Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

SoE Clone Wars game confirmed

Comments

• EricDanieEricDanie Member UncommonPosts: 2,238
    Originally posted by TUX426

Originally posted by Bob_Blawblaw

I checked earlier, and it was there. Checked again just now, and it's gone.
    Plus the thread on the O-board about it just got locked.
    Cat out of the bag SOE. WTG.

Multiple screenshots were taken, so no denying it for SoE.

http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/268887/SOE-Station-Access-lists-CLONE-WARS-New-MMO-rumor-fuel.html

I knew it was a huge issue as I mentioned earlier in this thread, good to see they at least removed it.

If I had a Station pass I would be requesting my Clone Wars access immediately as it was listed there as part of the station access plan ;)

People could care or not but that was a blatant false advertisement of station pass contents.

• TUX426TUX426 Member Posts: 1,907
    Originally posted by EricDanie 
    I knew it was a huge issue as I mentioned earlier in this thread, good to see they at least removed it.
    If I had a Station pass I would be requesting my Clone Wars access immediately as it was listed there as part of the station access plan ;)
    People could care or not but that was a blatant false advertisement of station pass contents.

Absolutely! I would too. The guy at the ToR forum said it's been like this for a few days (his is the other screenshot floating around).

• Trident9259Trident9259 Member UncommonPosts: 860

soe's clone wars mmo will cater to all their "expanded target market" they failed to conquer with the nge.

• BullseyeArc1BullseyeArc1 Member UncommonPosts: 410

Originally posted by Suvroc

Gotta wonder if the industry can support 3 Star Wars MMO's.

Ha! Not a chance.

Smed has inferred enough about sunsetting Galaxies. We just all assumed he meant with ToR...

The latest standard is hype it, launch it, make your money in a couple months, then make a new one.    Just look at STO, AOC and the others, theyre making money on box sales then moving on.     And ya its getting cheaper and faster to put these out with all the tools they have now.     If you can afford the engine license which can run about 30k a month, you could churn out a new mmo every two years with one production staff.

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183

Okay I'm putting my tinfoil hat on for this:

What better way to let the cat out of the bag, when they might not be allowed to? We all know how LA is with secrecy over anything SW related. They rarely announce a project until it's a few months away (ready for hyping and airtime).

SOE seems to be trying to remind people they're still around in any way possible, giving away game time (months worth) to compete with STO. Now this, why would they put it there in this manner in the first place, if they didn't want people to see it? They seem to be trying to build up hype and nothing more IMO. They're using an "accident" or "slip up" as an excuse for doing so it seems, its hilarious..

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• Bob_BlawblawBob_Blawblaw Member Posts: 1,278

I actually find it kind of strange this leak story hasn't been picked up by any of my preferred game news sites. Gag order? Or just not interested? Even this site doesn't have an opinion?

• Death1942Death1942 Member UncommonPosts: 2,587

I seem to remember hearing about this ages ago.  Isn't it supposed to be a kiddy game aimed at the Clone wars fans?

MMO wish list:

-Changeable worlds
    -Solid non level based game
    -Sharks with lasers attached to their heads

• grandpagamergrandpagamer Member Posts: 2,221
    Originally posted by Death1942

I seem to remember hearing about this ages ago.  Isn't it supposed to be a kiddy game aimed at the Clone wars fans?

What you say sounds familiar to me as well. Seems like I read somewhere that it was a Free Realms type of game for kids. Like the Clone Wars animated series maybe?

• ZorgoZorgo Member UncommonPosts: 2,254
    Originally posted by Suvroc

Gotta wonder if the industry can support 3 Star Wars MMO's.

I'd say no - they can't support the existing one.

• ObeeObee Member Posts: 1,550

Well, it will definitely be better than SWG currently is, as it would take a dev team with much more talent than anyone at SOE has to make something worse, so the Clone Wars game has that going for it.  I wonder if they will try to use the free with RMT that failed with Free Realms, or if they will use the play a couple levels for free but pay to advance any further plus RMT that they now use with Free Realms?

Originally posted by Malickie

What better way to let the cat out of the bag, when they might not be allowed to? We all know how LA is with secrecy over anything SW related. They rarely announce a project until it's a few months away (ready for hyping and airtime).

SOE seems to be trying to remind people they're still around in any way possible, giving away game time (months worth) to compete with STO. Now this, why would they put it there in this manner in the first place, if they didn't want people to see it? They seem to be trying to build up hype and nothing more IMO. They're using an "accident" or "slip up" as an excuse for doing so it seems, its hilarious..

Hate to agree to something this...odd, but there's no way I think it was an accident either. As you said, it's during the free month and it's on the page you actually subscribe to, there's no way it was an oversight lol. I'm not going to claim to know WHY they let it slip, but your "we're still here guys" is as good of a theory as I've heard. God knows SoE could use some positive press...this could be a way to shut up all the ToR fans and get some people talking about an MMO set it a more "familiar" time frame.

To those saying "it's a kids game", guys, 8 million people play Free Realms (or I should say, have signed up) - EIGHT MILLION. It may be a basic/casual game, but it's not just a kids game - I know plenty of adults that tried Free Realms too (though none will ever admit it). Think of a NEW Star Wars MMO set in the Clone Wars era. If a no name goofy MMO like Free Realms can get 8million subscribers, imagine the draw Star Wars would have.

This is why SWG is so neglected. SWG will never have 8 million subscribers...EVER! Free...err...Clone Wars may. If you were SoE, where would you put your resources? A game you'll never be able to salvage or a new game that has the potential to smash your current game in days?

Who here wouldn't try it for free? I will.

• erictlewiserictlewis Member UncommonPosts: 3,022

Sorry but i smell a photo shop on this.  I just pulled up my station account and nothing new in it, with the exception of 30 days free swg time.

So I am calling bogus photoshop. 

All I see in MMO is EQ, EQ2, Pirates, planetside, SWG, Matrix, and Vangaurd.  I checked the strategy card games its not their either.

• SkuzSkuz Member UncommonPosts: 1,018
    Originally posted by erictlewis

Sorry but i smell a photo shop on this.  I just pulled up my station account and nothing new in it, with the exception of 30 days free swg time.
    All I see in MMO is EQ, EQ2, Pirates, planetside, SWG, Matrix, and Vangaurd.  I checked the strategy card games its not their either.

You're too late to the party, it's been taken down already, but it was there.

The above is MY screenshot with MY desktop visible in the background - here's a supporting thread (where I heard about it) with a different screen (obviously different because it was posted well before mine and mine shows my desktop even):

http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/268887/SOE-Station-Access-lists-CLONE-WARS-New-MMO-rumor-fuel.html

There were more than enough people who thought like you did, and I would too...that's why "I" took my own screenshot ;)

• Esquire1980Esquire1980 Member UncommonPosts: 568

Originally posted by Malickie

Hate to agree to something this...odd, but there's no way I think it was an accident either. As you said, it's during the free month and it's on the page you actually subscribe to, there's no way it was an oversight lol. I'm not going to claim to know WHY they let it slip, but your "we're still here guys" is as good of a theory as I've heard. God knows SoE could use some positive press...this could be a way to shut up all the ToR fans and get some people talking about an MMO set it a more "familiar" time frame.

To those saying "it's a kids game", guys, 8 million people play Free Realms (or I should say, have signed up) - EIGHT MILLION. It may be a basic/casual game, but it's not just a kids game - I know plenty of adults that tried Free Realms too (though none will ever admit it). Think of a NEW Star Wars MMO set in the Clone Wars era. If a no name goofy MMO like Free Realms can get 8million subscribers, imagine the draw Star Wars would have.

This is why SWG is so neglected. SWG will never have 8 million subscribers...EVER! Free...err...Clone Wars may. If you were SoE, where would you put your resources? A game you'll never be able to salvage or a new game that has the potential to smash your current game in days?

Who here wouldn't try it for free? I will.

8 mil may have signed up.  Why not?  It's free.  The 64 dollar questions are..........  How many are logging on?  How many are actually using the micro transactions, expecially if they had to CHANGE the means of the micros already?  How many servers do they have up?  (that 1 ought to tell the tail)  Remembering that SWG still has up 13 servers......................

Maybe they will get enough on the new "tween browser based game" to pay some IP fees,  maybe not.

• erictlewiserictlewis Member UncommonPosts: 3,022

The above is MY screenshot with MY desktop visible in the background - here's a supporting thread (where I heard about it) with a different screen (obviously different because it was posted well before mine and mine shows my desktop even):

There were more than enough people who thought like you did, and I would too...that's why "I" took my own screenshot ;)

Hmm well I cant recreate it, So yes I guess they took it down.  This reminds me of the find of the NGE being sold for console that time on Amazon.  For 2 weeks SOE said not true, then we got the news it was comming but not for the console.   So we might get something ineteresing.

Honestly I am surpirsed that this would happen, Lucas arts is not to happy with SOE otherwise bioware would not have gotten swtor.  

• drbaltazardrbaltazar Member UncommonPosts: 7,856

Hmm well I cant recreate it, So yes I guess they took it down.  This reminds me of the find of the NGE being sold for console that time on Amazon.  For 2 weeks SOE said not true, then we got the news it was comming but not for the console.   So we might get something ineteresing.

Honestly I am surpirsed that this would happen, Lucas arts is not to happy with SOE otherwise bioware would not have gotten swtor.  

company do it all the time they test reaction1if nobody react they forget the idea if its like this time player react they take it down and continue to work on the project .so you can be sure you ll see clone war there in the futur!

I don't blame you for being skeptical, I'd be the same way. Thankfully, the story has been corroborated by quite a few others.

And yeah, it totally reminds me of the NGE boxes that Amazon was selling lol. Probably the same employee ;) 

But...I'm wondering if this is a part of the whole Bioware deal. SoE obviously had rights to some Bioware property when they created HK for Trials of Obi Wan - is this some sort of "deal" that gave those rights back to Bioware? Maybe a bone thrown by LA to SoE to say "thanks for 6+ years"? Or maybe it really is because of the paper success of Free Realms. We don't know the numbers on it, but I'm sure some people are buying "stuff". Maybe it's enough that this sounded like a good idea to LA. Whatever the reason, it's true now, no longer a "rumor". It may be off a bit, but it IS coming!

• Bob_BlawblawBob_Blawblaw Member Posts: 1,278

No details yet, but anyone with Station Launcher can verify this:

There's another nugget in there if you can see it. I noticed it yesterday when I looked the launcher, and I notice it's gone this morning... The Agency. Soon to be added to Station pass?

Not huge news, but interesting, considering there's so little info about that game as well (other than the internal issues the developer is having).

• j1flawj1flaw Member Posts: 131

The Agency is still being developed. Yes, 3 developers in key roles left to form their own company (again) called DetonatorGames. The SOEArtPortal still talks about the Agency often, so the art work is still going. They have not talked up the Agency yet because they know they have quite a ways to go and they want the hype to be at the max when the game comes out. Talking about it now will have people's attitudes a bit stale before it launches.

DCUO isn't on there yet, but I'm sure it will be in time.

I would certainly expect LA to announce this sooner than later now... However, I don't expect it any earlier than E3 (June) or SOE's Fan Faire (unannounced as of today). They are still probably quite a ways away from the game being ready to play. I know we would've heard something by now if it was coming out in the next year...

The good thing about the Clone Wars game is that it will likely be built off of the same engine that Free Realms is, so a huge portion of design is already completed. We'll have to wait and see for sure though. I'd definitely expect SOE or LA to break the ice this summer.

• RavingRabbidRavingRabbid Member UncommonPosts: 1,168

The clones wars CGI show is "cute" (being sarcastic) but definently not to be made into an mmo Sorry.

(BBBWWWWWWWAAAAAAAHHHHH fires plunger at SOE for even thinking of making a clone wars mmo!)

All my opinions are just that..opinions. If you like my opinions..coolness.If you dont like my opinion....I really dont care.
    Playing: ESO, WOT, Smite, and Marvel Heroes

• apocalanceapocalance Member UncommonPosts: 1,073

Clearly anything can be a MMO. What's a little less clear is if anything can be a fun and successful MMO.

so...

• TdogSkalTdogSkal Member UncommonPosts: 1,244
    Originally posted by j1flaw

The Agency is still being developed. Yes, 3 developers in key roles left to form their own company (again) called DetonatorGames. The SOEArtPortal still talks about the Agency often, so the art work is still going. They have not talked up the Agency yet because they know they have quite a ways to go and they want the hype to be at the max when the game comes out. Talking about it now will have people's attitudes a bit stale before it launches.
    DCUO isn't on there yet, but I'm sure it will be in time.
    I would certainly expect LA to announce this sooner than later now... However, I don't expect it any earlier than E3 (June) or SOE's Fan Faire (unannounced as of today). They are still probably quite a ways away from the game being ready to play. I know we would've heard something by now if it was coming out in the next year...
    The good thing about the Clone Wars game is that it will likely be built off of the same engine that Free Realms is, so a huge portion of design is already completed. We'll have to wait and see for sure though. I'd definitely expect SOE or LA to break the ice this summer.

The Agency was at E3 last year in the SoE booth.  It looked okay nothing special imo.  I am sure we will see Clone Wars at E3 this year.  I really want to see TOR at E3 but we will have to wait and see.

Sooner or Later

Originally posted by j1flaw

I'd definitely expect SOE or LA to break the ice this summer.

SoE already did lol ;)

From their goof, I would assume The Agency and Clone Wars to be out about the same time. MC, you know a lot more about The Agency than I do, but do you think it could be ready by fall? I just don't see them updating the launcher beyond 6-8months.

• April-RainApril-Rain Member UncommonPosts: 316

If this is real they have since removed it, my launcher in USA and UK preference show the same as well as the website, and that's no Clone wars or the agency so im not convinced this is real, even if the op's picture is correct then all someone has done is dropped a boob which has now been fixed as either game wont be out till at least the summer and clone wars is about a good of secret as the bioware and lucas arts secret project was.

Playing: FFXIV
    Future: wishing for SWG 2, World of Warcraft Classic
    Played: Most current and extinct MMO's - 18 Years in....

Interesting Fact - I own 27 Tarantula's