Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

READ FIRST: Phishing e-mails

2»

Comments

• ElderRatElderRat Member CommonPosts: 899
    Yea, amazingly  i get them for both WoW, played a free trial once, and for Runescape - never played.  My attitude on both is go ahead and block my either cancelled or non-existent account.

Currently bored with MMO's.

• ghostfaeriesghostfaeries Member UncommonPosts: 89
    Originally posted by Mdpats

Is it me or did more and more phishing scams occur when they merged accounts with Battle.net?

I noticed this too. I get a lot more emails in my spam box. I never open emails from Blizzard really. usually the fake ones are misspelled. I recently got an account notice for Diablo 3 and I don't even play it. lol

• lootdudehahalootdudehaha Member Posts: 8
    i recommend you guys use gmail, its anti spam system is fabulous, lol, i never get any of those goddamn phishing emails since i turned to gmail, btw, im not advertising! so dont report me
  • PurutzilPurutzil Member UncommonPosts: 3,048

I don't see why you ever would need help telling this stuff. Is quite obvious when it comes to any of this account details. Very rarely is there ever a phishing email that can usually make an aware person question its legitamacy. 

If you have your head on you right and your not the type to fall for the plea of a nigerian prince for money or any other rather 'odd' responses that seem out of place, specially from email addresses that look quite bogus, your likely going to never even have to question them.