Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Which current MMORPG has the best graphics?

Comments

• tharkthark Member UncommonPosts: 1,188

I can see that many that respond to this thread is basing the answer of "artstyle"..

The question was what MMO has the "best graphics"

Aion and LotrO has nice art and does a good job with the tech given to them..but best ?

AoC has TECH vise most advanced graphic(best) for a MMORPG..

Unless ofcourse the authour ment best "art" with his question ?

• KyngBillsKyngBills Member UncommonPosts: 452

I've played a few...The top 3 for me would be...

1) AoC

2) LOTRO

3) Vanguard

I think graphically all 3 of those Game are stunning...

• RajenRajen Member Posts: 689

Graphics by games that are currently out on the market would be...

Aion and AoC, I don't play either of them but the graphics are nice. The games coming out within the next year top these though.

• goldenkeygoldenkey Member UncommonPosts: 98

I would agree while AOC has the best graphics as far as the graphics engine goes I would say in the art department LOTRO wins hands down. Never played Aion or Vanguard so i can't tell about those games.

• DecemvirusDecemvirus Member Posts: 52

AoC for sure right now has the best current graphics on any MMO, but I myself find the art on it very ugly, also I find that the animations are far from being cool... Anyway not my style... I'd give a shot for Lord of the Rings Online, for the art work on it, and the fantasy world as its built is just motivating and passionate. But again, I'm way more of an medieval hero fantasy set than a blood gore barbarian destruction.... Thats pretty much your choice...

"You know, this place makes me wonder. Which would be worse, to live as a monster or to die as a good man?"

• DillingerEPDillingerEP Member UncommonPosts: 366

Character Models- Aion 

Environment- Vanguard/Lotro 

Overall- AoC, i find the game to be jack of all trades in the graphic department. Environment wise, i like it lot better then Aion's. Character model wise, i find them to be better then VG/Lotro's.

• dirtyjoe78dirtyjoe78 Member Posts: 400

Sticking strictly to graphics and not to gameplay issues or anything else i would have to say Aion.

• syndreamersyndreamer Member UncommonPosts: 43

AoC, Eve Online, and AION being the best graphic intensive games.

• ValentinaValentina Member RarePosts: 2,081

AoC

• Xondar123Xondar123 Member CommonPosts: 2,543

Why does this debate even exist? It's obviously Age of Conan.

• AerologosAerologos Member Posts: 9

Another one for AOC.

• AshindaiAshindai Member Posts: 56

All-around:  Age of Conan, for sure.

When it comes to character avatars though, I think Aion beats AoC out.

For environment, I think EVE best captures it's chosen setting.

• birkenbirken Member Posts: 122

Vanguard has the best graphics then i would say AoC.

• CultOfXtcCultOfXtc Member Posts: 378

Originally posted by birken

Vanguard has the best graphics then i would say AoC.

Maybe if you're playing on a pile-o-computer...

AoC has by far the best gfx if you can afford a good rig to run it.

THE SECRET WORLD - PAY ONCE PLAY FOREVER - Give it a go!

http://www.thesecretworld.com/buy/

OR PM ME FOR A BUDDY KEY (need your email address).

• Skooma2Skooma2 Member UncommonPosts: 697

Hands down, it has to be Zork.

Hedonismbot: Your latest performance was as delectable as dipping my bottom over and over into a bath of the silkiest oils and creams.

• Calintz333Calintz333 Member UncommonPosts: 1,193

It's gotta be a toss up between Age of Conan and Aion. LoTRO has awesome Environment graphics, but like other's said before, their actual character / npc graphics leave a lot to be desired. 

• MurashuMurashu Member UncommonPosts: 1,386

IMO nothing even comes close to AoC in the graphics department but you pay for it with a laggier experience. Aion doesnt look as nice as AoC, but they do look good while running smooth on older systems.

• KryptyKrypty Member UncommonPosts: 454

Anyone arguing against DX10 AoC clearly never played it. Its crushes everything.

• PsythosPsythos Member UncommonPosts: 124

Aoc

• NovusodNovusod Member UncommonPosts: 912

I think Sword of the New World has the best graphics and music.

• Vagrant_ZeroVagrant_Zero Member Posts: 1,190

Originally posted by gameguy369
    Anyone arguing against DX10 AoC clearly never played it. Its crushes everything.

Or they played it with a micky mouse computer.

• QuicksandQuicksand Member UncommonPosts: 683

Originally posted by EATtheDEAD

Age of Conan has the best graphics by far.

LoTRo has good environmental graphics but the character graphics are hideous

Aion is good, but to anime for my tastes

This reply is correct. However, I personally like the style Aion uses, but his reply is indeed correct. If your looking for just the best graphics, it is AoC by a landslide.

www.90and9.net
    www.prophecymma.com

• EdliEdli Member Posts: 941

I don't get what's anime about Aion? Look at these faces and try to convince me it does look more anime then real.

Maybe it lacks in gameplay but Aion obviously wins when it comes to amount of design, character details and animations. Or maybe you call it anime because it has beautiful design and not that crappy design style western mmo always make?

• patrikd23patrikd23 Member UncommonPosts: 1,155

Aion, Sword of the New world, Age of Conan.  That is what I can think of now atleast. Entropia Universe is also quite nice.

• patrikd23patrikd23 Member UncommonPosts: 1,155

They say Anime look since they think that is what its called because Koreans made the game. Yet there is nothing anime about and they have no idea what they are talking about.