Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

fishing??!

Please tell me there is fishing in this game.  The fishing in FFXI was THE SHIT.  Ever since I stopped playing that game, ive been jonsin' to reinstall JUST to fish.

Comments

• trepotrepo Member Posts: 119

Haha,

• SevensoddSevensodd Member Posts: 322

lol is that a yes or no?

• FeradFerad Member UncommonPosts: 10

Judging by the scenarios they gave for the armoury system I would say so. It is under the armoury section of the main website, tells you about a day in the life of Leeroy and they use fishing as one of the professions

awesome

• AlbytapsAlbytaps Member Posts: 208

Fishing was the shit, and hopfully will be the shit again in XIV. 

I just hope they take care of the botters this time.

Originally posted by Albytaps

hah no shit.  i remember going up to that huge cliff and seeing all of the asian botters...literally a hundred of them.

• birdycephonbirdycephon Member UncommonPosts: 1,314
    Originally posted by Sevensodd

hah no shit.  i remember going up to that huge cliff and seeing all of the asian botters...literally a hundred of them.

You mean the one over by Windurst? I've only seen maybe 4 or 5 of them there back when I last logged on 8 or 9 months ago.

Originally posted by birdycephon

Originally posted by Sevensodd

You mean the one over by Windurst? I've only seen maybe 4 or 5 of them there back when I last logged on 8 or 9 months ago.

I think so?  I cant remember lol it was at least 6 years ago

• AlbytapsAlbytaps Member Posts: 208

When I played there was a lake surrounded by botters fishing for Moat Carp.  It was a lake in the desert, if I remember correctly it was called something like Rabao?

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332

I hope they do fishing a little better or heck a lot better than in FFXi,i would like to be actually fun to do,involve more mechanics.I hope they learned from FFXI to not allow it to be an easy target for RMT botters,that would ruin the game from day 1.Impossible for legit players to compete in a market that has 100 botters feeding 100's of stacks of fish to the AH.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

Originally posted by Wizardry

I hope they do fishing a little better or heck a lot better than in FFXi,i would like to be actually fun to do,involve more mechanics.I hope they learned from FFXI to not allow it to be an easy target for RMT botters,that would ruin the game from day 1.Impossible for legit players to compete in a market that has 100 botters feeding 100's of stacks of fish to the AH.

yah, botting does tend to fuck games up.  I just hope they have the same basics of FFXI fishing.  Certain baits for certain fish.  Certain lakes for certain fish.  That was sweet.