Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

A couple questions

Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,768

I know this isn't really the right forum to post this on, but maybe someone who plays can answer. I have been doing all of the starting quests in the first area, and my first question is, do the space missions ever end here? I kind of wanted to go through everything in this area, but they seem to be sending me on the same go dock to this guy 3 guys attack mission over and over. I think its been like 20 quests now.

Also I have this new problem of not being able to control my ship with my mouse anymore, I might have pressed something but it stopped moving when I moved my mouse, like my character will just look around the cabin of the ship, wondering if anyone knows how to fix this.

Comments

• nubadaknubadak Member Posts: 150

Hi and welcome,

I have recently returned as well. I don't know how to answer the first question, but as to the second you might have hit your "left ALT" button. It swiches between two modes of controll.

Nub's

• Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,768

No I understand the whole alt thing, but I'm talking about something else sort of. I can maneuver in the first person style camera in my ship like I could before, but it used to drag the ships reticle around with it now it just looks around in the cabin in the first person view and my ship can only go in one direction since I can't move it with the mouse anymore.

• BadgerSmakerBadgerSmaker Member Posts: 629
    Originally posted by Panther2103

I know this isn't really the right forum to post this on, but maybe someone who plays can answer. I have been doing all of the starting quests in the first area, and my first question is, do the space missions ever end here? I kind of wanted to go through everything in this area, but they seem to be sending me on the same go dock to this guy 3 guys attack mission over and over. I think its been like 20 quests now.
    Also I have this new problem of not being able to control my ship with my mouse anymore, I might have pressed something but it stopped moving when I moved my mouse, like my character will just look around the cabin of the ship, wondering if anyone knows how to fix this.

The space missions in the starter area progress through different trainers until you complete them all and are awarded with a badge.

Here's a handy guide on the missions.

I'm not sure what the problem might be with your flight controls.  I'd suggest perhaps posting here as they may be more familiar with your predicament.

• TUX426TUX426 Member Posts: 1,907

I think it's DEL on numpad you need to press to escape that view, but I'm far from certain. Try the numpad DEL and INS though.

As for your mission:

1) You may be leaving/landing before it "completes", something that I did all the time in space. Quite often your mission is a multi-part mission, not just the initial quest. Leaving space before you complete all parts results in failure. DOUBLE check your journal.

or

2) You're simply doing duty type missions, not actual trainer missions. You need to visit specific NPCs to actually progress in space. If you don't go to the correct one, you're really just grinding loot. Check the PILOT forums on the O-boards.

• thamighty213thamighty213 Member UncommonPosts: 1,637

If it isn't DEL

have you plugged a controller in at all.

SWG will always make the controller your preferred method of space control i used to have this regulary when bouncing between a game I need a controller for and SWG.

• Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,768

Oh man, thank you, the controller must be it. I just recently played FFXI again, and I had a controller plugged in for that haha

Thanks for all the replys about the space missions too everyone, I will attempt to finish everything these people send at me, since I like collecting badges and stuff like that haha