Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Great Game. Seriously.

merkelsmerkels Member Posts: 26

Best game I've played in a long time, I highly recommend other PvP minded individuals to give this game a SERIOUS look over.  Currently in closed beta, so technically I'm not allowed to say much, but I'll talk about some stuff they have on their site and things you can find anyways on youtube and all over the place (game's been released in taiwan and korea already, not much "closed" about it).

The pvp is, well, awesome.  Classes are fairly balanced, especially when it comes to group PvP.  There's some annoying things such as gunners/riflemen stealthing away when they're almost dead, but that's a problem with stealth classes in lots of games unfortunately.  It's not as balanced in 1v1, but it was not designed with 1v1 in mind.  This game claims to support 1000v1000 pvp, and even at this early CB stage, I fully believe it.  I've participated in some GM-ran pvp events, and boy can there be a TON of people running around with very minimal lag.  Mass pvp works better than it ever did in other mass pvp games I've played before (warhammer, aion, freaking lag/crashfests)  I'm a 30 Paladin in the CB, having a heck of a lot of fun with the pvp.  Nation based, 5 nations, no lame dual faction crap.  No restrictions on killing enemy nations.   You can even pk people of your own nation, but you do incur a generic pvp type debuff depending on how much you've pk'd (red name, lose rep, all that typical stuff).  There's tons of fun stuff to do regarding pvp, many various types of pvp, including invading the enemy nations and smashing their stuff :)

Pve is straightforward.  The goal of this game is not to pve.  I think if you want in depth pve, look for a different game.  You can dungeon and quest your way all the way up to 30 so far, and it takes no more than a week if you put in some decent hours.  So far this is by far anything but your typical korean grindfest, and I love it.  Level up faster and get to the pvp faster.  Great.

Lots of nice crafting options including upgrading your weapons and armor as well as enchantments.  Upgrades improve the raw stats of your gear (defense or attack power) while enchants have MANY different effects. 

Then there's your little pran pet.  Basically just a little buffer for you, not much more than that.  It's a nice little companion to have though.

Nation wars are great fun.  Gather up full raids and invade your enemies.  Rack up medals for pvping and earn gear.

Right now, can't wait for this game to be live.  Truly the best MMORPG I've played for a long long long time.  Get in, test it out, give it a chance.  You won't get to enjoy much pvp until 20+ other than pking your own faction, so give it time to get there, it's the most fun I've had in years :D

Comments

• CoolPeteCoolPete Member Posts: 11

Sounds good, I'll give it a try

• JuaksJuaks Member UncommonPosts: 271

I agree with OP.

As I said before in another thread I am liking this game a lot.

Still needs some work in some areas as UI, chat etc...but, If you are looking for a PVP game I think this is it.

Don t get me wrong...Aika has tons of quests and Dungeon content but the true objective is PVP. I am having a blast.

Almost no lag or crashes so far in this very early stage of the game (Closed Beta 1).

For a free to play game I think they did a hell of a good work here. The best I tried so far.

• RealbigdealRealbigdeal Member UncommonPosts: 1,666

If its free, i cant bring up any hate post on this. I will buy if its free like guild wars or i will download it if its free with a stuff to buy in game.

C:\Users\FF\Desktop\spin move.gif

• SgtFrogSgtFrog Member Posts: 5,001

i got banned before i could log in >.>

March on! - Lets Invade Pekopon

• KenaoshiKenaoshi Member UncommonPosts: 1,022

Sure its good, the pvp is quite decent, the pve is quite good with loot of interesting features, even the crafting is not boring and I HAAAAAAAAAATE crafting, the pran pet is quite FUNNY with those weirdo questions, HOWEVER i do fear what may come with the cash shop, and some serious bugs i have seen i hope get fixed, like the SPEED HACKING with auto attack, but what most annoyed me was the fact i COULD´T lvl my pran after getting to max lvl (in this case 30) hope it just because the cap, hope its just in CB.

Overal one of the best ftp i have yet played, hope keeps improving.

now: GW2 (11 80s).
    Dark Souls 2.
    future: Mount&Blade 2 BannerLord.
    "Bro, do your even fractal?"
    Recommends: Guild Wars 2, Dark Souls, Mount&Blade: Warband, Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning.

• zellmerzellmer Member UncommonPosts: 442

It's fun, and for the very little you can see of the game it's interesting. To be fair and give some of the bad parts of it so far.

Community and the 4chan and/or little kids spamming pedo stuff about pran's get insanely annoying though. Also have TONS of malasian players that literally take over the game at night and spam foreign stuff non stop.

PVP is almost annoying with the nation aspect. In Feonir and participated in the relic raid and all that. But also dealt with the defending the temple from every small nation that decide to attack it constantly.

Also get nonstop

"sit at the safety circle of the rift and take one step out of safety then back in"

stuff that makes it ridiculous to bother defending/trying to fight anyone outside of temple defenses or raids.

GUI problems by the dozens and so many things you really need to be able to change like moving the text, collapsing quest progress, etc., etc.

Pran conversations repeat to no ends and make no sense more often then not.

With lots of things you can't expect from them like faster pran exp, more variety to costumes/weapons/pran stuff, etc., refining without relying on luck because it's almost guaranteed to be the cash shop stuff.

But lots of that is because it's beta, because we're very limited with what we get so far, etc., etc. Even though I've been 30 with no more quests for a few days now I've still been playing it.

• thg7fthg7f Member Posts: 87

I like my Dual Gunner, but I wish the controls were a bit less clunky (for lack of a better term).

It sucks being a hardcore player at heart but a casual player in availability. ~NightCloak

• farfanugonfarfanugon Member Posts: 419

the game is wonderful well planed and nice to look at

if your luck nuff to get in to beta test keep in mind the game is not yet makeing ANY money so the server they are useing to let us play is the very cheapest they could find

the movements untill open beta will be jerky actions slow this is the cheap server not the game some of the key maping issues may be the game but if everyone reports where {monsters walk threw walls} and such it can be fixed befor open beta

this is a A+ game i have honestly never played a game i had more fun in crap server lag and jerk movement included

----------------------------------------------------------------------

no game FTP or PTP will be with out spammers/children {some adult children } and but heads this cant be held against the game as the game can not conduct your manors while playing

they do boot offensive players so there making every attempt to keep the game clean even in closed beta

this is very much a family game there stuff to entertain every member of the family big and small getta key give it a try its well worth your while

• PATLAKAPATLAKA Member Posts: 16

this is one good looking game :) i will register and download it from home ...

Originally posted by zellmer

It's fun, and for the very little you can see of the game it's interesting. To be fair and give some of the bad parts of it so far.
    Community and the 4chan and/or little kids spamming pedo stuff about pran's get insanely annoying though. Also have TONS of malasian players that literally take over the game at night and spam foreign stuff non stop.
    Not games fault. You ll find that kind of stuff in any online game. Your comment sounds a bit racist if you ask me.
    PVP is almost annoying with the nation aspect. In Feonir and participated in the relic raid and all that. But also dealt with the defending the temple from every small nation that decide to attack it constantly.
    Annoying pvp? lol. I think its awesome that there s action nonstop. Looks like you are not  very PVP versed.

Also get nonstop
    "sit at the safety circle of the rift and take one step out of safety then back in"
    stuff that makes it ridiculous to bother defending/trying to fight anyone outside of temple defenses or raids.
    I don t see the problem here. Nice to have a safe place to fall back and wait for reinforcements.
    GUI problems by the dozens and so many things you really need to be able to change like moving the text, collapsing quest progress, etc., etc.
    I agree here. They could work a bit this part of the game. Let s wait for OB and see.
    Pran conversations repeat to no ends and make no sense more often then not.
    Pran conversations can become a bit annoying yes.
    With lots of things you can't expect from them like faster pran exp, more variety to costumes/weapons/pran stuff, etc., refining without relying on luck because it's almost guaranteed to be the cash shop stuff.
    Variety doesn t worry me since this is a Beta. More content, costumes weapons etc. are expected in later versions.
    Cash shop balance gameplay remains to be seen. We hope cash shop only includes vanity stuff and maybe consumables and not OP gear. We can only hope.

But lots of that is because it's beta, because we're very limited with what we get so far, etc., etc. Even though I've been 30 with no more quests for a few days now I've still been playing it.
    No more quests at lvl 30 is expected. CB1 level cap was 30.

Originally posted by sadeyx

hmm, in general gpotato games suck.
    Often poorly adapted copys of Asian mmo,s.  Fun for a moment.

Hmm no. Gpotato must be proud to own Aika and Allods. I think those are quality games and both will be successful.

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    Originally posted by Juaks

Hmm no. Gpotato must be proud to own Aika and Allods. I think those are quality games and both will be successful.

Allods is a MUCH better game and that is not saying much, both have horrible low end graphics.Both are borderline being 2D graphics,they look like paper cut outs pasted into the world.Hard to enjoy the word graphic when everything is at the lowest possible detail you can get away with.Everything typical of Asian F2P is in these games,nothing has changed at all,just another in the long line of F2P games with a different skin,no reason to play one over the other.

I have no idea what Aika means but random searches lead to perverted animation and i heard the in game chat lines are the same.The game imo should not be allowed to be advertised under that name w/o some sort of warning.,but when you do find game play video,you will see how low detail everything is,typical hiyah Koran grunts copied by every single F2P game,same cheap static backgrounds.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

Originally posted by Wizardry

Originally posted by Juaks

Allods is a MUCH better game and that is not saying much, both have horrible low end graphics.Both are borderline being 2D graphics,they look like paper cut outs pasted into the world.Hard to enjoy the word graphic when everything is at the lowest possible detail you can get away with.Everything typical of Asian F2P is in these games,nothing has changed at all,just another in the long line of F2P games with a different skin,no reason to play one over the other.

I have no idea what Aika means but random searches lead to perverted animation and i heard the in game chat lines are the same.The game imo should not be allowed to be advertised under that name w/o some sort of warning.,but when you do find game play video,you will see how low detail everything is,typical hiyah Koran grunts copied by every single F2P game,same cheap static backgrounds.

I highly disagree here.

I tried both games in CB.

I think Aika has a very well designed pvp concept. I actually had a blast in pvp. very funny experience. No lag in huge battles with many players on my screen.

In the other hand I did not  like much Allods at the beginning  but after a while I found how rich and deep the character development is. Very interesting and wide open talent customization. I loved that fact and started to love the game.

And btw...both games looks gorgeous on my comp. Don t want to be rude but maybe is time for you to upgrade your video card.