Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looks Like There are Free SWG Vet Trials Available for Feb 1 - Mar 1

KazaraKazara Member UncommonPosts: 1,086

In honor of the most recent game update, the GCW Revamp GU-15, $OE is inviting veteran players back for the four week  period of February 1st to March 1st.

Here is the official announcement -

starwarsgalaxies.station.sony.com/galacticcivilwar/

Comments

• TUX426TUX426 Member Posts: 1,907

Even for "free", I think I'll pass. ;)

• KazaraKazara Member UncommonPosts: 1,086
    Originally posted by TUX426

I understand. I just wanted to make the announcement, not a recommendation or condemnation.  Since I have SWG already loaded on an old computer, I will brave yet another return to refresh my perspective on SWG.

• grandpagamergrandpagamer Member Posts: 2,221

Four weeks is a generous offer.

• jadan2000jadan2000 Member UncommonPosts: 508

i am gonn try it. i dotn think im gonna get back into SWG. Ive done so much on this game, and havent ben back in aout 2 years, so i dont know if i will want to join the community again, but i can say honestly ive never had more fun then i had in SWG.

• Esquire1980Esquire1980 Member UncommonPosts: 568

Probably will be busy in ST:O.

• JestorRodoJestorRodo Member UncommonPosts: 2,642

Yes this is to snag Some business from STO.... Good luck with that.

Unaware of the Jestor?
    http://about.me/JestorRodo/

Friends enjoy his classic Vblog - https://www.facebook.com/GoodOldReliableNathan

• NeblessNebless Member RarePosts: 1,835

Wow 4 weeks.  That's one heck of a trial period, if I did still have it on a computer I'd do it just to wander around a bit but you know even with my oldest willing to pay for the sub my 15 yr old took a pass as even he knows it just isn't a game worth playing now.

- Edit: so after I log out here I check my e-mails and lo and behold there's my SWG trial offer!  LOL!  I haven't been following the game for a while now but darn if that GCW invasion stuff doesn't sound interesting.  I just might have to download it after all and check it out.

As one of the few players now with a 'Dev Content Dearic Invasion' badge from 2004 I just might hang around Dearic and see how the new invasion compares to the old one.

And what can I say; I'm a sucker for free play time.

SWG (pre-cu) - AoC (pre-f2p) - PotBS (pre-boarder) - DDO - LotRO (pre-f2p) - STO (pre-f2p) - GnH (beta tester) - SWTOR - Neverwinter

Originally posted by JestorRodo

STO AND Mass Effect 2 tbh ;)

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183

Well I must say a free month is a very nice offer. Might actually take them up on that, since I'm not into an MMO right now. I think it's far better than the space/ground alternative releasing Feb 2nd.

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• ArcAngel3ArcAngel3 Member Posts: 2,931
    Originally posted by Kazara

I understand. I just wanted to make the announcement, not a recommendation or condemnation.  Since I have SWG already loaded on an old computer, I will brave yet another return to refresh my perspective on SWG.

Let us know how you find things Kazzie, and thanks for the heads up.

• majorsmerkmajorsmerk Member UncommonPosts: 9

Not quite free if your characters were on one of the servers that got merged.

• seabeastseabeast Member Posts: 748

Originally posted by JestorRodo

STO AND Mass Effect 2 tbh ;)

And BF bad company 2

• donjuanamigodonjuanamigo Member Posts: 256

ill be giving it a run. im not playing anything currently now anyway and ill take a free month anytime.

• BurntvetBurntvet Member RarePosts: 3,465

I couldn't even bring myself to log in, after the first week or so of the last vet trial. I don't expect this time to be any different....

• RipperRipper Member UncommonPosts: 5

I'd rather stick hot needles into my eyelids then go back.

• BullseyeArc1BullseyeArc1 Member UncommonPosts: 410
    Originally posted by donjuanamigo

ill be giving it a run. im not playing anything currently now anyway and ill take a free month anytime.

No kiddin who can pass up free time, I just had a long run of free time, EQ2, AOC, EVE.   And now Im getting some free time for all my deactivated accounts on SWG.    

• barezzbarezz Member UncommonPosts: 147

I have about half a second of temptation before I remember that there are now zombies in SWG. 

No way. 

moved to the GU15 Review thread

SWG (pre-cu) - AoC (pre-f2p) - PotBS (pre-boarder) - DDO - LotRO (pre-f2p) - STO (pre-f2p) - GnH (beta tester) - SWTOR - Neverwinter

• PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    Originally posted by Nebless

Well thanks to my oldest I've got a paid sub that'll go into the free vet time so I was able to get on early.
    I now know why you get 4 weeks free play time as it took all my evening just finding where all my crap was scattered about at and re-setting up my toon.  Probably would have gone quicker if my son hadn't robbed half my stuff to use as decorations in my house, his house, his ship etc..... LOL!  Now I need to do my alt hahaha.  I'd forgotten what a time sink just doing the simple stuff was.
    Haven't made it to any of the cities yet so this is from what he's seen;  gank squads are roaming the surrounding player cities looking for enemy players logging in at the shuttle ports.  If they come in SF, than gank them there and if not they follow them into the city so they can't do any of the invasion missions (I'm guessing that means you have to go SF to do the missions).  Once the invasion timer kicks in then the other side is out of the city and you can start setting up.  He's done a couple of the fights and it is very laggy (SS server) and if a triple row buffed player doesn't kill you then there's always the lvl 110 elite NPC's attacking / defending.
    Really sounds like all they did was set up the cities as timered battlegrounds vice the pre-CU live event NPC / Player invasions.  He said they kind of feel like those battle droid invasions they'd run against Theed a few years back that would turn into massive Pvp furballs.
    I stumbled across it once but it seems the cities are on a 3 hour cycle and then you get 30min to build defenses and then 30min of fighting before it goes back to the 3 hour calm and then starts over again.
    Doesn't sound much like I was hoping for, more like the Restuess BG just moved around to different planets.  Well we'll see this weekend.

Sounds like its not all that.... i might give it a try if its free, only question is... can i be bothered to download the software again....

• clipwhiteclipwhite Member Posts: 28

The only thing you are required to be SF (pvp enabled) for is to kill the General in the defending city.

Originally posted by Ripper 
    I'd rather stick hot needles into my eyelids then go back.

LOL! 

Originally posted by Phry

Sounds like its not all that.... i might give it a try if its free, only question is... can i be bothered to download the software again....

I was actually pleasantly surprised by this as it only took 6 hours for me.  Did it right when I went to bed and it was ready when I got up the next day.

moved to the GU15 Review thread

moved to the GU15 thread

• Greymantle4Greymantle4 Member UncommonPosts: 809

TERMS AND CONDITIONS

* This offer, and the period of free game-play described in this offer, expires on March 1, 2010 at 11:59 PM PST. This offer is only available for former Star Wars Galaxies accounts that were active between January 1, 2007 and November 30, 2009. It is not available for accounts closed before January 1, 2007, accounts closed after November 30, 2009, current Star Wars Galaxies or Station Access accounts or for accounts that were banned or were not in good standing when its Star Wars Galaxies or Station Access subscription previously expired or was terminated.

That leaves me out and here i was after all this time going to give it a try again.