Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Any help with this?

WSIMikeWSIMike Member Posts: 5,564

Hey all...

So I decided to come back and check out Ryzom again, see how it's doing, etc... Been kinda wanting for a more RPG-ish MMO lately and I know Ryzom is definitely up that alley.

However, here's the problem I'm having - I can't seem to resubscribe. I'm going through Bibit, and for some reason it keeps refusing the transaction.

I've been going over this with their customer support and thus far they haven't been able to nail down what's happening. Here's what's been tested and ruled out:

1. Correct CC info - check.

2. Correct billing info (address, etc) - check

3. Router interfering - nope; happens even without a router in the mix

4. Bank might not support international transactions - asked, and they do

5. Enough funds to make the purchase - indeed; more than enough

6. Card type supported? Yep, Mastercard

Those are the things I've checked so far. None are the reason it's not working.

The last email I received from their support shows a screenshot with a checkbox at the bottom giving the option to cancel my current subscription which, apparently, would then prompt me to enter new credit card information. I don't have that checkbox, however.... which is kinda odd. If it's a normal part of the customer info section, you'd think it should be there for everyone. That *might* have something to do with it.

So... does anyone have any ideas of what else it might be? Perhaps you had a similar problem and found the solution? Might help to cut out some of the "back-and-forth" with support... Not to knock them, they've been responsive... but if I can find the solution quicker otherwise, why not try, right?

Thanks...

"If you just step away for a sec you will clearly see all the pot holes in the road,
and the cash shop selling asphalt..."
- Mimzel on F2P/Cash Shops

Comments

• GilgameeshGilgameesh Member UncommonPosts: 412

When you try to resubscribe, do you entered new credit card info? Just looking the CC info there can eventually hide some problem with Bibit tramsaction

I suppose, if you have not entered the credit card info, that something went wrong in your old account information during the passage from the old to the new owners.

Not having the checkbox is normal because you are not currently subbed, so nothing to cancel.

Ask the support if they can reset manually your credit card info, giving you the ability to set a new one.

Anyway, if you have entered the credit card info and something goes wrong, it's even possible that's a Bibit problem. Not sure if you can inquire them directly or need the support doing it for you.

Another possible solution, to avoid to lose your old characters, is to create a new account and, once you have a sib working correctly there, ask for a transfer of the characters from the old to the new one. Of course you have to ask the support if this is really possible for them to do.

Nickname registered on www.mynickname.org

• WSIMikeWSIMike Member Posts: 5,564
    Originally posted by Gilgameesh

When you try to resubscribe, do you entered new credit card info? Just looking the CC info there can eventually hide some problem with Bibit tramsaction
    I suppose, if you have not entered the credit card info, that something went wrong in your old account information during the passage from the old to the new owners.
    Not having the checkbox is normal because you are not currently subbed, so nothing to cancel.
    Ask the support if they can reset manually your credit card info, giving you the ability to set a new one.
    Anyway, if you have entered the credit card info and something goes wrong, it's even possible that's a Bibit problem. Not sure if you can inquire them directly or need the support doing it for you.
    Another possible solution, to avoid to lose your old characters, is to create a new account and, once you have a sib working correctly there, ask for a transfer of the characters from the old to the new one. Of course you have to ask the support if this is really possible for them to do.

Thanks, Gilga.

I really don't know what the issue could be. I'm pretty sure I had my account active since the new owners took over as I played it not too long back with a friend who wanted to check it out, and it worked just fine then. Then again, I was using a Visa card instead of a Mastercard.

In any case, I'm going to see if the support has any new suggestions for me... Perhaps I'll send an email asking them to do that and/or contact Bibit and see what they can do.

In the meantime, I have created a new trial account just so I can actually *play* the game again; though my heart's not in doing much because I know I have my main character waiting for me on an account that I can't access :-/. Bummer.

"If you just step away for a sec you will clearly see all the pot holes in the road,

So... I asked in-game and was informed by someone who had the same problem that they had to have their bank allow international transactions on their card... the bank allows them, but has them "disabled" by default sometimes. That might well be the case for me. So, I'll be calling 'em tomorrow to find out.

If that's what it turns out to be, I might make a suggestion to WG to put a sticky up or something for anyone else affected by it.

So thought I'd give a quick update to what the resolution of this issue seems to be...

Basically I'm going to be using gamecards to play Ryzom. For whatever reason, Bibit does not support debit cards and, even though my card can also be used as credit, the processing company automatically recognizes it as debit.

So that's why nothing was working.

So there ya go... Problem solved-ish :)

• CodenakCodenak Member UncommonPosts: 418

mmm it recognised my debit card ok?

Edit: Well debit/credit.