Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Aika-5 Minute Review

Comments

• KnightcryKnightcry Member Posts: 168

Edited as his post was deleted lol.

1-5 of the OP only one was a fundamental. Credibility is a big thing and you have none.

• drbaltazardrbaltazar Member UncommonPosts: 7,856

deactivate blur,then use the setting before going in the game that say use your desktopsetting since for me theingame setting were way off i would have needed  a 40 inch scree to view aside from that its a cool game

like i write do these step first and you should like this you get dungeon very early on but since they re about same lvl as deadmine(wow)i dont suggest you got in too early!this game will be popular

graphic style is aion (crytek 1 instead of 2 i think!)but since this game is aimed for MASSIVE battle

1000vs1000 this might be successfull(ok!ok!forget america since most despisse f2p)but for the rest of the world its a nice game probably aimed directly at the NETBOOK market!

if any can test this game with their netbook and confirm it would be nice.dont let the 500 mb fool you

its conpressed .its better then i thot!

• TanonTanon Member UncommonPosts: 176
    Originally posted by Knightcry

1-5 of the OP only one was a fundamental. Credibility is a big thing and you have none.

This made me LOL.

'Only one was a fundamental'... even ONE bug being FUNDAMENTAL is far more than enough reason to screw the game-I'm pretty sure we can agree on that.

My main point was that movement was buggy. I even accepted everyone saying that it was closed beta, but I still stood by my point that movement is basic and really should not be bugged at any stage after alpha.  That video was posted TWO years ago. If they didn't manage to fix MOVEMENT in TWO years, something is SERIOUSLY wrong. You can say that it's closed beta all you like, but you can't argue this.

Therefore, the only thing this CBT is really testing is translations/localizations/server stress. However, the company failed to even do movement correctly; what makes you think all their other acclaimed features will work?

Fact of the matter is, I don't need credibility (though anyone YT'ing 'Aika Online' up will see all my credentials...). I've already proven that this game is full of fail. Next please.

Originally posted by Tanon

Originally posted by Knightcry

This made me LOL.

'Only one was a fundamental'... even ONE bug being FUNDAMENTAL is far more than enough reason to screw the game-I'm pretty sure we can agree on that.

My main point was that movement was buggy. I even accepted everyone saying that it was closed beta, but I still stood by my point that movement is basic and really should not be bugged at any stage after alpha.  That video was posted TWO years ago. If they didn't manage to fix MOVEMENT in TWO years, something is SERIOUSLY wrong. You can say that it's closed beta all you like, but you can't argue this.

Therefore, the only thing this CBT is really testing is translations/localizations/server stress. However, the company failed to even do movement correctly; what makes you think all their other acclaimed features will work?

Fact of the matter is, I don't need credibility (though anyone YT'ing 'Aika Online' up will see all my credentials...). I've already proven that this game is full of fail. Next please.

the movement issue will probably be very easy to adjust i believe they made a mistake when they set it !or we havent played it yet in the context they have planned dont forget this game is planned to be 1000vs1000 aside from the control being 1 to 2 second to slow when we turn i think this game as a very bright futur .one of the very limited few MASSIVE MULTIPLAYER GAME

that will live up to hits name if its truelly 1000vs 1000 so far what i saw was fun and this game probably work on netbook!

• farfanugonfarfanugon Member Posts: 419

walking bug . report what you did and what happened and where you were

failed movement . report what you did and what happend and where you were

glitched monster , report what you did and what happened and where you were

it take 1000s of players running threw a new game to find these items its much ezer and cheap to use gamers as we know what to look for the cost of a game to have to pay outside help for this would kill the yet started game

if you dont have any idea how to beta test its best to leave the keys for gamers that do

beta testing isnt about jumping in to play right now its about making the game fun for those that will jump in and play in 3-6 months

every key taken by a person not willing or unable to test for atleast 1 hour a day is hindering the game not helping

keep in mind all games give there testers gifts at the end for ingame use the nontesters will never get a chance to have if your a die hard gamer its all about the collections baby

test report daily and have fun

• tsuranotsurano Member Posts: 52

Where are you playing from?  I have no issues when I play with movement.  The issues your brought up don't apply to me.

1. Walking works fine, My character immediately turns when I press A or D and is always facing the direction he walks.

2. Well of course you can't jump off a wall.  Certain areas of the game you aren't meant to go to (since there are giant cliffs) and even if you could go to these areas, it ends up being buggier since players would get stuck a lot.  Not really a bug as it is developers deciding not to include it.

3. You must be lagging (same issue as point 1) when I come to a rock, I immediately walk over it.  Fences I can run through and rocks I run over.  Also, this game hasn't been patched up to the levels of the Korean and Taiwanese clients.  On those servers I wouldn't even walk on top of the rock, I would stop and have to jump onto it.  Its been said a few times that this client has not been fully patched yet (two years of patches to test and implement).

4. I did have this issue, it wasn't really a texture bug as it was the camera intersecting the models.  That is a bit of a problem but its not a fundamental or game(play) breaking flaw.

5. Once again, not a fundamental flaw and it only does that for the beginning quests.  Higher level quests are more difficult and less "hand-holdy"

And 99% of players are playing for the PvP, not the lolis

Originally posted by tsurano

Where are you playing from?  I have no issues when I play with movement.  The issues your brought up don't apply to me.

1. Walking works fine, My character immediately turns when I press A or D and is always facing the direction he walks.

2. Well of course you can't jump off a wall.  Certain areas of the game you aren't meant to go to (since there are giant cliffs) and even if you could go to these areas, it ends up being buggier since players would get stuck a lot.  Not really a bug as it is developers deciding not to include it.

3. You must be lagging (same issue as point 1) when I come to a rock, I immediately walk over it.  Fences I can run through and rocks I run over.  Also, this game hasn't been patched up to the levels of the Korean and Taiwanese clients.  On those servers I wouldn't even walk on top of the rock, I would stop and have to jump onto it.  Its been said a few times that this client has not been fully patched yet (two years of patches to test and implement).

4. I did have this issue, it wasn't really a texture bug as it was the camera intersecting the models.  That is a bit of a problem but its not a fundamental or game(play) breaking flaw.

5. Once again, not a fundamental flaw and it only does that for the beginning quests.  Higher level quests are more difficult and less "hand-holdy"

1. Basic movement works fine. Ever play an FPS? Try moving around as if you were in a firefight in a FPS game, and you'll immediately see the bugs. As for facing direction, move around while changing camera angle.

2. WoW solves the stuck issue when jumping off cliffs by killing you, go figure. However, in Aika, the wall is about the size of the character and you can't jump off. For walls that are not as high, you don't even need to jump; you can simply walk forward and it will port you on top.

3. Err, no, I'm not talking about the game not moving me over the rock as soon as it detects me there; I can walk in and stay there and not go on top unless I move further in. Aside from that, you've brought up another 'fundamental' issue: this is another typical Asian developed game, where America is months (or, in this case, years) behind. You see brand-new, shiny content? Well, you're not getting it for another year.

4. As I've stated, this is laziness on the developer's part. They attempted to solve it and failed.

5. You have your hand held in early levels, then BAM! You're hit with a grind wall, or a difficult challenge, or w/e. At that point, you've grown accustomed to having your hand held, so you're going to wait for someone else to write a guide so you can breeze through content.

And 99% of players are playing for PvP? This is another one of those iffy points. If the game is meant to be PvP oriented, why have PvE at all? None of it matters because you're just grinding so you can PvP. Why not allow you to jump straight into the main content of the game? Besides that, what's the point of PvPing in a level/gear-based game? There's no challenge involved, no skill; it's just gear and levels. Nothing more. There are PLENTY of other PvP based games that don't require lolis to attract players. This game wouldn't have lolis if it knew it had another selling point. After all, I'm pretty sure Equality Now! will soon come and state that this game promotes pedophilia, resulting in the game being shut down. Sure, I suppose a cute girl is a nice change from a fire-breathing dragon at your side, but really now. Did it HAVE to be children?

1. Basic movement works fine. Ever play an FPS? Try moving around as if you were in a firefight in a FPS game, and you'll immediately see the bugs. As for facing direction, move around while changing camera angle.

2. WoW solves the stuck issue when jumping off cliffs by killing you, go figure. However, in Aika, the wall is about the size of the character and you can't jump off. For walls that are not as high, you don't even need to jump; you can simply walk forward and it will port you on top.

3. Err, no, I'm not talking about the game not moving me over the rock as soon as it detects me there; I can walk in and stay there and not go on top unless I move further in. Aside from that, you've brought up another 'fundamental' issue: this is another typical Asian developed game, where America is months (or, in this case, years) behind. You see brand-new, shiny content? Well, you're not getting it for another year.

4. As I've stated, this is laziness on the developer's part. They attempted to solve it and failed.

5. You have your hand held in early levels, then BAM! You're hit with a grind wall, or a difficult challenge, or w/e. At that point, you've grown accustomed to having your hand held, so you're going to wait for someone else to write a guide so you can breeze through content.

And 99% of players are playing for PvP? This is another one of those iffy points. If the game is meant to be PvP oriented, why have PvE at all? None of it matters because you're just grinding so you can PvP. Why not allow you to jump straight into the main content of the game? Besides that, what's the point of PvPing in a level/gear-based game? There's no challenge involved, no skill; it's just gear and levels. Nothing more. There are PLENTY of other PvP based games that don't require lolis to attract players. This game wouldn't have lolis if it knew it had another selling point. After all, I'm pretty sure Equality Now! will soon come and state that this game promotes pedophilia, resulting in the game being shut down. Sure, I suppose a cute girl is a nice change from a fire-breathing dragon at your side, but really now. Did it HAVE to be children?

1.  Actually I have played FPSs and I have been turning the camera while running (I only use A and D for turning very rarely) and still no problems.  The problem is with you, not everyone else.

2.  Once again, I believe that was lag on your part, I only got teleported on top of an object once and that was in the first few minutes of logging on, and trying for a bit to get on top of it.

3. Again, lag on your part.  I was running across a field, and as soon as I touched the rock I was walking on top of it.  Didn't have to walk into the rock and wait for it to teleport me on top of it (I'm not nearly as stupid as you think, I can understand all your posts).

4. Oh my goodness, I can see into an object's model.  It's not gamebreaking nor is it the end of the world.  That is something that can easily be patched.

5. Not really hit with a grind wall.  If people can hit level 30 in two days and the current max level on the older servers is 50, I don't really think there is much of a grind.  Only reason to grind is for materials for equipment.  And you should have your hand held in the beginning, if you are starting MMOs and have no idea what you are doing, a little hand holding can help.

Just because the Korean server is two years ahead doesn't mean we are going to get the patches two years from now.  Where did most of those two years of patches take most of their time? Development.  The patches have already been developed, they only need to be translated and configured for gPotato's servers. 

Ok, so you are saying no PvE in a game designed to be a PvP game.  Well I have played private servers that have done that.  You walk in and you can have a maxed out character just like everyone else in under five minutes.  You go PvP a bit and then you quit because it is boring.  I didn't earn my gears, I didn't invest time in the game.  This is a pretty sad argument.

Once again, how does this promote pedophilia? That is like saying Dragon Age:Origins promoted homosexual intercourse or intercourse in general because they had one (optional) scene that involved it.  AIKA is much further away from pedophilia than Dragon Age was from those topics.  So you are saying that just by someone having a daughter they are a pedophile.  I guess we should put all guys with daughters in jail because they are latent pedophiles waiting to jump into action.  The reason the PvP in this game is different is because you can have thousands of people on the battlefield with minimal to low lag without a high end computer.  Find another game that can do that and maybe I will agree with you on the Pran issue.

• DrakkhenDrakkhen Member Posts: 195

I've been playing Aika for a few days and honestly I've had no issues at all.

I'm running Vista 64 with a e8400 oc'd, evga 285 ftw, and a raptor hd.

Other than the "been here, done that" feel I'm getting, it isn't a bad game at all and I can see it doing rather well with those that enjoy f2p pvp style themepark games.

• joker007mojoker007mo Member Posts: 712
    Originally posted by Drakkhen

Other than the "been here, done that" feel I'm getting, it isn't a bad game at all and I can see it doing rather well with those that enjoy f2p pvp style themepark games.

same here though im on xp nvidia 7900 gtx 2 gig ram and 1.2 gig single core cpu

though it really looks and feels like aion without the wings kinda how it woulda been had they left out the wings and left aion f2p

even the starter area feels alot like playing in the starter area of aion same houses same kinda fencing on hills thats not to say the layout isnt different it just a sense of deja vu

Originally posted by joker007mo

though it really looks and feels like aion without the wings kinda how it woulda been had they left out the wings and left aion f2p

even the starter area feels alot like playing in the starter area of aion same houses same kinda fencing on hills thats not to say the layout isnt different it just a sense of deja vu

1000 vs 1000 = AIKA .try that in aion,wow,eve,lotr,war,aoc,l2, you name it the list of game that can have 1000 player vs 1000 player

fight is very slim.the list fit in one of my hand!

Originally posted by drbaltazar

1000 vs 1000 = AIKA .try that in aion,wow,eve,lotr,war,aoc,l2, you name it the list of game that can have 1000 player vs 1000 player

even more deja vu even though not as well conceived i must admit that does sounds rather much given the horrible issue with aion but the fact i have an option for pve or pvp server is a plus in my book though i dont quite understand the fit in one of my hand so maybe i read that wrong

even more deja vu even though not as well conceived i must admit that does sounds rather much given the horrible issue with aion but the fact i have an option for pve or pvp server is a plus in my book though i dont quite understand the fit in one of my hand so maybe i read that wrong

only a handfull have 1000vs1000 fight possibility in mmorpg!i didnt say didnt exist i said they are very rare

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nleUXIudRxk  

men i was checking this short tube .men when GRAND MUNDO  come out (2010) some will yell foul lol!IT WILL be npc with a AI too smart for its own good no more dungeon like i saw on this tube(tank god)

only a handfull have 1000vs1000 fight possibility in mmorpg!i didnt say didnt exist i said they are very rare

well 1k does seem alot and i cant say it would ever seem feasible on my comp if it gets to the point i get in something that large my comp probably couldnt handle it and id avoid it after the first time i tried same thing in aion i turned into the 70's million dollar man insert  slo mo here

1.  Actually I have played FPSs and I have been turning the camera while running (I only use A and D for turning very rarely) and still no problems.  The problem is with you, not everyone else.
    2.  Once again, I believe that was lag on your part, I only got teleported on top of an object once and that was in the first few minutes of logging on, and trying for a bit to get on top of it.
    3. Again, lag on your part.  I was running across a field, and as soon as I touched the rock I was walking on top of it.  Didn't have to walk into the rock and wait for it to teleport me on top of it (I'm not nearly as stupid as you think, I can understand all your posts).
    4. Oh my goodness, I can see into an object's model.  It's not gamebreaking nor is it the end of the world.  That is something that can easily be patched.
    5. Not really hit with a grind wall.  If people can hit level 30 in two days and the current max level on the older servers is 50, I don't really think there is much of a grind.  Only reason to grind is for materials for equipment.  And you should have your hand held in the beginning, if you are starting MMOs and have no idea what you are doing, a little hand holding can help.

Just because the Korean server is two years ahead doesn't mean we are going to get the patches two years from now.  Where did most of those two years of patches take most of their time? Development.  The patches have already been developed, they only need to be translated and configured for gPotato's servers. 
    Ok, so you are saying no PvE in a game designed to be a PvP game.  Well I have played private servers that have done that.  You walk in and you can have a maxed out character just like everyone else in under five minutes.  You go PvP a bit and then you quit because it is boring.  I didn't earn my gears, I didn't invest time in the game.  This is a pretty sad argument.
    Once again, how does this promote pedophilia? That is like saying Dragon Age:Origins promoted homosexual intercourse or intercourse in general because they had one (optional) scene that involved it.  AIKA is much further away from pedophilia than Dragon Age was from those topics.  So you are saying that just by someone having a daughter they are a pedophile.  I guess we should put all guys with daughters in jail because they are latent pedophiles waiting to jump into action.  The reason the PvP in this game is different is because you can have thousands of people on the battlefield with minimal to low lag without a high end computer.  Find another game that can do that and maybe I will agree with you on the Pran issue.

1. If I'm playing normally, I have no issues with movement. The problem is that when I intentionally try to bug it up, it bugs up.

2. Read carefully; I get ported to the top (or bottom) of a wall whenever it is a low wall. Anything that it would seem like I need to jump up to, I only have to walk.

3. I don't know why you assume I'm talking about lag. I'm talking about poor mathematical calculations for the doodad locations. Again, when I'm just playing normally, I have no issues; it's when I intentionally try to mess it up that I find bugs.

4. Not gamebreaking? For an F2P, sure, but that's the old "you're not paying for it so you don't have the right to complain" argument again. As I stated, they have tried to fix it, but failed.

5. That was an example.

6. Yes, the patches take most of their time in development; as you've outlined, translation is the issue. Sure, we have the patches; they just aren't translated yet and we're too lazy to do it for another 2 years! That's a point in itself; the Korean servers are 2 years ahead, so why exactly are we bugtesting a version where the majority of those bugs are likely to have been fixed already? Which, again, re-validates ALL my points.

7. You don't quit because it's boring, you quit because everyone is equal. Face it, you're just another one of those kids that want to go into a game to be better than everyone else. You don't like instant-max private servers because sure, you have all the best gears and levels, but so does everyone else. Therefore, you're not superior to anyone, and you can't accept that. If you're not interested in the end-game PvP and you just want to beat up on weaklings, a PvP-oriented game is NOT for you. Even if the PvP in a game is just mashing buttons, if everyone is the same, it's all about knowing which buttons to mash. You're not inherently superior because you've invested more time. Otherwise, it's not a PvP game, it's a PvE game where the more you PvE, the better you are at PvP.

8. Erm, what? One look at the forums and I can tell that the majority of players are there for the lolis, not the PvP.

"I can finally be an onii-chan!"

[on 4th stage of Pran] "I don't want my daughter to grow up."

etc etc.

You think this is the first game to boast massive PvP? It's not. I've read through countless overviews of games stating that you can have 500v500, 1000v1000, etc. Games like DFO and FE offer large-scale PvP. However, let's face the reality of it: how fun is 1000v1000 really going to be? You're either going to be throwing out AoEs or just getting instagibbed. The fun in group PvP is co-ordinating with your teammates. How do you expect to co-ordinate a group of 1000 strangers online? There's no skill involved; it's about which group has the stronger overall AoEs.

Again, if people were really interested in the game for the PvP, there wouldn't need to be lolis. If you put an old man as your pet, no one would play this game.

Of course, EVERY game has its playerbase, no matter how stupid the game is, but disregarding that, everyone else is just playing for the lolis.

• sidfusidfu Member Posts: 170

if u only played 5 min u have no right to even try to write a reveiw. the game is closed beta if it was retail thats a little differnt but not much. go play a game a few hours then come back and write a reveiw till then dont even try to write anything.

Originally posted by sidfu

if u only played 5 min u have no right to even try to write a reveiw. the game is closed beta if it was retail thats a little differnt but not much. go play a game a few hours then come back and write a reveiw till then dont even try to write anything.

Did you even read my points, or did you just look at the title?

• sidfusidfu Member Posts: 170

i read the entire thread like i said anyone gonna try to review a game after only  5min play time need to quite mmos and crawl under a rock and hide for rest of their life

almost all the problems u descriped in your thread i had none of them after a good 10hour or so of play.the warping to top or outside a rock when running into it happens in all mmos just happens in some more offthen than others.people keep forgetting a f2p mmo isnt like a p2p mmo. its revenue can flutate alot from month to month so most have a extremely more limited budget to get to retail than a p2p.

Originally posted by sidfu

i read the entire thread like i said anyone gonna try to review a game after only  5min play time need to quite mmos and crawl under a rock and hide for rest of their life

almost all the problems u descriped in your thread i had none of them after a good 10hour or so of play.the warping to top or outside a rock when running into it happens in all mmos just happens in some more offthen than others.people keep forgetting a f2p mmo isnt like a p2p mmo. its revenue can flutate alot from month to month so most have a extremely more limited budget to get to retail than a p2p.

Yes, and I'm sure giving potential customers a buggy client to 'closed beta test' is a GREAT start to success!

1. If I'm playing normally, I have no issues with movement. The problem is that when I intentionally try to bug it up, it bugs up.
    2. Read carefully; I get ported to the top (or bottom) of a wall whenever it is a low wall. Anything that it would seem like I need to jump up to, I only have to walk.
    3. I don't know why you assume I'm talking about lag. I'm talking about poor mathematical calculations for the doodad locations. Again, when I'm just playing normally, I have no issues; it's when I intentionally try to mess it up that I find bugs.
    4. Not gamebreaking? For an F2P, sure, but that's the old "you're not paying for it so you don't have the right to complain" argument again. As I stated, they have tried to fix it, but failed.
    5. That was an example.
    6. Yes, the patches take most of their time in development; as you've outlined, translation is the issue. Sure, we have the patches; they just aren't translated yet and we're too lazy to do it for another 2 years! That's a point in itself; the Korean servers are 2 years ahead, so why exactly are we bugtesting a version where the majority of those bugs are likely to have been fixed already? Which, again, re-validates ALL my points.
    7. You don't quit because it's boring, you quit because everyone is equal. Face it, you're just another one of those kids that want to go into a game to be better than everyone else. You don't like instant-max private servers because sure, you have all the best gears and levels, but so does everyone else. Therefore, you're not superior to anyone, and you can't accept that. If you're not interested in the end-game PvP and you just want to beat up on weaklings, a PvP-oriented game is NOT for you. Even if the PvP in a game is just mashing buttons, if everyone is the same, it's all about knowing which buttons to mash. You're not inherently superior because you've invested more time. Otherwise, it's not a PvP game, it's a PvE game where the more you PvE, the better you are at PvP.
    8. Erm, what? One look at the forums and I can tell that the majority of players are there for the lolis, not the PvP.
    "I can finally be an onii-chan!"
    [on 4th stage of Pran] "I don't want my daughter to grow up."
    etc etc.
    You think this is the first game to boast massive PvP? It's not. I've read through countless overviews of games stating that you can have 500v500, 1000v1000, etc. Games like DFO and FE offer large-scale PvP. However, let's face the reality of it: how fun is 1000v1000 really going to be? You're either going to be throwing out AoEs or just getting instagibbed. The fun in group PvP is co-ordinating with your teammates. How do you expect to co-ordinate a group of 1000 strangers online? There's no skill involved; it's about which group has the stronger overall AoEs.
    Again, if people were really interested in the game for the PvP, there wouldn't need to be lolis. If you put an old man as your pet, no one would play this game.
    Of course, EVERY game has its playerbase, no matter how stupid the game is, but disregarding that, everyone else is just playing for the lolis.

Ok, now you are starting to piss me off, I can't tell if you are just stupid, dense or stubborn.

1. I FULLY UNDERSTAND WHAT YOU HAVE BEEN SAYING FROM THE FIRST POST

Don't ask me to read carefully. I know exactly what you have been saying about the whole rock crap.  I have tried everything you have complained about and the only thing that happens to me is the not being able to jump off walls.

I spent a good 5-10 minutes logged in trying to duplicate the stuff you were whining about and guess what? None of it happened.  Either your computer is a piece of crap, or you played for such a little bit of time that the game had too little time to load everything.

Majority of players?  I believe you found about maybe 10 players and are claiming that is a majority.  I've been following the forums for 3 months and most of the stuff I've seen about the Pran system are complaints about them being little girls, not about how awesome it was. 

About point 7.  You have no idea how wrong you are.

The game I talked about I had played for about four years straight to get good (not awesome, good) equipment.  I never spent a penny on the game,  but I still enjoyed it.  Compared to most of my friends and most of the other high level players my equipment sucked because I wasn't using the cash shop at all but I was still happy because I EARNED my equips and was still able to kill better equipped (and hacking) players because I was more skilled.  I went to a private server for the same game and finally had the same equips as everyone else, but was bored because it meant nothing.  I hadn't earned them, I typed some code into the chat box and I was at endgame.   Second, I did not ever beat up weaklings.  Most of the times I got into fights was against 3-4 people with equal or better equipment than me.  Tanon these last few posts just prove you are making shit up.  You don't know me, nor do you know the community of AIKA.  And I am probably older than you, so don't call me a kid.

DFO and FE  have massive PvP?  Dungeon Fighters would probably be able to have 20 people in a room at once before it runs into issues.  DFO with massive PvP would be worse than AIKA.  FE COULD have massive PvP, but will it be able to support all the players without a giant lagfest?  The game would have to be pretty well optimized to be able to pull it off with its graphical level.  Maybe at most 60 players at once.

Just because there is no need for something doesn't mean it shouldn't be included.  There is no need for air conditioning in your car, but guess what? Most cars sold today have an AC System.  Rather than go along the traditional pet route the makers of AIKA decided to do something different, which I commend them for.  They also decided to focus on gameplay instead of graphics which is also something I commend them for.   Rather than play a game for five minutes and assume you know the game actually try it up to a decent level so you have some credibility.

• aromeroaromero Member Posts: 49
    Ok, now you are starting to piss me off, I can't tell if you are just stupid, dense or stubborn.
    Don't ask me to read carefully. I know exactly what you have been saying about the whole rock crap.  I have tried everything you have complained about and the only thing that happens to me is the not being able to jump off walls.
    I spent a good 5-10 minutes logged in trying to duplicate the stuff you were whining about and guess what? None of it happened.  Either your computer is a piece of crap, or you played for such a little bit of time that the game had too little time to load everything.
    Majority of players?  I believe you found about maybe 10 players and are claiming that is a majority.  I've been following the forums for 3 months and most of the stuff I've seen about the Pran system are complaints about them being little girls, not about how awesome it was. 

The game I talked about I had played for about four years straight to get good (not awesome, good) equipment.  I never spent a penny on the game,  but I still enjoyed it.  Compared to most of my friends and most of the other high level players my equipment sucked because I wasn't using the cash shop at all but I was still happy because I EARNED my equips and was still able to kill better equipped (and hacking) players because I was more skilled.  I went to a private server for the same game and finally had the same equips as everyone else, but was bored because it meant nothing.  I hadn't earned them, I typed some code into the chat box and I was at endgame.   Second, I did not ever beat up weaklings.  Most of the times I got into fights was against 3-4 people with equal or better equipment than me.  Tanon these last few posts just prove you are making shit up.  You don't know me, nor do you know the community of AIKA.  And I am probably older than you, so don't call me a kid.
    DFO and FE  have massive PvP?  Dungeon Fighters would probably be able to have 20 people in a room at once before it runs into issues.  DFO with massive PvP would be worse than AIKA.  FE COULD have massive PvP, but will it be able to support all the players without a giant lagfest?  The game would have to be pretty well optimized to be able to pull it off with its graphical level.  Maybe at most 60 players at once.

Just because there is no need for something doesn't mean it shouldn't be included.  There is no need for air conditioning in your car, but guess what? Most cars sold today have an AC System.  Rather than go along the traditional pet route the makers of AIKA decided to do something different, which I commend them for.  They also decided to focus on gameplay instead of graphics which is also something I commend them for.   Rather than play a game for five minutes and assume you know the game actually try it up to a decent level so you have some credibility.

Doesn't hide the fact that the game still blows.

And that's exactly why you fail as a beta tester. According to another poster (CBA to look who it is), the movement issue has already been reported in AIKA'S BUG REPORT FORUM. Therefore, it is NOT simply me. Either you can't read or you simply choose to read what you want to, and it's clearly not the latter because you're replying to me.
    I'm sure everyone complaining would rather have a fire-breathing dragon. Everyone else is content (even happy) with lolis. Besides that, most of what I've seen is people in support of lolis.

Name the game. Anyone can BS anything they want on the internet. Besides that, you're talking about SKILL in a MMO? That tells enough about you.
    I love how you assume DFO is Dungeon Fighters. Aside from that, have you seen Aika's 1000v1000 PvP for yourself? No, yet you're talking like you know something. Honestly, I find that amusing. How do you know Aika won't turn into a giant lagfest? You're just speculating as with FE. Again, this brings up yet another point-1000v1000 PvP is going to be boring as hell. It's all about which side PvE'd more to get better gear to PvP with.

"Aika also promises its sweeping graphics and battle system will all come in a small 300MB download. The game is set for a free to play model, with the usual item shop."
    You're the one that needs credibility. Focusing on gameplay more than graphics is what CoS (watch you mistake this acronym as well) is doing. Did Aika do that? No.
    So lolis are a luxury as a pet system? Seriously, if you think Aika is one of the better PvP games out there, you have a VERY limited gaming history.

"Doesn't hide the fact that the game still blows."

QFT. PvP oriented+item mall+Korean developer? I'm not sure what kind of gaming history you have, but this has ALWAYS been a bad omen.

Originally posted by farfanugon

LOL you guys all this for a dudes post that didnt play long nuff to learn the game has a 8 key not 4 key movement system
    ha im just as foolish as all of you for posting on this bunk thread

I think I'm only continuing now since I'm gaining stars.  Gotten up two stars since this thread started and heck, might get to five stars sometime soon.  I also hate when people say a game sucks without even trying it. (5 minutes is not trying)

• vladakovvladakov Member Posts: 710

1. its beta

2. 5 minute reviews are NEVER reliable, PERIOD.

3. Its based around 1000 vs 1000 (or something ) pvp battles, and how would you test that in a 5 min. review if you need to be level 10?

Why do people always say bad things about games in beta, why? why i ask you

guys until you have beta tested the 1000 vs 1000 player battle please dont review!why?because this game was specificly

made and designed around THAT  feature !and until you have experienced that you cant say this game suck

if you havent tried the highlight feature lol

its like going to see harry potter you listen to it 1 minute you see dunmbledore and you leave .you cant make a review on the movie you havent see the movie you left at the start lol

same here if any went in the 1000 vs 1000 battle those can review the game totally for the other ,just sit in a corner and sip coffe it will pass!