Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2045MB update, and no graphics fixes!?!?!

hidden1hidden1 Member UncommonPosts: 1,244

Incredibly, after such an update, they have not addressed the graphics issues.  Mainly, why this game looks like it's 7 years old.  To say the graphics are outdated is an understatement.  I hope in future updates, they will address this.

I will hold off on giving a review as of yet, as I usually like to get to level 30 in any MMORPG before doing so.  For now I am level 13 Kujix Magus and have a way to go, but I couldn't resist on commenting on the graphics as they are prevalent from level 1.

... all I'm saying is that better be addressed, if they want to compete with other current MMORPGs.

Comments

• drbaltazardrbaltazar Member UncommonPosts: 7,856

its on par with the average mmo out there i think since they tube is so low quality its hard to judge its all blurry.

• hidden1hidden1 Member UncommonPosts: 1,244
    Originally posted by drbaltazar

its on par with the average mmo out there i think since they tube is so low quality its hard to judge its all blurry.

Well I guess I'm comparing it to how AION looks, and even DF, and ... dare I say Hellgate.  I can't believe a game like Hellgate, using DX9, still looks better in the models and rendering.  Heck the toons has reflective surfacing, metalic armor peices, that had that shine and bling bling to them  ... Come to think of it, the old Codemasters/CCR RF Online seems to have better models and rendering.

Well I just hope they will update the graphics in the near future, and that as it currently stands, this game may just flop because of it's outdated look (outdated in both character/npc and world/background graphics.)  But again I'll stick it out till around to 30 to give a full review like I did w/ AoC and AION when they came out... just to be fair.

• BloodaxesBloodaxes Member EpicPosts: 4,662

BBUT they wanted to make it similar to world of warcraft so people would find it less tedious to get into the game.

Originally posted by bloodaxes

BBUT they wanted to make it similar to world of warcraft so people would find it less tedious to get into the game.

?? Not following you here bloodaxes... What does wanting better graphics models and rendering have to do with being less tedious? 

They can make a WoW clone, that's fine, I'm okay with that, and even copy the artstyle, but I'm talking about graphics technologies.  Currently the game model textures look flat, and have no reflective surfacing.  The world looks equally as flat and... I remeber a part where there's mist in this area where the Balanite Organs are at that have a flat, static mist texture... yes static as it mist that doesn't move at all.  It's basically a flat, transparent texture to try and fool the player that it's mist.  Again I don't want to get too detailed here as I'm trying to hold off on giving a full review when my magus is level 30 just to be fair.

• BloodaxesBloodaxes Member EpicPosts: 4,662
    Originally posted by hidden1

Originally posted by bloodaxes

?? Not following you here bloodaxes... What does wanting better graphics models and rendering have to do with being less tedious? 

They can make a WoW clone, that's fine, I'm okay with that, and even copy the artstyle, but I'm talking about graphics technologies.  Currently the game model textures look flat, and have no reflective surfacing.  The world looks equally as flat and... I remeber a part where there's mist in this area where the Balanite Organs are at that have a flat, static mist texture... yes static as it mist that doesn't move at all.  It's basically a flat, transparent texture to try and fool the player that it's mist.  Again I don't want to get too detailed here as I'm trying to hold off on giving a full review when my magus is level 30 just to be fair.

What I mean is graphics is their less concern atm they better release more innovative stuff to do or at least fun stuff to do that are not already in wow because me and many say why play a buggy game which has almost badly working features when I can play the original with working features?

If it was a F2P I wouldn't say anything of course but they made it a P2P and that was a big problem. For me it shows the devs don't have imagination even runes of magic and 4story/gates of andaron are wow clones but they don't look exactly like it, have same UI and only have 1-2 features different plus these are F2P not P2P so we can justify them.

• DethnobleDethnoble Member Posts: 419

Artwork costs a ton of money.  You cannot produce AAA quality artwork without having AAA level money.   One argument I fully agreed with, against Alganon, was the fact they were charging $40 and $15(sub) for the game, which is essentially AAA pricing.  Smartly, they reduced that to $20 to buy and $10 a month for sub which I think is fair now.

You won't be getting those graphics updates unless Alganon can start pulling in some large subscription numbers.  Atm, from what I've been reading, that isn't happening so the only areas of updates you'll mostly see are fixes/minor content updates.

splat

Originally posted by Dethnoble

Artwork costs a ton of money.  You cannot produce AAA quality artwork without having AAA level money.   One argument I fully agreed with, against Alganon, was the fact they were charging $40 and $15(sub) for the game, which is essentially AAA pricing.  Smartly, they reduced that to $20 to buy and $10 a month for sub which I think is fair now.
    You won't be getting those graphics updates unless Alganon can start pulling in some large subscription numbers.  Atm, from what I've been reading, that isn't happening so the only areas of updates you'll mostly see are fixes/minor content updates.

Argh that sucks to hear.  But I agree if that's the case then... now I feel like I'm wasting my time on this, just hit level 15 (half-way to my first review on this game)... I may just give up on it, and not bother w/ a review then.

I have to appologize but I'm a bit of a graphics whore, and I need that eye candy graphics to hook me in, then I get deep into the game mechanics.

Well, as of now, they are shutting servers down for "hotfix" that's happenning as of this posting...

Though I appreciate the truth on that, I am disappointed and a bit diswayed about sticking it out till 30...