Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

Warhammer Online: Age of Reckoning: In Dev: The Future of WAR's Economy

MikeBMikeB MMORPG.com Community ManagerQueens, NYPosts: 5,720Administrator Uncommon

Mythic Entertainment is interested in taking some significant steps in order to sort out Warhammer Online's economy issues, and they are looking for player feedback on how to do just that in this latest In Development post made on the official WAR forums.

The main issue of WAR's economy appears to be an imbalance of basic supply and demand: players simply don't have much to do with their gold.

To be more specific, the development team is seeking thoughts from the community on how to improve the viability and value of the game's item rewards:

So how do we look at ways to change our current economy to balance both supply and demand? To accomplish this we need to look at solutions that will tweak the way items are rewarded. Not just how useful they are to the individual, but also as potential trade goods in the economy. We have a good idea on how to do this, but we want to throw the issue out there and get some feedback proactively, before we settle on a design.

What we’d like are some thoughts on how to change our world drops, PQ loot, and the like to make them more viable and valuable to the economy which will hopefully balance supply and demand. Examples would be: making items BOE versus BOP, making items useful to multiple classes, etc.

Read In Development: The Future of WAR's Economy.

[Thanks Christopher8 for the tip!]

Michael "MikeB" Bitton
Community Manager
Twitter: @eMikeB

Comments

• cosycosy ColentinaPosts: 3,304Member

simple steps to do in order to fix that

1. all items have to be tradeable

2. introduce item sink so items get damaged and after some repairs destroyed similar how daoc handle the thing before TOA release

3. make ppl that die on rvr to cost them gold

BestSigEver :P

• storm-dragonstorm-dragon Milbridge, MEPosts: 157Member

God WAR just keep pouring on the coal to make the fail train run ever faster. This weeks producer basically said that they were gutting the last vestiges of the PVE game to ensure the counter strike with sword  reputation would become even stronger, that wouldn't be a problem but the PVP game still sucks harder than the PVE gane ever did. Oh well throw the finger to the folks who would have stayed, in hopes to keep the folks that would rather play AoC or Darkfall.

GG Mythic.

This sword here at my side dont act the way it should
    Keeps calling me its master, but I feel like its slave
    Hauling me faster and faster to an early, early grave
    And it howls! it howls like hell!