Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Allod's Online, the best F2P available..

LifedrainLifedrain Member Posts: 13

MMO's in general have come a long way, when technology gets better so do our games. I am really impressed with Allod's Online. There are a huge amount of F2P MMO's out there, the majority are terrible, there are a few good ones however as we all know, but a lot of us are biased towards the one we personally like.

The real breakthrough AAA F2P MMO out is Runes of Magic, it doesn't appeal to everyone, but it's definitely a high quality F2P, as good as it gets.  Very soon Allod's Online will be released, and it steps up the bar even more than Runes of Magic (Rom). The graphics, sound, gameplay, things to do, the quality is TRUELY AAA and the absolute best F2P MMO out there without question. We all know games are not about graphics because there are some pretty F2P MMO's out there, they are just terrible and no fun.

Anyone else excited for this release? Of course there will be a cash shop, the only way they can make money on F2P, but hopefully they go in the right direction and don't make much or any game changing items to buy. 

Thoughts?

Comments

• MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196

I played it and found nonthing special about it. It has good graphics for a FTP game but thats about it. Games like C9 and Mabinogi Heroes are whats raising the bar for FTP games.

• LifedrainLifedrain Member Posts: 13

When are those even supposed to even come out?

• PocahinhaPocahinha Member UncommonPosts: 550
    Originally posted by Mannish

I played it and found nonthing special about it. It has good graphics for a FTP game but thats about it. Games like C9 and Mabinogi Heroes are whats raising the bar for FTP games.

Those games are asian man..they first serve the asian players..we are second class costumers...

Check aion..the asians have 1 year of game ahead of western people, if the playerbase want changes ingame they take too much time to do it...you are not directely in contact with the makers of the game..its other culture man...

Allods is a great game, best f2p ever, and better then most p2p games...

[Mod Edit]

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441

Sorry but DDO and TCoS are miles better than RoM and Allods.

They are ok to be F2P not in the same league as the 2 I mentioned.  And there was an official best F2P game a week ago, DDO won that easy.

Those games are asian man..asian games suck, and plus they have months ahead of western releases..that sucks also...they first serve the asian players..we are second class costumers...
    Check aion..the asians have 1 year of game ahead of western people, if the playerbase want changes ingame they take too much time to do it...you are not directely in contact with the makers of the game..its other culture man...

Yea, I 100% agree. I don't understand why people even play foreign MMO's, they could care less about us, translations are usually terrible too. I've played a ton of foreign F2P MMO's and they're all bad. Yes, AION is bad too. I think Allod's is better than AION, in fact the next best thing to WoW and its free.

Originally posted by Loke666

They are ok to be F2P not in the same league as the 2 I mentioned.  And there was an official best F2P game a week ago, DDO won that easy.

DDO just went F2P dude.... and there still requiring you to pay for certain race/class unlocks... I'm talking about no buying the game, no monthly sub. Yes, DDO is pretty much that now, but it definitely was not at one point.

• banthisbanthis Member Posts: 1,891

DDO while a great game and its al a cart or p2p model is doing great success for it..is a bad example of a F2P game..its virtually impossible to enjoy MOST of the game without spending money.   Atleast in allods all the content is available you don't have to buy the next set of quests to reach lvl X..in DDO you get to a point where you either spend cash on some more quests or you just farm the small amount of free content.  You also don't have access to all the classes and races if your not paying some money to Turbine.

Its a great game...and its model is ideal for the type of game that DDO is...but in general its NOT in th esame league as most F2P games.   

DDO is a Freemium model game...since right now most websites recongize only P2P or F2P there really wasn't much choice for it to fall into otherwise.  Plus Allods isn't even released yet so it wouldn't rank in the best f2p of the year catagory.

btw on Allods cash shop the most i've noticed is backpacks, potions to increase your chance at a good crafting session (since its possible to fail), and items to further customize the look of the toon.  Noen of it has stats that I've seen so far or is game affecting to PVP or PVE at all.

• WickedjellyWickedjelly Member Posts: 4,990
    Originally posted by Loke666

No they aren't.  DDO is alright but both RoM and Allods ahve more variety to them than DDO does.

The only thing TCoS is better at than those other games is ensuring you'll get carpal tunnel if you play it long enough.

Actually TCoS' combat system is rather interesting but as a whole the game is rather blaise.  Especially at the higher levels. PvP can be rather stupid as well considering some classes can go at it until doomsday without being able to kill each other if you have two classes that know the right combos to use.  The game was bugged to hell too unless they fixed those issues in the high level content.

1. For god's sake mmo gamers, enough with the analogies. They're unnecessary and your comparisons are terrible, dissimilar, and illogical.

2. To posters feeling the need to state how f2p really isn't f2p: Players understand the concept. You aren't privy to some secret the rest are missing. You're embarrassing yourself.

3. Yes, Cpt. Obvious, we're not industry experts. Now run along and let the big people use the forums for their purpose.

• drbaltazardrbaltazar Member UncommonPosts: 7,856

chronicle of spell born is a aaa game .they flopped because there was too many bug at lunch they re redesigning it i do hope they do some research or ask what to add.

dx11,

microsoft donnybrook,

min full dual core usage not 1.3 like most mmo full dual core

64 bit

direct cache access.

yes its way smoother .and i bet if game designer called microsoft ,intel ,nvidia,amd and ati,and speedguide.net or any other network engineer

they would get very good feature that are sleeping in the bios or the command prompt lol.

• marcuslmmarcuslm Member UncommonPosts: 263

I have been playing in all of the betas of Allods and have to agree. It's definitely the best F2P I have ever seen or played. There is nothing groundbreaking or innovative really, but it certainly makes up for that in polish. The graphics are great and the design (characters, environments, UI, etc) are original enough to not feel like more of the same.

This is not to say that I don't think it needs some work. I think the mob difficulty and availability of gear needs tweaking and balancing, but this is what betas are for. I look forward to seeing it improve even more as they move it through the betas into release.

For anyone who isn't familiar with it, it is definitely worth a try. There have been lots of closed beta key giveaways. So check it out.

Originally posted by Pocahinha

Those games are asian man..they first serve the asian players..we are second class costumers...

[Mod Edit]

You said that to say what? We all know those games are Asian. We all know that things will come out in Asia first since the games are made in Asia. Whats does that have to do with anything I said?

Originally posted by Lifedrain

Those games are asian man..asian games suck, and plus they have months ahead of western releases..that sucks also...they first serve the asian players..we are second class costumers...

Yea, I 100% agree. I don't understand why people even play foreign MMO's, they could care less about us, translations are usually terrible too. I've played a ton of foreign F2P MMO's and they're all bad. Yes, AION is bad too. I think Allod's is better than AION, in fact the next best thing to WoW and its free.

You dont understand why people play foreign MMOs? Could it be because they like them? You think Allods is better then Aion then you go right ahead. Whats good about it?

• johnmatthaisjohnmatthais Member CommonPosts: 2,663

This is pointless, soon enough Altis Gates will redefine the way everyone looks at F2P games.

Allods is in no way the best F2P available...I got way more enjoyment from MegaTen...and Spellborn.

You dont understand why people play foreign MMOs? Could it be because they like them? You think Allods is better then Aion then you go right ahead. Whats good about it?

AION is all about graphics. It's imbalanced, sounds bad, gameplays bad, community's bad, service is bad, mass PvP is terribly laggy and unstable (one of the most advertised parts of the game), flying is crap, no talents, barely any classes, invisible walls, instances are boring and NO LOOT, they all feel the same, and let me just say once again, the community is downright TERRIBLE, TERRIBLE, TERRIBLE, the worst I've ever played with, American bashing foreign pieces of crap.

Now you know why me and many others hate AION, I love Allod's Online because its free, its the BEST free MMO in the world, the graphics can hold mass PvP & there great, there is an absolute TON of customisation with your character, talents, 26 classes, ships, O don't let me forget its in CLOSED BETA and its already better than AION? ROFL thats terrible news (for AION).

• Krn_AssassinKrn_Assassin Member Posts: 581
    Originally posted by Pocahinha

[Mod Edit]

Just because it's asian doesn't change the fact that it's better. But it's all subjective, what's more innovative however is obvious. C9, Mabinogi Heroes those games deserve p2p here in America, but they'd probably make more money being f2p here. It's funny just how profitable these f2p games can be.

population!if the game was avail in english but the server they play in asia the only server.most player would jump right in !

but trying to localise any game is often a bad experience.

check gw they had countless coutry some wrote in korean other in russian but when the player when in they couldnt care lass what the other wrote they only wanted to have fun with the biggest crowd possible

if asia ever released one translated copy to the other country like gw did but from day one

the rest of the other mmo would die fast .the only thing preventing this is the fact asia localise their game for other country.the only time you get access in some even is trough  proxy

they dont need new server lol with the amount of external player playing their game they could just fill us in their server

espacially with the bot system(donnybrook)the game might be in chinese on their server but at player end it could be in russian or french,in spanish server would still see everything you do in chinese lol.

its the futur .soon everybody wanting to play asian f2p will be playing on chinese server with their english copy and server will know perfectly everything.

AION is all about graphics. It's imbalanced, sounds bad, gameplays bad, community's bad, service is bad, mass PvP is terribly laggy and unstable (one of the most advertised parts of the game), flying is crap, no talents, barely any classes, invisible walls, instances are boring and NO LOOT, they all feel the same, and let me just say once again, the community is downright TERRIBLE, TERRIBLE, TERRIBLE, the worst I've ever played with, American bashing foreign pieces of crap.

Now you know why me and many others hate AION, I love Allod's Online because its free, its the BEST free MMO in the world, the graphics can hold mass PvP & there great, there is an absolute TON of customisation with your character, talents, 26 classes, ships, O don't let me forget its in CLOSED BETA and its already better than AION? ROFL thats terrible news (for AION).

Are you dense or something? I did not ask you anything about Aion. I am asking you what makes Allods the best FTP out and yet you still have not answered that question. You are listing me some of the features that sound the same as any mmo which does not mean anything. What makes it a AAA FTP thats raising the bar? What is this game doing different? From what I saw Its just another item mall go kill x, go fetch x thats been done over and over. I will give the game props on the graphics but thats all it gets. It has the worst combat of any mmo in history. The chcarater models are bland and generic. Sound effects are horrible and  very low quaility. The game is nonthing special.

Except the graphics part (since Aion has probably the best), everything else you described is wow to the dot.

Regarding Allods, they don't know how to work f2p. They literally overpriced every crap in the game to move forward, most people will leave when they realize they can't pay that much. It won't even be popular. Atlantica Online, Maplestory, Mabinogi can crap out half of it's player-base and it would still have more than Allods at it's peak.

It has the worst combat of any mmo in history.

How?  I can see saying it's nothing special combat wise since it's pretty standard compared to other games but how is it the "worst combat in history" exactly?

1. For god's sake mmo gamers, enough with the analogies. They're unnecessary and your comparisons are terrible, dissimilar, and illogical.

2. To posters feeling the need to state how f2p really isn't f2p: Players understand the concept. You aren't privy to some secret the rest are missing. You're embarrassing yourself.

3. Yes, Cpt. Obvious, we're not industry experts. Now run along and let the big people use the forums for their purpose.

Originally posted by Wickedjelly

How?  I can see saying it's nothing special combat wise since it's pretty standard compared to other games but how is it the "worst combat in history" exactly?

He probably meant it's nothing compared to the combat out in f2p games over in Korea. Seriously look at c9 and mabinogi heroes.

How? This has been the main complaint about the game since the first beta and you act like you have never heard this? Its kinda hard to explain but Allods combat is just too clunky. Its feels like its unfinished.

Originally posted by Krn_Assassin
    He probably meant it's nothing compared to the combat out in f2p games over in Korea. Seriously look at c9 and mabinogi heroes.

Oh, you'll get no argument from me.  I think Allods is one of the better f2p titles on the brink right now but I'm not going to say it's the best.  Frankly, it's hard for me to really judge it completely anyways since I haven't seen the entire game and god knows how the cash shop will play out.

C9 looks really interesing.  I'm a bet hesitant on Heroes though because frankly I've tried the other Mabinogi game and I couldn't stand it.  Still sure I'll check it out though when and if I get the opportunity.

How? This has been the main complaint about the game since the first beta and you act like you have never heard this? Its kinda hard to explain but Allods combat is just too clunky. Its feels like its unfinished.

I haven't actually.  Only bitching about the combat I've seen is that there isn't an auto attack and that mobs take too much time to kill.

Although the latter really isn't an issue when you get into the teens.  Pre level 10 though it does drag on more than is necessary.  Not sure how that equates to worst combat ever in the history of mmos but whatever.

I haven't actually.  Only bitching about the combat I've seen is that there isn't an auto attack and that mobs take too much time to kill.

Although the latter really isn't an issue when you get into the teens.  Pre level 10 though it does drag on more than is necessary.  Not sure how that equates to worst combat ever in the history of mmos but whatever.

yes lot of game are removing auto attack .so less auto attack bot .and a bit harder to play it might be the best news i heard today.

its not the first game since ff14 wont have auto attack the rep said it made ff14 more inerqactive,player will feel less uselless

Originally posted by Krn_Assassin

Exactly, this is raising the bar for FTP.

www.youtube.com/watch