Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Kung Foo!: Closed Beta Wrapping Up With Events!

MikeBMikeB Community ManagerAdministrator RarePosts: 6,555

The Kung Foo! Closed Beta sure went by quick! It was only a few weeks ago that the game was announced to the world, subsequently entered beta, and now the beta will be coming to a close on January 20th. If you blinked, you'd have missed it!

However, even though the beta has gone by pretty quick, testers will still be able to enjoy the festivities typically found at the end of a game's beta test. To that end, Perfect World International has announced a number of events, the first of which is a fashion show, which kicks off today at 3PM PST!

Players should also prepare for a deluge of monsters to appear in the game world come January 15th, so don't say we didn't warn you!

As a thanks from Perfect World International all testers will receive a Lolligator transformation tonic that will carry on into Open Beta, and players who managed to hit level 40 during Closed Beta will receive a Sweet Wolf pet.

For more information on Kung Foo! visit the game's official website here.

Comments

• GunstraGunstra Member UncommonPosts: 13

I downloaded and tried this game, but to my amazement it was the same as Q-world, Perfect World, Ether Saga and the others out there that are using the same game engine obviously. Why does Perfect World Ent. keep coming out with the same style/looking games instead of making something new from scratch? We are tired of seeing the same old games, same old grind, just different characters and maps.

I for one am getting more playtime out of quake live then I am any MMO I have installed, I figure if I am going to be stuck in a grind fest, why not make it a slaughter fest instead, at least this I can enjoy, sure it's the same maps over and over, but it is not the same action or gameplay over and over.

Come on game production companies, it's all about unique-ness and entertaining, not grind-ness and bordem.

Zoth

Aion - Gladiator/Chanter Class
    War - Warrior Class

• Pcgamer81Pcgamer81 Member Posts: 186

Closed beta over hehe wow this game is far from ready to move to next stage way to many bugs still shame on them.

• slim26slim26 Member UncommonPosts: 645
    Originally posted by Gunstra

I downloaded and tried this game, but to my amazement it was the same as Q-world, Perfect World, Ether Saga and the others out there that are using the same game engine obviously. Why does Perfect World Ent. keep coming out with the same style/looking games instead of making something new from scratch? We are tired of seeing the same old games, same old grind, just different characters and maps.

I for one am getting more playtime out of quake live then I am any MMO I have installed, I figure if I am going to be stuck in a grind fest, why not make it a slaughter fest instead, at least this I can enjoy, sure it's the same maps over and over, but it is not the same action or gameplay over and over.
    Come on game production companies, it's all about unique-ness and entertaining, not grind-ness and bordem.

Zoth

I know man I am with you and everyone else 100%  We are sick of the same stuff over and over again with "let me add" just a different item mail system setup with the same  item mail  items with a new look. I create a toon and should not be like (hey I seen this toon face before) We can't really say much tho because they are not our games, the asian wont listen to us nor even read our post.

• slim26slim26 Member UncommonPosts: 645
    Originally posted by Pcgamer81

Closed beta over hehe wow this game is far from ready to move to next stage way to many bugs still shame on them.

The close beta/open of these games is a joke. The open beta of this game was really just upgrade for the cashshop.

• DanubusDanubus Member Posts: 169

I installed this game and quickly uninstalled it as I found out that it's just the same old crap that PWE is putting out.  If you guys want to survive in the growing F2P market you should really come up with a fun, original game. Your grind fest clones are not going to cut it over here in America. If you want to find a game that is F2P and is fun take a look at Earth Eternal. Heck, it's a browser game and it beats anything PWE has ever put out or most F2P games for that matter. The only game that PWE has that might actually be a decent MMO is the deal they struck with Runic over Torchlight. We shall see how that goes. I really wish Runic had picked a different partner to distribute their MMO version than PWE.

• wildchyldwildchyld Member Posts: 35

The KungFoo closed beta is actually being extended so that people have more time to test out the game.