Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Experience thanks

ste2000ste2000 londonPosts: 4,724Member Uncommon

Not a real rant, just a note.

I played AoC at launch for few months, then a year later for a couple of months.

The game is ok, nothing special but it is not so awful like many people say.

My problem with AoC is the lack of longevity.

You get at 80 in less than 2 months, and when you get there, there is nothing that keep you entertained for long.

So when I got my free return offer few weeks ago with the caption "50% experience bonus" (or something along those lines), it made me smile.

The fast leveling is the main reason I left this game and the fact Funcom thinks that offering an experience bonus for a game that takes nothing to level just made me think how clueless some developers are about MMORPGs.

Don't get me wrong, there are people who like those sort of incentives, but I have the funny feeling that people who plays MMORPGs want to play the game for many years not just for few months.

When they launch a server with extremely low leveling and they add much more content to every tier to keep me entertained while I level (to cover the grind), I will give AoC another try.

If they keep aiming this game at ultra casual players, which by definition they are very volatile, they will keep having population problem, no matter how good the game is.

• SabradinSabradin Atlanta, ILPosts: 772Member

in the meantime they're trying to find ways of keeping people interested or playing while they make content in the expansion

yes, you'll have to buy something else to experience what you thought was there to begin with.. but thats life at this point.

Lets hope the expansion isn't vacuous too

vac⋅u⋅ous  /?vækyu?s/ Show Spelled Pronunciation [vak-yoo-uhs] Show IPA

Use vacuous in a Sentence

See images of vacuous

Search vacuous on the Web

1. without contents; empty: the vacuous air.

2. lacking in ideas or intelligence: a vacuous mind.

3. expressing or characterized by a lack of ideas or intelligence; inane; stupid: a vacuous book.

4. purposeless; idle: a vacuous way of life.

I gots faith (some) in the new guy over Gaute.  New guy honestly seems to be listening to what the customer wants, which is a step up from "making what I want", but is a step behind "knowing what the customer wants-but-doesn't-yet-know-they-want-it".  I don't know if Funcom will ever get that.

Just when you think you have all the answers, I change the questions.