Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Xsyon = editable terrain like Wurm Online with twitch based PVP

Comments

• ruvokaruvoka Member UncommonPosts: 42

If you poke around the forums there, there is a thread where a dev states that only features that are at least 80% complete are listed.  He goes on to say that they are working on more features but they aren't progressed enough to list them as he is aware of the trust issue with feature claims and their delivery.

• TomTrixxTomTrixx Member UncommonPosts: 94
    Originally posted by bartillo

it also says in the dev bios that one of the guys worked on Roma Victor

I wouldn't count that as a plus if I had that on my resumé

• CursedseiCursedsei Member Posts: 1,012

Well, the feature list I saw definitely had me drooling for all the right reasons. But I'm on board with the skeptic-train to Doubtsville here.

I'd give my right arm to find out if the game was real or not, and if it is, I'd bargain with another body part. If it wasn't, I'd take my damn arm back and smack them around with it.

• bartillobartillo Member UncommonPosts: 190

http://www.massively.com/2010/02/25/new-post-apocalyptic-mmo-xsyon-to-release-april-15/

massively posted  a article about the game.

• davmac22davmac22 Member Posts: 283
    Originally posted by bartillo

http://www.massively.com/2010/02/25/new-post-apocalyptic-mmo-xsyon-to-release-april-15/

massively posted  a article about the game.

Already made a reply with that Bartillo.  Wish the mods would update the OP with a CLICKABLE link though.

imageimageimage

• InterestingInteresting Member UncommonPosts: 972

Heard of it before.

Didnt thought it would get out of paper.

• uquipuuquipu Member Posts: 1,516

Seems they would've picked a more mainstream game to lure people in.

This game has a pretty small niche.

Well shave my back and call me an elf! -- Oghren

• alucard3000alucard3000 Member Posts: 414

if something sounds too good to be true it usually is

player made terrain areas sounds like open door for alot of bugs + the game is releasing in a month and a half and havnt seen any gameplay videos??

site says pre order for 40 dollars and get 2 months free so thats like paying 25 dollars I guess but that sounds more like paying to play beta to me lol

Originally posted by uquipu

I would think bigger niche than Darkfall or Mortal Online combined.

imageimageimage

• HarabeckHarabeck Member Posts: 616
    Originally posted by davmac22

Originally posted by uquipu

I would think bigger niche than Darkfall or Mortal Online combined.

That's not saying much. And I really don't think it would be that much bigger than either on their own.

• DaftDaft Member UncommonPosts: 170
    Originally posted by alucard3000

player made terrain areas sounds like open door for alot of bugs + the game is releasing in a month and a half and havnt seen any gameplay videos??
    site says pre order for 40 dollars and get 2 months free so thats like paying 25 dollars I guess but that sounds more like paying to play beta to me lol

A post from Xyson Forum admin.

After reading this i feel better about it but, i still wouldn't pre order it yet. They really do need to show more. I guess the video will be out in a week or 2, i read.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello!

To answer your points:

About advertisement, we've sent all of our information to many online sites, but only a few have listed us so far. Mmorpg.com has told us that they would be creating a spot for us and have had our logos and screenshots since mid January.

If there are any sites you think we should be listed on, please post them here in this thread and feel free to message the administrators of these sites to list us. A bit of a push would help.

About the beta: We do have a beta, it's just not a publicly open beta for the reasons I gave in the other thread.

About the forums: We just launched them yesterday. Give a bit of time to fill up!

About hype: We didn't want to hype the game until it was actually ready. I didn't want to announce any features in development. I've been in the game business long enough to expect 'unexpected' delays. We've had a few of those.

So rather than hype the game and have too many people anxiously waiting, I decided to announce the game as a surprise. We'll be doing the same with many game features that are planned. It's a different approach and we'll see how it goes.

We are looking for a small but tight initial community for the Prelude. Once we've laid the foundations of the world we plan to advertise a lot more.

For those that want to wait and see, that's alright. In a few weeks we'll be resetting the world and launching it from the main server for more beta and pre-order players to explore. I'm sure those players will be posting here to tell you more about the game experience.

They are getting the paypal option in a week or 2, so anyone saying SCAM can just wait for that, you won't get your money stolen when using paypal as they are more strict on money issues than credit card companies.

imageimageimage

• SkuzSkuz Member UncommonPosts: 1,018

I'm extremely sceptical about this game & it's "wishlist" of features, can't say I believe anything close to 1/10th of it will make it into the game in any kind of working, effecient & impactful condition, at least not in under 10 years without a billion dollar budget.

Next they'll be posting videos of the devs walking on water.

• kaiser3282kaiser3282 Member UncommonPosts: 2,759

keeps sounding better and better. ever since i came across this game and sa wthe features they have planned (and also now seeing that those are just the nearly or already completed ones, not to mention any ideas for future features theyre still developing) i was excited as hell. im seriously considering doing the preorder, and likely my brother as well after ive told him about the features. if not, ill definitely check it out after the launch maybe after theres a chance for them to work out any major bugs/issues, but its very tempting to be able to get in on the prelude and have a chance to be one of the first to start influencing and impacting the development of such a world.

The graphics dont seem too bad, not the greatest but pretty decent, but if everything goes as theyre saying, this is definitely the type of game that can prove gameplay > graphics.

Originally posted by Skuz

I'm extremely sceptical about this game & it's "wishlist" of features, can't say I believe anything close to 1/10th of it will make it into the game in any kind of working, effecient & impactful condition, at least not in under 10 years without a billion dollar budget.

Did you read earlier responses?  All of the features on the features page are 80% completed and will be in the game at launch except for the Evolution thing that will come later in the prelude.

imageimageimage

• alucard3000alucard3000 Member Posts: 414
    Originally posted by Daft

Originally posted by alucard3000

A post from Xyson Forum admin.

After reading this i feel better about it but, i still wouldn't pre order it yet. They really do need to show more. I guess the video will be out in a week or 2, i read.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello!

To answer your points:

About advertisement, we've sent all of our information to many online sites, but only a few have listed us so far. Mmorpg.com has told us that they would be creating a spot for us and have had our logos and screenshots since mid January.

If there are any sites you think we should be listed on, please post them here in this thread and feel free to message the administrators of these sites to list us. A bit of a push would help.

About the beta: We do have a beta, it's just not a publicly open beta for the reasons I gave in the other thread.

About the forums: We just launched them yesterday. Give a bit of time to fill up!

About hype: We didn't want to hype the game until it was actually ready. I didn't want to announce any features in development. I've been in the game business long enough to expect 'unexpected' delays. We've had a few of those.

So rather than hype the game and have too many people anxiously waiting, I decided to announce the game as a surprise. We'll be doing the same with many game features that are planned. It's a different approach and we'll see how it goes.

We are looking for a small but tight initial community for the Prelude. Once we've laid the foundations of the world we plan to advertise a lot more.

For those that want to wait and see, that's alright. In a few weeks we'll be resetting the world and launching it from the main server for more beta and pre-order players to explore. I'm sure those players will be posting here to tell you more about the game experience.

even tho that is good info and more and the get 2 months free with the 40 dollar pre order sounds awesome just no gameplay videos on their website for releasing in a month and a half so this is going to have to be a real secret success but the whole idea of player created terrains/environments(seem to be hard to do without any bugs) with the info we have now and the soon release date i am skeptical  2 months tho for 40 sounds really good hopefully they get some stuff out and people in beta get some reviews out before launch and they dont rescind that offer 

• LoktofeitLoktofeit Member RarePosts: 14,247
    Did you read earlier responses?  All of the features on the features page are 80% completed and will be in the game at launch except for the Evolution thing that will come later in the prelude.

You guys keep repeating that. While it sits well with you, and you will take their word on that, many of us have seen a decade of releases from developers big and small. Until we see the gameplay in action or something other than "the dev promised they will," it will just remain something that doesn't carry much weight. 

Allods said they wouldn't have any gameplay affecting cash shop items. 

Blizzard said Honor and Dishonor points would be in at release. 

Mythic said they'd have a few more features/races in WAR at release than actually went in.  

Age of Conan was supposed to release with DirectX 10 support.

Or... for squeaks and giggles, we can always rewind to Glitchless, Red Dragon Software or even Fasaria World.

So when AAA titles are completely capable of not delivering major features (for one reason or another), it's reasonable to doubt an unknown, especially when the feature list reads like a too-good-to-be-true wish list.

There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre

• SkuzSkuz Member UncommonPosts: 1,018

Yeah I did, & I'm calling bullshit.

• sn0wblind00sn0wblind00 Member UncommonPosts: 388

After the incredibly feature-incomplete releases of Darkfall and Mortal Online, I'm surprised you are so optimistic in another indie game with zero proof of actual gameplay.  This puts it a step *behind* the above two.  I wonder...who will mention if this game is good or bad if no one buys it

• uquipuuquipu Member Posts: 1,516

Word of mouth is what got WoW 11,000,000 subs.

An MMO doesn't have to advertise at all.  If it's fun, people will find it.

But I guess they want people to pre-order so they can raise some cash.  I hope they don't need the money to polish the game.

I don't pre-order any more.  I was disappointed with Warhammer and Conan.  I wait for free trials.

EDIT: let's hope for the best.

Well shave my back and call me an elf! -- Oghren

• nutsoddsnutsodds Member Posts: 89

It's so easy to bashing a game whithout knowing nothing about it and their developers.I think because of this  the team has delayed the information,to avoid all that shit from those people.There are people who enjoy bashing,probably then they feel better themselves.I understand sceptic ones,it's normal but we will see....

• nutsoddsnutsodds Member Posts: 89

There is a mistake in that info,all the features in the list are 100%,new ones will be announced when they are already 80% finished.

• HarabeckHarabeck Member Posts: 616
    Originally posted by nutsodds

It's so easy to bashing a game whithout knowing nothing about it and their developers.I think because of this  the team has delayed the information,to avoid all that shit from those people.There are people who enjoy bashing,probably then they feel better themselves.I understand sceptic ones,it's normal but we will see....

History has shown that the people blindly accepting the claims of a dev promising a perfect game without providing any shred of evidence will be those whining loudest when the game launches and it's nothing like what was described.

• LoktofeitLoktofeit Member RarePosts: 14,247

There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre