Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Providence is burning

SlysarSlysar Member UncommonPosts: 18

As someone who has lived in the Domain region for the better part of 4 years, It saddens me to see the Providence region in such a state of disarray. This Goonfleet debacle really has turned the region and all surrounding it on its head. Now mind you if I was to go anywhere near goon territory they would have pulled out their magnifying glass to look at me, and then snickered as they used it to burn me like an ant, so I have no gushing love squirting for their ... setback, or whatever. But now so much has changed that corps, verily I say even entire aliances are abandoning the area.

The demise of Goonfleet may very well cause the demise of much more than itself, even in their dying throws. EVEolution or rEVEolution ladies and/or gentlemen? Something has to make the proverbial DUST settle eventually~

Comments

• EttirxaEttirxa Member Posts: 93

Like all alliances with terrible leadership they deserve to burn. It's the nature of EVE

• qazymanqazyman Member Posts: 1,785
    Originally posted by Ettirxa

Like all alliances with terrible leadership they deserve to burn. It's the nature of EVE

So say we all

• fenring101fenring101 Member UncommonPosts: 80

Happens every time a major player dies, all the parasites who survive off of their protection die with them, except in eve it tends to be a more symbiotic relationship than in most.

The larger alliances always fill the space around them with groups weaker than themselves, ones that could not hope to hold the territory without the support of their new found friends. so when that one dies out, all its friends end up loosing out as well. until a new power tanks over the area and starts giving it out to its friends once again.

the same thing has happened for a long time, and tbh its getting worse with the changes to EVE as the larger alliances no longer need to control such vast amounts of space, so they insulate themselves even further.

• jagd1jagd1 Member Posts: 281

What is the connection with goons and providence ?Even Evil Thug told he dont believe a connection between them .Btw GL to CVA and allies

• nurglesnurgles Member Posts: 840

Originally posted by jagd1
    What is the connection with goons and providence ?Even Evil Thug told he dont believe a connection between them

this

what are you talking about?

CVA/proviblock invaded catch, were pushed back by -A- and allies (while fighting goons on another front) up to the taking of G-DTMI in Provi. then -A- offer to return G-DTMI to CVA on the grounds they agree not to do invade -A- space again. CVA refuses saying they would rather be kicked back to empire rather then agree to not invade again.

-A- has no option but to burn Providence to the ground.

[edit]the 9uy station is just in it's second timer, comes out on Monday in euro primetime. System takedown has been simply uncontested. Looks like Ushra'khan finally return to Unity station.

• LoktofeitLoktofeit Member RarePosts: 14,247
    Originally posted by nurgles

CVA/proviblock invaded catch, were pushed back by -A- and allies (while fighting goons on another front) up to the taking of G-DTMI in Provi. then -A- offer to return G-DTMI to CVA on the grounds they agree not to do invade -A- space again. CVA refuses saying they would rather be kicked back to empire rather then agree to not invade again.
    [edit]the 9uy station is just in it's second timer, comes out on Monday in euro primetime. System takedown has been simply uncontested. Looks like Ushra'khan finally return to Unity station.

Now, if this was written in a way that people who are not entrenched in elder gameplay could understand this, it would be a great post to reference as an example of the conquest and politics of EVE Online - a snapshot of what EVE is all about.

There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre

lmao, the last couple of weeks have been pretty amazing. i will leave it to better minds than me to write up.

If someone said to me at Christmas that Ushra'Khan would be back in Unity station before the end of February i would have laughed.

http://wiki.eveonline.com/wiki/Ushra%27Khan_(Player_alliance)#Unity_Station

and

http://wiki.eveonline.com/wiki/Ushra%27Khan_(Player_alliance)#The_Fall_of_Unity_Station

• XennithXennith Member Posts: 1,244

I think if anyone had said to us that we would reclaim unity within the last few weeks we would have laughed at them, but thats eve for you.

• SlysarSlysar Member UncommonPosts: 18

Originally posted by jagd1

What is the connection with goons and providence ?Even Evil Thug told he dont believe a connection between them

this

what are you talking about?

See I heard that CVA was counting on Goons direct help to deal with -A-.... Help which never came. Now providence itself is a battleground because of all this.

Saturday night/Sunday morning EVE universe map. Statistic: (ships destroyed in last 24 hours) Providence is the biggest red spot in the universe. Redder then Jita herself.

while i would normally do my damnedest to badmouth CVA, most of the diplomatic chat logs have been made public and there is no evidence of an agreement between CVA and Goons.

The Providence holders would have rebelled if CVA got into bed with Goons.

• cosycosy Member UncommonPosts: 3,228

do ppl really ignore the fact that CVA planed to "invade" catch in june 2009 ?

BestSigEver :P

The agreement between CVA and the Goons/PL/NC is just a sideline, this war is happening because CVA invaded AAA, and refused the truce offered.

• RekindleRekindle Member UncommonPosts: 1,206

Prov resident here.  CVA and blues is a great alliance and a great bunch of folks.  These are interesting times but to say "Prov is burning" is a bit of an overstatement.

• MalcanisMalcanis Member UncommonPosts: 3,297
    Originally posted by cosy

do ppl really ignore the fact that CVA planed to "invade" catch in june 2009 ?

In which case they can scarcely complain about the consequences.

CVA in particular are in no position to whine about being superiornumbersed.

Give me liberty or give me lasers

Originally posted by Rekindle

Prov resident here.  CVA and blues is a great alliance and a great bunch of folks.  These are interesting times but to say "Prov is burning" is a bit of an overstatement.

U'K just reclaimed UNITY.

• hoppy87hoppy87 Member Posts: 29

CVA cant fight UK, -a-, and CCP. the fact that CCP has taken a direct hand in ensuring that -A- and allies win these fights means its not even worth contesting. CCP Atlas and crew have handed UK a station, and have pretty much garaunteed they will continue to be there supporting their allies whenever they need them.

face it, eve sucks cause of crap like that.

wha?

CCP deliberatly sabotaged CVA + LFA + AM + Paxton + -7- + FCON + CSA + TREAD, etc taking the side of UK and .-A-,? and thats the only reason that they lost? Thats some good quality drugs there.

Originally posted by Xennith

wha?

CCP deliberatly sabotaged CVA + LFA + AM + Paxton + -7- + FCON + CSA + TREAD, etc taking the side of UK and .-A-,? and thats the only reason that they lost? Thats some good quality drugs there.

one of the major ones was CCP atlas taking sides in the DG fight, not correcting the ghost bug, and CCP's refusal to admit any error in doing so. ships appearing on grid and being blown up hours after logging off is a bug, and decimated provis ability to fight. so yeah, everything post DG is CCP's doing. grats on bug exploiting but apparently thats all eve is now so...

• batolemaeusbatolemaeus Member CommonPosts: 2,061

The agreement between CVA and the Goons/PL/NC is just a sideline, this war is happening because CVA invaded AAA, and refused the truce offered.

You really do believe anything you read on a forum, don't you?
    The goon/cva thing was admittedly some rather fun fud, and the usual suspects took the bait. I didn't think anyone seriously believed that..

Also, ccp isn't favouring anyone. They're just really incompetent at anything 0.0 and don't give a damn.

Hence the reason that I said it was just a sideline...

Seriously, CCP Atlas swung the fight for UK and AAA? Not the CVA FC deciding to jump out, then jump back into a system with around 900 people in it?

Hence the reason that I said it was just a sideline...

Seriously, CCP Atlas swung the fight for UK and AAA? Not the CVA FC deciding to jump out, then jump back into a system with around 900 people in it?

what would have been the result had the node crashed instead of being artificially kept alive? those caps wouldnt have been dead, and would have been able to fight another day. CCP atlas gave you the advantage, then allowed you to exploit bugs while he watched and giggled gleefully.  so yeah, CCP handed you victory on a silver platter and has been tryin to conver up and walk back that fact since he let it slip.

I can understand your frustration at losing a capfleet like that, but claiming theres a big conspiracy by CCP to give us our old space back is a bit odd. The fight for D-G was lost as soon as the caps jumped out, jumping them back in was a mistake by the FC, not some crazily convoluted plan.

I can understand your frustration at losing a capfleet like that, but claiming theres a big conspiracy by CCP to give us our old space back is a bit odd. The fight for D-G was lost as soon as the caps jumped out, jumping them back in was a mistake by the FC, not some crazily convoluted plan.

DG probably was lost. however CCP's actions on that night, and refusal to make things right, has led to 9uy being uncontested and what else?  they handed you that, and subsequent fights. how is that not biased?

and if CCP wasnt tryin to cover something up why are they going to such great lengths to change the story they originally put out? their actions went from such as to make a system admin faint, to oh, it was only a bug fix we didnt really do anything...

Originally posted by hoppy87

DG probably was lost. however CCP's actions on that night, and refusal to make things right, has led to 9uy being uncontested and what else?  they handed you that, and subsequent fights. how is that not biased?

A Word from Customer Support

Support's intervention in large fleet engagements in even a remotely fair manner is very problematic due to the complexity of the situation.

Under circumstances where lag is involved or elusive bugs that are difficult to establish as the deciding factor, CCP cannot justify passing judgment on who should have won or who should have lost. While a problem such as the one in focus here is known to affect some players in certain situations, the evidence available in server-side logs, when available at all, can be haphazard and arbitrary. As such, intervention on CCP's part would risk being arbitrary as well.

What this means is that CCP will not be granting reimbursement for fleet fight losses.

Please understand that fleet fight reimbursement has always been very controversial and few issues have been discussed and argued in more detail within CCP. The conclusion has, however, always been to leave fleet battles alone rather than reimbursing them as a whole. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and we appreciate your patience as we work diligently towards resolving this issue.

CCP do not have the ability to sort out what ifs and might have beens. As such they have a blanket policy that requires fleet commanders to work within the limits of the game technology. This means that when a bad call is made by a commander and it subsequently wipes out their ships due to an unreasonable expectation of the game or simply due to a lack of knowledge, it is the fleet commanders problem.

We deployed the bulk of our fleet hours before the timers as we know the problems that had been happening since the dominion expansion. You guys jumped in your caps at the 11th hour then showed your inexperience warping to the pos without passwords. Then made the grievous error of jumping out of system again which was compounded by choosing to return to the field when the system was getting serious lag.

There are numerous stages that your commander could have stopped the loss of that capital fleet.

Blaming CCP for his poor judgment, lack of experience and your fleets lack of discipline is simple self delusion so that you can avoid any responsibility on your part.

Originally posted by hoppy87

A Word from Customer Support

Support's intervention in large fleet engagements in even a remotely fair manner is very problematic due to the complexity of the situation.

Under circumstances where lag is involved or elusive bugs that are difficult to establish as the deciding factor, CCP cannot justify passing judgment on who should have won or who should have lost. While a problem such as the one in focus here is known to affect some players in certain situations, the evidence available in server-side logs, when available at all, can be haphazard and arbitrary. As such, intervention on CCP's part would risk being arbitrary as well.

What this means is that CCP will not be granting reimbursement for fleet fight losses.

Please understand that fleet fight reimbursement has always been very controversial and few issues have been discussed and argued in more detail within CCP. The conclusion has, however, always been to leave fleet battles alone rather than reimbursing them as a whole. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and we appreciate your patience as we work diligently towards resolving this issue.

CCP do not have the ability to sort out what ifs and might have beens. As such they have a blanket policy that requires fleet commanders to work within the limits of the game technology.

how is a fleet commander sposed to know that CCP is actively tinkering with the system? or that ships will actually show on grid over an hour after the fleet logged off? and yes, people in system at the time of the cap deaths called out on comms when the cap fleet showed up and began to be attacked, and it was over an hour after all cap pilots had logged.  CCP's intentions *may* have been good, but there lies the road to hell.