Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Didn't this game used to be F2P? What happened?

ScyrisScyris Member UncommonPosts: 149
I am sure I remember Ryzom being F2P because thats when I opened an account, when did it switch back to p2p?

Comments

• maskedweaselmaskedweasel Member LegendaryPosts: 12,180

Only the starter area was F2P.. it was like an unlimited free trial.. in the starter area.. at least thats how I remember it.

• MariannMariann Member Posts: 200

From August 17, 2008 to May 4, 2009 the game was F2P because it was changing ownership.

Moonlightmist

• sekrogsekrog Member Posts: 261
    Originally posted by Scyris

I am sure I remember Ryzom being F2P because thats when I opened an account, when did it switch back to p2p?

When someone decided that it's a better business model to actually MAKE money.  I mean c'mon, there's no stupid Item Shop or Station Cash here, and it's hard to keep a business operating without cash.

• MariannMariann Member Posts: 200
    Originally posted by sekrog

When someone decided that it's a better business model to actually MAKE money.  I mean c'mon, there's no stupid Item Shop or Station Cash here, and it's hard to keep a business operating without cash.

Since change of ownership, there have been patches to fix some of the bugs that irritated players to no end.  Plus there is new content and events.

Moonlightmist

• Rockgod99Rockgod99 Member Posts: 4,640

Yeah it was F2p for a time while the new company was setting up billing systems.

Imo Ryzom is a fantastic game and it would have been a waste to keep it F2p.

It's much higher quality that any game on the f2p market that was originally planned as a f2p game.

Playing: Rift, LotRO
    Waiting on: GW2, BP