Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looks Like There are Free SWG Vet Trials Available for Feb 1 - Mar 1

13»

Comments

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183

Well my primary report is a bit positive, I really don't know if it's the game itself or other MMO's that makes me feel that way. It was quite nice playing a game that is wide open and offers plenty of choice in things to do.

The players I came across were talkative and helpful, as always with SWG. The new features they've added are quite nice as well, even the new PVP stuff looks good.

My favorite addition is the appearance tab though, as well as the chronicle stuff. I'll continue on, didn't notice any type of hitching or screen lag my fps stayed at a steady 60FPS at most times. Stability is definitely not an issue at this point, now if there were just more people. I'm considering moving my main to starstrider actually.

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• SteamRangerSteamRanger Member UncommonPosts: 920

After being unable to install the client without giving payment information, I went back and filtered through this thread. I didn't see the fine print about the Jan 2007 cutoff. Apparently, they aren't interested in people who stopped playing due to the NGE and haven't been back. So much for confidence in their product. Screw you, SOE.

Uninstalling Station Launcher now.

"Soloists and those who prefer small groups should never have to feel like they''re the ones getting the proverbial table scraps, as it were." - Scott Hartsman, Senior Producer, Everquest II
    "People love groups. Its a fallacy that people want to play solo all the time." - Scott Hartsman, Executive Producer, Rift

• PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    Originally posted by Malickie

Well my primary report is a bit positive, I really don't know if it's the game itself or other MMO's that makes me feel that way. It was quite nice playing a game that is wide open and offers plenty of choice in things to do.
    The players I came across were talkative and helpful, as always with SWG. The new features they've added are quite nice as well, even the new PVP stuff looks good.
    My favorite addition is the appearance tab though, as well as the chronicle stuff. I'll continue on, didn't notice any type of hitching or screen lag my fps stayed at a steady 60FPS at most times. Stability is definitely not an issue at this point, now if there were just more people. I'm considering moving my main to starstrider actually.

Looks like the activations were a bit delayed, but.. my accounts are active again.. downloaded today and will have a look at it tomorrow (have to work sometime after all!!)  be interesting to see what changes have occurred in the last few months, the only problem is my char is hated by both rebel and imp.. -2500 and -5000 respectively.. at least jabba likes me (+5000) i guess being neutral (?) makes it a bit hard to pvp - looks like the 3rd faction thing still isnt sorted out...

• krazedkaozkrazedkaoz Member Posts: 17

You couldn't pay me to play SWG. Theres alot better games out there to play while I wait on TOR.

Originally posted by Phry

Looks like the activations were a bit delayed, but.. my accounts are active again.. downloaded today and will have a look at it tomorrow (have to work sometime after all!!)  be interesting to see what changes have occurred in the last few months, the only problem is my char is hated by both rebel and imp.. -2500 and -5000 respectively.. at least jabba likes me (+5000) i guess being neutral (?) makes it a bit hard to pvp - looks like the 3rd faction thing still isnt sorted out...

I was actually reading something about some form of PVP for neutrals in the new system.

Found it taken from the MMORPG.com GCW interview.

"Other new key features include Factional Mercenaries, which gives neutral players a chance to choose a side and take part in city invasions, and, of course, tons of great new rewards and in-game items"

• TUX426TUX426 Member Posts: 1,907
    I was actually reading something about some form of PVP for neutrals in the new system.
    "Other new key features include Factional Mercenaries, which gives neutral players a chance to choose a side and take part in city invasions, and, of course, tons of great new rewards and in-game items"

While it's better than nothing, it's really little more than removing the "wait" from going Reb or Imp. It's not a "mercenary" faction. TBH, if you like PvP you'd be a fool not to be "neutral".

Originally posted by TUX426

While it's better than nothing, it's really little more than removing the "wait" from going Reb or Imp. It's not a "mercenary" faction. TBH, if you like PvP you'd be a fool not to be "neutral".

In normal situations I'd agree, however you have to consider most who are playing have been doing so for years as a part of a given faction. There's more to it to them than the ability to PVP at anytime. It's evident in how many skirmishes I ran into last night between rebs and imps, for a game reaching 7 years in age there was quite a bit of activity, this was late at night BTW.

(Off topic) Comparing Bloodfin to Tyranny in AOC I'd say there's quite a bit more population wise. There's a lot more going on that's for sure anyway.

I'm bordering on going back to SWG as a main game right now. It's a hard decision of course, given the history clouding the game, and my personal feelings toward what went down. However, when I compare what is in galaxies to what else is out there right now, there is just nothing as open ended as SWG IMO.

Last night all I did was explore old locations (some have had nice make-overs). Rode around on my mount out on endor, dathomir and Yavin. I haven't had that much fun in an MMO in years. I think a lot of those wounds I carried have just gone away, I saw the game differently while playing last night.

Sure the feeling that it would be much better with a pre-cu style character building system, was in the back of my mind at times. Which if it did there would be absolutely no contender to this game IMO. There's just so much to this game it boggles my mind why no one has tried recreating something like it.

Sorry went off on a series of thoughts most of this wasn't really a reply to your post.

• onetruthonetruth Member Posts: 100

Seven years later and still no smuggler/Hutt/Black Sun/criminal faction eh?

Pity, but totally predictable.

• hundejahrehundejahre Member Posts: 339

Originally posted by Ripper
    I'd rather stick hot needles into my eyelids then go back.

You can probably find a very nice set of crafted hot needles from the SOE Live Gamer Exchange.

• TeknoBugTeknoBug Member UncommonPosts: 2,156

lol again? I just had a trial back in Dec... they're getting desperate aren't they.

• ArcAngel3ArcAngel3 Member Posts: 2,931
    Originally posted by sookster54

lol again? I just had a trial back in Dec... they're getting desperate aren't they.

Well you know, big GCW update and release of a sci-fi competitor; namely Star Trek Online.   STO has its own set of difficulties though, making it less of a threat imo.

Smed can be thankful that Roper seems to be reading from the same manual on how to screw your customers via RMT in a subscription based game.

• JestorRodoJestorRodo Member UncommonPosts: 2,642

Originally posted by onetruth
    Seven years later and still no smuggler/Hutt/Black Sun/criminal faction eh?
    Pity, but totally predictable.

As Far as Smugglers go SWG jumped the Shark when they took the spice trade away in The NGE because it was so Drug like....Lame.

Unaware of the Jestor?
    http://about.me/JestorRodo/

Friends enjoy his classic Vblog - https://www.facebook.com/GoodOldReliableNathan

• DovregubbenDovregubben Member UncommonPosts: 18

Never considered logging in. Everyone I've played with, just about anyone I've ever known IG, they are all long gone. Game mechanics and balance are horrible, most content seem aimed at preteens and the game really offer nothing anymore, if it ever did, towards the PvP side of the game which was what I played for. After having played DFO for a year, SWG PvP isn't an option.

I did log in to forums though, only to get my remaining accounts banned forever. Don't really care much. I've had alot of fun in Star Wars Galaxies but it will never become more than a mere shadow of what it could have been. Once you accept that, it's easy to let go.

I'll never log into the game again.