Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

A short NeoSteam Review

IsseyIssey Member Posts: 12

After 7 days of pure fun and excitement, NeoSteam has finished its CBT. I suddenly felt a rush to write a review on it, and ill try to make it as unbiased as I can (It will gonna be difficult XD).

Ok, so there are a lot of characters to choose from, 6 in total. What I don’t get is why did they place a gender chooser when all you can change is the race POM? I checked the other versions and it’s still the same. For example, I want a female Human or a male Elf. If you want to play human, you’ll be a male and if you like to play an elf, you’ll be a girl :P. Maybe they’ll change it too, but right now, all I can say is that customization of characters is not that good. One good thing about their character customization is that you can choose hair color and eyes so you won’t exactly look the same as everyone. Oh I almost forgot, if they’ll gonna add new genders, I’ll prolly try the beast race. They’re really REALLY cute!

Graphics: [8/10]

Since I’m a huge steampunk lover, all I can say is that the graphics of NeoSteam is above average. Considering that the graphics is already old and the game is F2P, this is still an eye catcher! Look at those steam! :P It’s not the best but it works for me! Where would you find a game with lower requirements but still offers cool graphics? There’s not to many F2P games that fall into this category

Gameplay: [9/10]

NeoSteam is a typical point and click game. Point. Attack. That’s basically it. But Neosteam also has an attack button (` or a) and auto search target button (tab). So if you’re tired of pointing and clicking, you can just press those buttons XD. The game mostly revolves around skills, meaning, you don’t get to add stats to your character. The one you’ll gonna do is to think really hard to get the best skill build. This kind of game lets you strategize what kind of character you are building. You want a pure defense character? Then choose skills for boosting def. You want a healer instead of a mage? Then get skills that will be useful for support. You want a little of everything? Spread your stats. It’s really one unique way of customizing your characters. Basically, the gameplay is quite generic, but it’s enjoyable at the same time.