Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Allods is the NGE of F2P?

tehikktehikk Member Posts: 497

What do you think?

Is it just as bad as the NGE, worse, or not even close to as bad as the NGE?

If you ask me, Allods is on the same level as the NGE.

"The question that sometimes drives me hazy: Am I, or the others crazy?" - Albert Einstein

Comments

• momodigmomodig Member UncommonPosts: 555

This has to be the most silly post I've read in some time.  NGE, how are you comparing the two.  And I'm even more curious why?

LOL

• tehikktehikk Member Posts: 497

Originally posted by momodig

This has to be the most silly post I've read in some time.  NGE, how are you comparing the two.  And I'm even more curious why?

LOL

Both games had something put into them that caused a mass exodus, I'd say they're similar.

"The question that sometimes drives me hazy: Am I, or the others crazy?" - Albert Einstein

• linrenlinren Member Posts: 578

It really can't be considered on the same magnitude as NGE.  I mean at least cashshop prices can be fixed with minimal damage, but NGE was on such a scale that even fixing it would be too little too late.

Of course if they still keep that prices, the magnitude of their stupidity would be NGE worthy.

• mrcalhoumrcalhou Member UncommonPosts: 1,444

Not by a long-shot.

--------
    "Chemistry: 'We do stuff in lab that would be a felony in your garage.'"

The most awesomest after school special T-shirt:
    Front: UNO Chemistry Club
    Back: /\OH --> Bad Decisions

• KordeshKordesh Member Posts: 1,715

Originally posted by linren

It really can't be considered on the same magnitude as NGE.  I mean at least cashshop prices can be fixed with minimal damage, but NGE was on such a scale that even fixing it would be too little too late.

Of course if they still keep that prices, the magnitude of their stupidity would be NGE worthy.

Except the problem is much larger than the cash shop. Look up the RU patches. The CS was bad and just continued to show how terrible Gpotato is, but the RU patch that's coming was the thing that really set off the shitstorm as it makes huge sweeping changes, removing entire sets of spells, nerfing speed buffs, increasing mob damage and increasing exp required to level across the board, etc. Turns the game upside down in favor of the cash shop. It's not quite as drastic as changing the whole class system, but it's nearly as devastating. It was enough to make the RU servers go from near max capacity to a ghost town overnight. 

Bans a perma, but so are sigs in necro posts.

EAT ME MMORPG.com!

• vmopedvmoped Member Posts: 1,708
    Originally posted by Kordesh

Except the problem is much larger than the cash shop. Look up the RU patches. The CS was bad and just continued to show how terrible Gpotato is, but the RU patch that's coming was the thing that really set off the shitstorm as it makes huge sweeping changes, removing entire sets of spells, nerfing speed buffs, increasing mob damage and increasing exp required to level across the board, etc. Turns the game upside down in favor of the cash shop. It's not quite as drastic as changing the whole class system, but it's nearly as devastating. It was enough to make the RU servers go from near max capacity to a ghost town overnight. 

To add to Kordesh's post: The RU players have invaded the NA servers in order to enjoy the game until we get hit by the upcoming patch as well. Talk on the forums indicates EU players are starting to migrate due the inevitable as well since they have recieved the patches a bit sooner than NA. Morale seems mixed in game. A good bit of us continue to play and enjoy the game awaiting the day the game is no longer fun and we will simply move on. It is quite apparent though that many have already left. I compared Gpotato's actions to the NGE but in a different regard. I asked Gpotato to not let this be considered as, or nearly as, big a blunder as the NGE.

Cheers!

MMO Vet since AOL Neverwinter Nights circa 1992. My MMO beat up your MMO. =S

• GTwanderGTwander Member UncommonPosts: 6,035

I consider it a horrible comparison, but if the prices of the CS really *change the game* that much, then maybe... but be honest. How many people playing Allod's *expected* to never spend a dime - ever? It doesn't change the outcome for them whatsoever when the choices of what goes on CS was already made. The price doesn't dictate anything to them since they were never going to buy in the first place.

Writer / Musician / Game Designer

Now Playing: Skyrim, Wurm Online, Tropico 4
    Waiting On: GW2, TSW, Archeage, The Rapture

• EricDanieEricDanie Member UncommonPosts: 2,238

If they keep the direction with their current prices and implement the stronger Fear of Death (suffering from it even when someone resurrects you and increasing time to 2 hours), then yes, it is comparable, in the sense of a mass exodus and uproar design decision.

• thinktank001thinktank001 Member UncommonPosts: 2,144
    Originally posted by tehikk

What do you think?
    Is it just as bad as the NGE, worse, or not even close to as bad as the NGE?
    If you ask me, Allods is on the same level as the NGE.

Nope.   I and a few others told the community many times that the cash shop would be expensive and the items would be required. 

It is their own fault that they would not listen.

www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/269997/page/1

• OtachOtach Member UncommonPosts: 74

while I agree that Allods cash shop.. dissapointments.. are .. dissapointing, thats about all they are. The NGE was an atrocity of gaming. 

• mackdawg19mackdawg19 Member UncommonPosts: 842

GPotato is not the ones making the changes. They are just excepting them. Astrum and Mail.RU are the ones in control of what's going on. You have any beef, take it up with them. The original developers have given up with this game and are working on something else. It's sad that things are going this way, but its the nature of business, which a lot of people tend to forget when talking about games we like to play for fun. While we sit here wanting an enjoyable experience, investors are only thinking with their pockets. Put yourself into a business and you can see the whole picture. Money is > then your fun enjoyable experience.

• SwoogieSwoogie Member UncommonPosts: 399
    Originally posted by tehikk

Originally posted by momodig

LOL

Both games had something put into them that caused a mass exodus, I'd say they're similar.

Mass exodus???? Sure they upset a lot of people who wont play the game but it hasnt even launched! They can still change tons of $*%@ before it launches.

If this game was live for 1-2years and then these changes came. I would 100% agree with you that it was a NGE equivalent for Allods.

• linrenlinren Member Posts: 578

Actually my post included the RU patches in consideration.  However, I simply do not consider the changes and nerfs enough to be on the NGE level.  What really did put it over the top was the pricing along with the changes, however calling it upside down is not quite correct.

The core mechanics of the game still did not change in general except some players will hate having to spend more time on the game now and also being nerfed usually sucks.  If all else fail, players always have the option to stop playing as always, that is about the only real weapon players have when they find a game is treating players unfairly.

NGE on the other hand, the changes were on such massive scale in the game mechanics that the Allod fiasco just don't quite measure up, at least as it stands right now.  Allod's issue are still boarderline fixable, but if it get any worse and the price persists, I think the 2nd coming of NGE is at hand.

• biplexbiplex Member Posts: 268

When the game is playable to everybody who wants and cash shop is working, and there wont be charcter wipes the game IS RELEASED. All the other things they say to you is markting mumbo-jumbo.

http://www.teraonline.info.pl Polski Poradnik Gry Tera Online

• KnaveSkyeKnaveSkye Member UncommonPosts: 137

Yah, this isnt a game thats been out with a established following and a recent expansion and a sub fee that sudenly changed.. I dont think the 2 are comparable at all.