be committed to at least more than throwing it out there for a cash grab.

Got my 50+ dollars ready for them when they feel the game is in good enough shape to ship.

• tinlartinlar Member Posts: 15

Yup, I too would open my check book today for this game and I can't express enough that it should be the flat monthly fee that all of the great MMO's have used.  F2P is a turn off for a big part of my guild.

• bigdaddysfebigdaddysfe Member Posts: 89

Yeah I mean after a year they can start implementing other things. I wouldn't mind paying for an expansion pack or even a item pack that City of Heroes has. Keep it at 2-3 a year max and people have shown they will be willing to pay. You can get extra revenue here and there without beating people over the head with a cash shop. I think players are incredibly excited to just get their hands back on this game after so long that as long as the game has had some effort put into on updating and bug fixing and the pricing model isn't too out there, it should enjoy 50-75k early sales as a safe estimate. That is a good base to have and then the game can grow through word of mouth and positive press. 

After so many MMO disappointments and poor ethical decisions made by companies recently, it will be so nice if this game comes out smoothly and people who had given up all hope to ever play this game are able to enjoy themselves like they did in 2007.

• ErikmichealErikmicheal Member Posts: 80

I lovede this game in beta. having the human pets travel with you on missions was a great touch. I was very pissed they dropped it. Cant wait for it to get going again!

• VandarixVandarix Member UncommonPosts: 177

I wish they would get the damn website up and the forums! G&H BETA was one of my fav betas.

• neorandomneorandom Member Posts: 1,681

i for one was pissed when the original developers chickened out and cancled this game mid beta over fears it wouldnt get any subs due to wows shabby expansion, burns when i crusade.

fact of the matter was this game appealed to a different crowd and probably still does.  its set in some dam good old fashioned real mythology that we all grew up with thanks to disneys remakes that were a tad more family friendly and a ton of good old movies ranging from black and white to color remakes to new stuff on the sci fi channel.

heres hoping the game comes out this time and has some good gladiator style gorey decapitations!

• CernanCernan Member UncommonPosts: 360

I'm trying to keep my eye on this one.  I had a couple characters in the beta.  I thought the game played smooth then, and I got really great graphic performance on my old card at that time.  Some DX10 shading and this game would be insane.  The only real thing I remember that needed some work was the minion control UI.  Accessing their abilities was a little cumbersome.  Other than that I can't remember this game needing much work.  It was very playable in the beta.  Several of the betas I've tested in the past couple years seem more like alpha builds.

Heatwave please keep us informed.  You have a great game in your hands with most the work done for you.

• ProsonProson Member UncommonPosts: 544

lol had totally forgot that this game was back in development, it looks really fun, and i love the setting. So tired of the standard fantasy settings. Mythology ftw.

Gotta keep an eye on this..

Currently Playing Path of Exile

• KhorsKhors Member Posts: 147

I was disappointed when it was canned.  I really looked forward to the development, and now more-so.  Would be nice to see some kind of resurrection piece from a mmorpg.com writer.