Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

Entropia Universe or AfterWorld...

johnmatthaisjohnmatthais Florence, SCPosts: 2,663Member

I've been looking into playing one of them...I want to try out the free-world economy thing they both feature. I just don't know which one is better to go with...

I've heard even a small amount such as $15 goes pretty far in AfterWorld. Does anyone know how far money will take you in Entropia?

Also, from those of you that have played either of them, how enjoyable was the game itself?

Thanks!

John

Comments

• TheHatterTheHatter None, ARPosts: 2,547Member

Idk about Afterworld, but I am pretty sure anything is better than Entropia.

• GTwanderGTwander San Diego, CAPosts: 6,035Member

Not too sure personally, but by all accounts that money will only help Satan finance his pyramid scheme to eat your children, so you might wanna reconsider playing them. This has been a public service announcement.

Writer / Musician / Game Designer

Now Playing: Skyrim, Wurm Online, Tropico 4
    Waiting On: GW2, TSW, Archeage, The Rapture

• johnmatthaisjohnmatthais Florence, SCPosts: 2,663Member

Lol, I may just try AfterWorld again in that case. However, Entropia seemed to have some really interesting things to it, butttt...if it's nigh impossible to play for the money we usually pay for MMOs or for free, then I want nothing to do with it.

The only reason I'd go for AfterWorld is that $10 = 100 AWD. It costs .01 AWD to do most things that even cost to begin with. Wouldn't cost that much. Plus I could make AWD off of what I craft with the original $10. Yeah, AfterWorld gives details.

I haven't found any specifics in player accounts of Entropia Universe.

• Gabby-airGabby-air surrey, BCPosts: 3,440Member Uncommon

Isn't afterworld still in alpha? kinda steep to have everything open and payments happening but still calling it an alpha. IMO afterworld was quite darn boring, mostly deserted and really too much of a waste of time to do anything. Entropia can be fun, but to have fun you better be ready to throw in some big bucks.

• SmoerbleSmoerble FürstenfeldbruckPosts: 8Member

1) You can't compare Afterworld with Entropia: AW is made by one single person in russia, so it will never reach a high quality status (not because russia, but because he is alone doing everything).

2) Entropia aloows you to sell your skills and items any time and withdraw the money directly to your RL bank account. No other game does this world wide. No issues with eBay or something, it's done directly from the game, same rate as you deposit (so no inflate shit like in SecondLife with Linden Dollars or WoW where gold was worth a ton cash at the beginning and now... you know it). Entropia has a solid rate in and out since it started.

About all the Entropia haters:

You can#t play Entropia like any other MMORPG. Even more: if you act in Entropia like you act in WoW, you will loose the 15 US$ in one to two days! You NEED to be careful, extremely careful.

If you want to play an RCE game like Entrpopia, you can loose moeny faster than in RL... I met a guy who just started Entropia a while ago... and in a few months he had higher skills than I after 3 years playing. After 12 months his GF found his bill and forced him to stop. He sold all his stuff and skills and withdrew it. And guess what: he had spent 12000,- €uro and the stuff was worth 6k only.

Now the other side:

I started to play, depositted 50,-€ and after 6 months had stuff (skills not included) worth 230,-€. Two years ago my oldest son joined too, depositted 30,-€ and then 10,-€ each month. He is constantly playing, so the above statement are simply not always true.

The point in Entropia is, that you need to learn about the game BEFORE you buy items. Download it, run around and talk to many people. Sooner or later you find one person who will take care of you, and then you are good to go. But if you just play around trying this or that, you are lost.

MindArk is aware of this problem and will add a tutorial system in the next months, until then: play Entropia only, if you want to play a tough game. If you want something easy to start like WoW, it's definately NOT your way.

• skeltskelt KlaipedaPosts: 5Member
    Originally posted by Smoerble

1) You can't compare Afterworld with Entropia: AW is made by one single person in russia, so it will never reach a high quality status (not because russia, but because he is alone doing everything).
    2) Entropia aloows you to sell your skills and items any time and withdraw the money directly to your RL bank account. No other game does this world wide. No issues with eBay or something, it's done directly from the game, same rate as you deposit (so no inflate shit like in SecondLife with Linden Dollars or WoW where gold was worth a ton cash at the beginning and now... you know it). Entropia has a solid rate in and out since it started.

About all the Entropia haters:
    You can#t play Entropia like any other MMORPG. Even more: if you act in Entropia like you act in WoW, you will loose the 15 US$ in one to two days! You NEED to be careful, extremely careful.
    If you want to play an RCE game like Entrpopia, you can loose moeny faster than in RL... I met a guy who just started Entropia a while ago... and in a few months he had higher skills than I after 3 years playing. After 12 months his GF found his bill and forced him to stop. He sold all his stuff and skills and withdrew it. And guess what: he had spent 12000,- €uro and the stuff was worth 6k only.
    Now the other side:
    I started to play, depositted 50,-€ and after 6 months had stuff (skills not included) worth 230,-€. Two years ago my oldest son joined too, depositted 30,-€ and then 10,-€ each month. He is constantly playing, so the above statement are simply not always true.
    The point in Entropia is, that you need to learn about the game BEFORE you buy items. Download it, run around and talk to many people. Sooner or later you find one person who will take care of you, and then you are good to go. But if you just play around trying this or that, you are lost.
    MindArk is aware of this problem and will add a tutorial system in the next months, until then: play Entropia only, if you want to play a tough game. If you want something easy to start like WoW, it's definately NOT your way.

Amen to that