Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Don't buy Gold!!!!!! and this is just a temporary CC and Paypal Block everyone knows it.

giantsquidgiantsquid Runes of Magic CorrespondentNorth Canton, OHPosts: 118Member

All this is, is a temporary block.  It's like, "We found a major bug, so we'll shut servers down for a few days to fix it".

The difference here, is that Frogster has had fraud problems, on and off since open beta.  Pretty much anyone who's been following the game updates have seen this since a year ago.

They've announced several times that it is just until they can find a better 3rd Party company for fraud protection.  It happened before, then they turned it back on.  So now, again, they are turning it off, and will turn it back on when the problem is rectified.

This is nothing new.

It's simply unfortunate that so many players commit fraud.  It is a problem both with goldbuyers/sellers, and with players.

We wouldn't have goldbuyers, if they didn't have anyone to sell to.  This is a bad practice, and is "illegal" according to any games terms of service.  For good reasons too.  It ruins game economies.  Bringing in an outside unlimited source into the game economy will make it unstable.

This is a major problem, and no one is talking about it because everyone is a closet case.  Many do it, and of course none of them are going to say anything.  So goldspammers continue to plague games, because the players continue to buy.  The goldsellers wouldn't continue to spam if there was no market(I.E. buyers), and no one is happy with the garbage spam in game yet the players will never own up to it.

I find it humorous.  It seems rather sad that players are actually going this route instead of just playing a game.  It says a lot about how pathetic you have to be to do this, along with all the hacking and botting.  Yet of course, everyone will stay quiet, because it's a major player-side caused problem.

Blizzard, and Massively have both covered this topic extensively.  So rumors abound, but they are all false, and the only real problem is simple.  It's because players are buying the gold.

On top of that Blizzard found an alarming and direct correlation between account hacks and gold buyers.  In almost every case of a player saying they were hacked, it turned out they had recently bought gold from a goldseller.

So really, most of the time players in game forums cry about it, the most likely reasons are, they shared their account info, or bought gold form a 3rd party goldseller.

I honestly don't care what's said in opposition to my rant about it, because it is very alarming to me, and it is all the truth, and nothing but the truth.

Tagged:

Comments

• True, but it's so much more fun to just say "Frogster sucks" and whine about them on gamer forums.

• giantsquidgiantsquid Runes of Magic Correspondent North Canton, OHPosts: 118Member
    Originally posted by Sixpax

True, but it's so much more fun to just say "Frogster sucks" and whine about them on gamer forums.

Yes, Thank you for being the one to give me the refreshing take on things.  I guess I, like many, end up getting a little upset, and not always staying focused.

In light of that, I guess I can't be made if anyone said "I suck" lol.

Oh, the ups and downs of gamer forums(or any forum, for that matter).

• ElgrumPirateElgrumPirate GdanskPosts: 52Member Uncommon

Originally posted by giantsquid All this is, is a temporary block.  It's like, "We found a major bug, so we'll shut servers down for a few days to fix it".
    They've announced several times that it is just until they can find a better 3rd Party company for fraud protection.  It happened before, then they turned it back on.  So now, again, they are turning it off, and will turn it back on when the problem is rectified.

I would not expect this judging from history. Let's see, first you could use freely diamonds bought via cc or paypal, you could even sell/transfer CS items, you could sell diamonds on AH, but after some time Frogster put 30 days block for diamonds bought using cc/paypal (no selling diamonds on AH on that time) and all CS items are bound, so not tradeable anymore, later all diamonds bought via cc/paypal are locked forever. Will it be reverted? Till now, all changes were to made just more restrictions, not less. I would not put false hope for fast change.

It's simply unfortunate that so many players commit fraud.  It is a problem both with goldbuyers/sellers, and with players.
    We wouldn't have goldbuyers, if they didn't have anyone to sell to. 

But what about players, who have money, but have limited time, when can play. Gathering gear and stats (which are needed for high lvl places) takes lots of time on instances grind, so if you have money, why not just use this money to buy some items from other players and than use your gaming time for more interesting things, than grinding for gear?
    If you are honest player, you can just buy diamonds and sell them on AH to other players, than you have gold for stats/gear (previously, you could even buy gear in AH for diamonds, not available anymore). Looks easy? but in reality, Frogster made it impossible. First, diamonds locking for most popular buying methods, so you cannot use diamonds in Ah anymore if you want just use cc or paypal. Ok, you bought diamonds using other way, you put diamonds in AH and ... you cannot sell them. There is limit of 500 transactions shown in AH and gold sellers use this, making hundreds of useless transactions there, so even if you put there diamonds for sale, noone can see your auction, as it will be hidden by 500 "buy 1 gold for 1 diamond" false auctions.
    In result, lost of players, which posses money, but don't have lots of time for playing, will use gold-sellers, as is only available method to exchange real money for ingame gold.