Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Best DOTA game out there currently?

13»

Comments

• Jam3s04Jam3s04 Member Posts: 5

For me the best alternative is heroes of newerth i feel like im playing DOTA with higher graphics altohugh i dont like what they did to the game now, too much cash item. avatar and etc items that are not useful in the game itself.

• TheDevilDKTheDevilDK Member Posts: 2

Originally posted by 2slow4flo

Originally posted by Little11

Originally posted by seraphdd

newbies enjoy Lol, non rehabs with out downs like hon.

Feels like its only a bunch of kids (<15y or ppl with HEAVY brain damage) playing HoN trying to compete and show how good they are. And people actually takes time in game to write and make sure that everyone knows how good/bad that player is.

LoL might not have much better players but its more mature and chill people playing it (I bet at least 4 players hit the bong before playing like me in every game :)

Well overall both games are good, but LoL is more fun seeing how I've been playing dota for a year and its nice with something slightly different.. If I wanted to play dota I would play it and not a ripoff game that copied 80% of the whole game from it.

You should really (and even if it makes me look like a kid) have a cup of stfu :/ .

I play HoN and I enjoy it totally. I tried playing lol but things don't seem right when you can't even deny your own creeps. Where's the skill? You pickup some runes theres a shop, everybody who uses a lot of time can get advantages. In HoN I play 1-2 matches a day and I'm fine and on par with everyone else.

HoN is also the first game with replays which are compatible with any version of the game and can be downloaded through the game or web. You got a totally free camera while viewing replays and you can adjust the speed frmo 1/8 x to 8 x speed.

I still think that mostly "newer" players are going to play LoL and the hardcore community of DotA will switch to HoN.

I just don't see any deep skill in LoL, maybe because I didn't really test it. In HoN theres wards, counter warding, doing kongor for an item that ressurects you instant once, stacking ancient creeps for massive cash, juking, teleporting, jungling etc...

LoL doesn't fit my style of being competetive and comparing your stats, your (kill+assists) to death ratio etc...

But if you enjoy LoL go ahead! But the hardcore players who seek for a competition will probably prefer HoN.

So I kinda think the same way seraphdd thinks but I just make my point in a different way.

And of course HoN copied things from DotA, but they have their own engine and can add things which are not possible in WC3 (stat tracking, certain spells/heroes, auto matchmaking etc...)

You should really try to to look over the rim of a tea cup and see what makes HoN different from DotA and why some of us enjoy HoN more than LoL.

(english is not my native language)

Greetz,

Flo

Well mate i suggest you look up the facts before you complain or make a judgement over LoL..... I know that HoN is the "pro" Solution to the DotA but it didn't impress me...... Yeah the gameplay can be Imba in LoL But the new system allow you to play only with players similair to your self they reworked the ranking system so it's like BG in WoW and you at the most difficult times get opponents thats like 3-4 levles higher than your self.... And the community is at most times noob friendly there are some players QQ'ing but there will allways be that sort of a**holes messing with the game for all the others

• skeith138skeith138 Member Posts: 176

agree LOL is a good DONUT game. did played HOR and LOCO and didn't like both at all.

EDIT: blizzard is coming u with its owned dota game called 'BLIZZARD DOTA" while ICEFROG team up with steam to make another DONUT game called "DOTA 2"

blizzard dota:  http://www.dota-utilities.com/2010/10/blizzard-dota-for-starcraft-2-announced.html

steam dota "dota 2"   http://www.gameinformer.com/b/features/archive/2010/10/13/dota-2-announced-details.aspx?resubmit

BTW: here are the new CHEAT imitation of DONUTS from E3 this year:

http://massively.joystiq.com/2011/06/11/not-so-massively-e3-was-full-of-interweb-games/

• TheDevilDKTheDevilDK Member Posts: 2

Well there a many spit oppinions on the subject but we can all agree that we Loooooove DotA Like games right?

• DragonantisDragonantis Member UncommonPosts: 974

I would say League of Legends, ive tried most of the DOTA games currently availible i found LoL to be the best.

• typervadertypervader Member Posts: 7

I have played LoL more, as the first game i played on HoN, they made me leave. Also, the one real reson why i dont like HoN(yea really), is no camra lock. Plus LoL has more champaions, wish i like. But dont take my adivce, its up to you, but i say start with a free game before you do a pay one.

• GiochimmoGiochimmo Member UncommonPosts: 11

I love HoN. I'm a player since the closed beta.

• Matticus75Matticus75 Member UncommonPosts: 396

DEMIGOD, hands down the best

• CastillleCastillle Member UncommonPosts: 2,679

Holy Necrosis bro!

My vote goes to LoL/Smite/Dota 2.  Hon has no place now that getting a dota 2 key is as easy as 1 - 2 - 3

''/\/\'' Posted using Iphone bunni
    ( o.o)
    (")(")
    **This bunny was cloned from bunnies belonging to Gobla and is part of the Quizzical Fanclub and the The Marvelously Meowhead Fan Club**

• ZooceZooce Member Posts: 586

LoL

• A1D3NA1D3N Member UncommonPosts: 276

HoN is the best out of them all by bar, and yes i have played them all, and stuck with hon

Currently Playing:
    ...... :(

• I prefer League of Legends purely because the gameplay feels more "slick" and because the graphical style makes it easier to see what's going on. I think it would be an improvement to do away with the rune/mastery system altogether, though.

Another thing I like about League of Legends is how the champions have a lot of character. Dota 2 for example feels quite soulless to me as the heroes feel like generic remakes.

• SilacoidSilacoid Member UncommonPosts: 237

I've been loving Smite, the different camera view is a nice change.

• itsTortitsTort Member UncommonPosts: 125

Kinda funny looking at this thread, so many people said HoN a few years ago; before LoL was in it's prime. After playing both HoN and LoL; League takes the cake by far. 

HoN is nothing but a clunky mess of catastrophe.

• CastillleCastillle Member UncommonPosts: 2,679
    Originally posted by Axxar

I prefer League of Legends purely because the gameplay feels more "slick" and because the graphical style makes it easier to see what's going on. I think it would be an improvement to do away with the rune/mastery system altogether, though.

Another thing I like about League of Legends is how the champions have a lot of character. Dota 2 for example feels quite soulless to me as the heroes feel like generic remakes.

I love LoLs characters.  They tend to have such a well thought out backstory with each champion affecting the others and such. DOTA, however seems to have none of that.  I remember the first few heroes of DOTA were like...near  ripoffs of WC3 cahracter ppl n stuff! :O

It also feels a lot more responsive compared to Dota 2.

''/\/\'' Posted using Iphone bunni
    ( o.o)
    (")(")
    **This bunny was cloned from bunnies belonging to Gobla and is part of the Quizzical Fanclub and the The Marvelously Meowhead Fan Club**

• CeldainCeldain Member UncommonPosts: 119

ironically lol has the biggest competitive scene by far

• spades07spades07 Member UncommonPosts: 852

LoL is even better now, its got a second mode called Dominion which is like perhaps one of the WoW battlegrounds. It also has a pretty mean player vs minions mode. And a very large number of champions.
    Where I criticise it though- lacks voice chat, lacks guilds, champions require more and more play-time get new ones, it's turrets are pretty uninspiring, it's dota mode needs more variety, it's game doesn't have enough real teamplay.

I think it's the best out there for new players who've never experienced dota. It's got the pedigree of ex-Blizzard designers at the helm who are behind most of the very original champions.

However, I'd keep an eye out for Blizzard's new dota coming on Starcraft 2. Some of the stuff they've wrote about it- they've analysed parts of dota's gameplay and reckon they can make it better.

• GellorruthGellorruth Member Posts: 14
    The best DOTA game out now is DOTA 2, got a key to play and forgoten all about LOL

Enter the world of Magic Earth, dragona.sc.gameclub.com

• nagawaranagawara Member Posts: 32

LoL ofc

the numbers speaks for themself....its the most played game in the world even surpass WoW

Cant post link cause last time i did that i was banned.

but anw its LoL for me

• Frazy123Frazy123 Member UncommonPosts: 22
    Best moba is clearly, Awesomenauts!