Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

So...what is Richard Garriott up to these days?

13»

Comments

• KordeshKordesh Member Posts: 1,715

He's pretty much caved and is now shitting bricks for the bs "social gaming" facebook market. In other words he's officially left actual  gaming and gone into marketing. 

Bans a perma, but so are sigs in necro posts.

EAT ME MMORPG.com!

• barezzbarezz Member UncommonPosts: 147

I never played UO, so all of my experience with Richard Garriott is based on Tabula Rasa.  That game had so much potential, but like so many recent MMO's it fell short.  Tabual Rasa just didn't get the benefit of the months of catch up development time that games like AoC got.

As far as I am concerned, Garriott isn't a visonary to me.  His next project could be called "Richard Garriott's Steaming Pile of Crap" for all I care.

• WraithoneWraithone Member RarePosts: 3,806

Originally posted by Kordesh

He's pretty much caved and is now shitting bricks for the bs "social gaming" facebook market. In other words he's officially left actual  gaming and gone into marketing. 

Do you have any idea how much money those social gaming sites are pulling in?  I have no interest in farmville and its ilk, but they are certainly profitable.

"If you can't kill it, don't make it mad."
  • RokurgeptaRokurgepta Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 2,136

Originally posted by barezz

I never played UO, so all of my experience with Richard Garriott is based on Tabula Rasa.  That game had so much potential, but like so many recent MMO's it fell short.  Tabual Rasa just didn't get the benefit of the months of catch up development time that games like AoC got.

As far as I am concerned, Garriott isn't a visonary to me.  His next project could be called "Richard Garriott's Steaming Pile of Crap" for all I care.

Tabula Rasa spent so much time in development it should have been a more complete title at release then an AOC or most other games.

• RokurgeptaRokurgepta Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 2,136

Originally posted by Wraithone

Originally posted by Kordesh

Do you have any idea how much money those social gaming sites are pulling in?  I have no interest in farmville and its ilk, but they are certainly profitable.

DO they make money? Yes. Are they real games? Not in my opinion. If that is RGs next project I will not be supporting him with my money.