Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Allod's Online, the best F2P available..

Comments

• banthisbanthis Member Posts: 1,891

I don't know how anyone in their right mind can compare Allods or any F2P game against DDO.  DDO was built as a P2P with a P2P schedule and P2P funding.  It couldn't hack it and after years of trying to hack it went to "Freemium" that automatically puts it in a completely different catagory from games designed as a F2P from the begining.

Compared to most F2P games especially horrorfic asian grinders  Allods is a rather excellent game. Is it some huge massive achievement over current games? No but its offering some pretty damn good gameplay without a Greedy Cash Shop like RoM.  Allod's cash shop is fairly minimal its got some things players will definitely want but they don't appear to be going for the extreme factor like most F2P games.  It seems to be leaning more towards something similiar to DDO.  Stuff you want but it won't stop you from progressing if you ignore it.

I mean Seriously if it wasn't for ROM's cash shop ultra greedy developers it would be considered a good game.  Because of its uber greed...it can burn in hell as far as I'm concerned.

People looking for a good F2P game with WoW style PVE and I'd liken it to a bit of Aion style PVE/PVP when you get mid game should try it out.   If you want Astral Ship PVP with looting at end game..definitely try it out. 

Its like any other game some will hate it simply to hate it, some will dislike it because it doesn't offer enough to do in the early levels and some will like it for what it is.

• notsurenotsure Member Posts: 39
    Originally posted by Giddian

Originally posted by notsure

Graphicly the game is much better than any f2p out there and comes close to some p2p.

DDO blows it away graphically. By far.

Problem with that is DDO didint start as a f2p it cant even be compared to the rest.Its like comparing most p2p to f2p of course they will look alot better but they didint have the same ressources to work with , although il admit its a shame some f2p who do well dont put up a better product out there.

• Frostbite05Frostbite05 Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,880

Originally posted by Worf

cyandk,

Well, we got another retard in the house.

WTF is YOUR problem?

I posted my experience in the game... leave it at that.

You have the right to state your opinion... Please do so WITHOUT the flamewars or character assassinations.

The camera angles DID suck... the game play was horrid... lag caused the game to be unplayable.

What part of that did you NOT understand?

While my PC isn't the latest and greatest it plays most games very very well... the internet connection is NOT the issue either.

Perhaps ALLODS has fixed things since I looked at it... but it is too late for me to play test it again.

While ALLODS looked nice, ALLODS at the time I played it was not ready for PRE-ALPHA online testing.

>:

To be honest I had none of those issues while playing. The camera angles are the same as any other run of the mill mmo. The game play is different for sure but I kinda like not having an auto attack feature makes you have to think a tad bit more. Also for most theres practically no lag. That may be due to your own computer or internet. I completely respect you view though because I have had friends who had completely different takes on games just due to graphical and technical problems.

• NotoriousXNotoriousX Member UncommonPosts: 197

same here...never had ANY kind of problems with the game...the only thing that concerns me its the shop..other than that i think its the best F2P game out there guaranteed

Tormented echoes of a fallen Eden
    I longed for her beauty
    Yet from dust, she returned
    The dream, an enigma.... silent

• TyrrhonTyrrhon Member Posts: 412

What does best F2P mean and what is it good for? Free demos are industry standard today so the eternal lowbies have plenty of games to play. If you want to keep playing further, F2Ps are more expensive than P2Ps and with more unfun mechanics.

RoM at least has some interesting twist to cash shop (sure it is horribly overpriced). Allods cash shop is lame, sells nothing but power in most unfun and uncreative form and is way overpriced in NA/EU.

The only really good F2P I ever played was Atlantica. It was designed as F2P ground up, reasonably ballanced and very well though out into the last detail. It is cheap game but that is part of F2P. Cheap but well done and bringing something P2P does not. Allods (and RoM) are rather expensive full featured games but with broken or non-fitting mechanics.

Allods as game would be better off if they changed that perfume+FoD mechanics so it is fun and removed most of other F2P annoyances that only take up development time to make game more miserable and more expensive experience.

• GoromhirGoromhir Member UncommonPosts: 463

wake up, Allods isnt free to play. After L20 PvP starts and you gonna spend your bucks faster than you think....

Free to play is a Myth and the people that believe these games are free also believe in Area 51 and Life on Mars.

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498

This game is disturbingly Pay to Win (P2W) which overshadows any sort of technical achievements it might have.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• GoromhirGoromhir Member UncommonPosts: 463

Allods could have been the best so called

"F2P" on the market if the russians

wouldnt be as greedy as they are.

Its dead before its released....................

• HELLBITCHHELLBITCH Member Posts: 87

Originally posted by johnmatthais

This is pointless, soon enough Altis Gates will redefine the way everyone looks at F2P games.

Allods is in no way the best F2P available...I got way more enjoyment from MegaTen...and Spellborn.

Altis Gates... I hope you were joking there

• AlienovrlordAlienovrlord Member Posts: 1,525

I've been very impressed with Allods Online.   I agree with the OP, I think it does raise the bar for F2P games.  

I will probably dabble in the game once it is officially released.    Esp. while I'm waiting for other games to come out. 

• GaurnGaurn Member Posts: 305

Originally posted by Portland

Allods could have been the best so called

"F2P" on the market if the russians

wouldnt be as greedy as they are.

Its dead before its released....................

Hey uh.....how many fingers am I holding up?

• piithpiith Member Posts: 95

Originally posted by Kyleran

This game is disturbingly Pay to Win (P2W) which overshadows any sort of technical achievements it might have.

• RokurgeptaRokurgepta Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 2,136

Originally posted by dinos_21

same here...never had ANY kind of problems with the game...the only thing that concerns me its the shop..other than that i think its the best F2P game out there guaranteed

Guaranteed? I played it and I would not guarantee anyone anything about its quality. I found nothing original or innovative at all in this Russian WOW. I play DDO and have issues with it, but at least the game feels different and original. Issues or not it makes games like Allods look like the F2P they truly are.

If I did not know the name of the game I might have thought I was in Gates of Andaron or WOW or any of the other obvious clones. ROM and my computer had issues but that game felt 10X better then this. Allods may end up a popular F2P I have no prediction on that, but it certainly does not seem like the best F2P to me. It seems interchangable with any of the clones and you would never know the difference.

• reanorreanor Member UncommonPosts: 441

When graphics are as cartoony as this it immediately makes me close the page and forget about the game forever.

• QazzQazz Member Posts: 577

Originally posted by reanor

When graphics are as cartoony as this it immediately makes me close the page and forget about the game forever.

Necropost FTL....especially to flame a game.  

• Methos12Methos12 Member UncommonPosts: 1,244

Originally posted by Rokurgepta

Originally posted by dinos_21

Guaranteed? I played it and I would not guarantee anyone anything about its quality. I found nothing original or innovative at all in this Russian WOW. I play DDO and have issues with it, but at least the game feels different and original. Issues or not it makes games like Allods look like the F2P they truly are.

If I did not know the name of the game I might have thought I was in Gates of Andaron or WOW or any of the other obvious clones. ROM and my computer had issues but that game felt 10X better then this. Allods may end up a popular F2P I have no prediction on that, but it certainly does not seem like the best F2P to me. It seems interchangable with any of the clones and you would never know the difference.

That's kinda the point, it's one of the best WoW-clones in F2P domain.

Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.
  • JaydemonJaydemon Member UncommonPosts: 1
    The game is definately one of the best f2p out there so come join up all..the community is expanding everyday and loads of content for all lvls.. the pvp zones are loads of fun and astral explorations are awesome..so dont miss out :)
  • Echo071Echo071 Member Posts: 1

Ive been playing Allods for  a while now and i'm hooked! Allods ftw!

• RidingherRidingher Member Posts: 1
    definitely the best F2P MMO out at the moment. The patch has fixed and improved upon what was already good about it.
  • PerceptorPerceptor Member Posts: 1

I have been playing MMO's for about 14 years now, tried darn near every one of them.  Even after playing World of Warcraft for five years and attaining max characters I found the game lacking with the whiney people, spam advertising, and botters.  Then I found this little jewel called Allods and everything changed.  I made a character and hit the game with a hefty amount of cynicism from past experience with MMO's but the immersion that the first area instilled was astounding!  Upon further gameplay the experience with the questing system is refreshing and enjoyable, and the communtiy on the game couldn't be further off from WoW.  All in all this is the best game that I have ever played and will continue to play as long as it is around.  The developers are constantly changing and improving the game play and interface style that players interact with!  Time and again the game somehow gets better and better!  I love this game and hope that by reading this post everyone can see how great this game is and go try it out yourself!

Cheers!

See you out on the Allods!

• WarfranWarfran Member Posts: 27

When I saw the last four posters responding all have only one post each, somethings phony.

• AmjocoAmjoco Member UncommonPosts: 4,860

No it's not but nice try.

Death is nothing to us, since when we are, Death has not come, and when death has come, we are not.

• SelodinSelodin Member Posts: 1

Too many people dismiss this game because of the item shop. The truth is , this game might be free to play/download but it is more than worth investing some cash into. Over a years worth of time, something like lets say WoW might cost you 180$. I can tell you right choice to commit to the game after you have hit max level and tried some of the high level features.

The way each class is put together really impressed me, every one seems to have a unique mechanic they have to keep track of that adds a lot of depth. Barriers for paladins and entropy for mages are examples of things that really skyrocket in effectiveness with skill. The talent trees are pretty cool 2, a mix of WoW style and FF10 sphere grid.

I will admit though, there is a fair amnow that is WAY MORE than enough to experience end game content in allods. And the item shop isn't needed to level, you can make your ount of grinding, but realistically it's not that bad unless the only mmo you have ever played is WoW and you are used to features like recruit a friend 1-60 in 1 day type nonsense. I have played several mmo's that have required much more extensive grinding than allods.

Bottom line is , if you are looking for a 100% free game that wont require you to grind massive amounts of gold otherwise, allods might not be for you. But if you don't mind paying , or are looking for a subscription based game, i recommend allods as it is easily on par with almost all pay to play games, and will probably cost less in the long run.

• SuperXero89SuperXero89 Member UncommonPosts: 2,551

Taking the item mall out of the equation, this is a quality F2P title.  The problem is simply the fact that the combat makes me want to shoot myself in the face.

• EmoqqboyEmoqqboy Member UncommonPosts: 194

I have to admit after sifting through many F2P mmos, Allods is the best of them all currently. It has all the makings of a P2P mmo but instead, is free. Lots of people seem to have an issue with the cash shop, but if you give this game a try, you will see that it has the quality of a P2P mmo, the cash shop being there to give players a choice ultimately. 

i'm still playing it now, and i find that the game has really appealing graphics, well thought up combat mechanics and has content that caters both to PvE-ers and PvP-ers. On top of all this, everything is constantly being improved. All i'm saying is, give this mmo a chance and play it for yourself, like i myself did. I grew to like it, and its possible that you might as well.

<QQ moar plz. kkthxbai.>