Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hard to solo?

ShariShari Member UncommonPosts: 746

I just wondered if ryzom is hard to solo and if so, is it easy to find groups to level?

Comments

• sekrogsekrog Member Posts: 261

This MMO is so different than the rest, that I'm reluctant to give any response to your question.  My advice, and I'm not being rude, is to download the 21-day trial and see for yourself.

But, be forewarned, it doesn't follow many typical MMO conventions...if you can get through that confusion in your first few hours you're in for a helluva treat.

• GilgameeshGilgameesh Member UncommonPosts: 412
    Originally posted by sekrog

This MMO is so different than the rest, that I'm reluctant to give any response to your question.  My advice, and I'm not being rude, is to download the 21-day trial and see for yourself.
    But, be forewarned, it doesn't follow many typical MMO conventions...if you can get through that confusion in your first few hours you're in for a helluva treat.

Lol, I don't think you need any PhD to play Ryzom. (j/k) :)

To answer the OP, yes, Ryzom is hard to solo. It's soloable, but need a lot of effort and a lot of death before being able to solo effectilvely.

Said that, the community is pretty small but if you start chatting in the universe channel you can make some friend and sure you will get people to team with. Just don't think to be able to find a team in 5 minutes.

Ryzom is a deep game with a nice and complex story. If you don't take it as a quest based game that need to be rushed to any cap, you will enjoy it.

It's a living world, with seasons, weather, etc.... heavily crafting oriented (and harvesting due the fact the gathering the materials is not just a point and click but need to use your skills wise),  where the survival ability is part of the player experience.

If you like a challenging experience, Ryzom can be good.

Nickname registered on www.mynickname.org

• TuyetTuyet Member Posts: 135

Both Fight and Magic skills are hard to solo and easier and more enjoyable in groups.

However both the Harvest and Crafting skills are mainly solo activities. So one can always do some digging and crafting while waiting for guildies/friends to log on and have enough for a good group. And actually digging can be done by groups but certainly not required except for some of best Mats.