Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Midkemia Online

DevourDevour Member Posts: 902

So, yeah, Iron Realms Entertainment have released Midkemia Online, finally. Two weeks ago, it came out, and political positions have already been decided for the most part, but it looks like the first few scandals are coming out, so a bielection or two might pop up to get rid of some people. ( One of the guilds has already had one. )

ANYWAY, Midkemia Online is your usual Iron Realms MUD ( text-based MMO, basically ) based on the same stuff that makes Achaea, Lusternia, Imperian and whatever the other one is called brilliant, but based in Raymond E Feist's Midkemia. You create a character of a certain race, join a guild of a city and work your way up in the ranks of that city and your guild, if you want to. The politics, open world PvP and general RP fun of the game make it almost perfect, to be honest.

Yes, roleplaying policy is enforced. You'll get warned, then banned then IP banned if you do it on another character.

If they made MMOs like these games, I don't think I'd play any other game. On that note, it's free to play, unless you want to buy credits. Credits'll make your life a hell of a lot easier, but to be honest it's best if you just get the gold for them and buy them yourself.

My name in game is Skargak, feel free to contact me in a whisper if you're a moredhel, troll or goblin or with a message if you're any of the other races. Also, if you decide to register permanently, please chuck my name down on "who did you find out about this game" from. I doubt it'll give me anything, but you never know. That's Skargak. I'm a gobbo.

Anyway, here's the link:

Midkemia Online

Comments

• DevourDevour Member Posts: 902

No one? I am disappointed in you, MMORPG.com.

• johnmatthaisjohnmatthais Member CommonPosts: 2,663

No one's really into this kind of game anymore, and of those that are, there are plenty better ones that are completely free. Aardwolf anyone?

• DevourDevour Member Posts: 902
    Originally posted by johnmatthais

No one's really into this kind of game anymore, and of those that are, there are plenty better ones that are completely free. Aardwolf anyone?

Eww, Aardwolf. >: Can't stand it. I mean, I understand many others may enjoy it, but it's really not the sort of game for me. I generally prefer IRE's puzzle-y / socio-political part of it.

I think most people haven't really tried getting in to text based games. It's like people who put down Dwarf Fortress without trying it.

• johnmatthaisjohnmatthais Member CommonPosts: 2,663

I just hate that IRE has the balls to make a friggin text based MMO cash shop dependent.

In any case, if it makes you feel any better, I am looking forward to Tears of Polaris. 

• drbaltazardrbaltazar Member UncommonPosts: 7,856

i read some of that story i remember jimi the hand .he was killed in the book while ruling.

good story didnt read the whole serie tho yet i miss some i think