Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

want to start GW

tryionn66tryionn66 Member Posts: 11

I would like to start playing GW, i played a little bit a couple years ago but i never really got into it.  What would be a good class so start out with?

Comments

• XerithXerith Member Posts: 970

Whatever you like really. With heroes and henchmen you will most likely never die out of hard mode, and with them as well you can set them up to support whatever class you chose to play. Pick what you like and have fun.

• CitiusCitius Member Posts: 69

Depends which game you are starting with...

Mesmar and Rangers are both my two favorites in Prophecies 

Assassin is decent in factions 

Paragon in Nightfall is awesome IMO

Nightfall is my recommendation to start 

However, as the above poster said with heroes and henchman you will be fine with any class

Played: World of Warcraft (5Y), WarHammer (3M), Anarchy Online, Runescape (5+Y), Lord of the Rings Online, Runes of Magic, City of Heroes/Villains, Dungeons and Dragons Online, Fallen Earth (1M)

Currently Playing: Guild Wars
    Currently Trying: None
    Taking a Break From: EVE Online

• tryionn66tryionn66 Member Posts: 11

i suppose i should elaborate a little more.  I have a few questions.

1.  Is the game still friendly toward new players?

2. what are some 'needed' classes that a new player might easily get the hang of, with a good sub class option.

3.i have the trial version atm.  What is the best option for buying the game.  I saw the trilogy is that a good choice?

Thank you for your help

• CeberationCeberation Member Posts: 21
    Originally posted by tryionn66

i suppose i should elaborate a little more.  I have a few questions.
    1.  Is the game still friendly toward new players?
    2. what are some 'needed' classes that a new player might easily get the hang of, with a good sub class option.
    3.i have the trial version atm.  What is the best option for buying the game.  I saw the trilogy is that a good choice?

Thank you for your help

1.) yes very. i recommend nightfall so you have heros from the get go.

2.) there are no real needed classes, play whats fun.

3.) trilogy is a good choice especially if you can get eye of the north with it.