Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

Skill level dropping, no more?

patshirpatshir PortoviejoPosts: 114Member

Well, while in the game chat I asked how long a skill has to be unused to start going down and two people told me that the unused skill level going down is not part of the game anymore. How true are these statements?, I am new in the game (about 20 days) and I don't know if I miss this information. Nothing would make me more happy than this being true.

Comments

• MadnessRealmMadnessRealm Montreal, QCPosts: 2,716Member Uncommon

It is 100% true. Small correction though, it was never added to DarkFall.

Instead of skill detoriation, Aventurine took the path of Specialization.

------
    Your daily dose of common sense since 2009!

• patshirpatshir PortoviejoPosts: 114Member
    Originally posted by MadnessRealm

It is 100% true. Small correction though, it was never added to DarkFall.

Instead of skill detoriation, Aventurine took the path of Specialization.

Specialization? Could you explain please?

• OmaliOmali MMO Business Correspondent Orchard Park, NYPosts: 1,114Member Uncommon

Skill deterioration was a bug that existed for some players that was fixed. If your skills were going down, I suggest you send in a support ticket. it was working for some players, but was not supposed to be integrated into the system yet.

And yes, I believe it was ultimately canned in favor of specialization.

Check out my monthly column on MMORPG.com.

• patshirpatshir PortoviejoPosts: 114Member
    Originally posted by Omali

Skill deterioration was a bug that existed for some players that was fixed. If your skills were going down, I suggest you send in a support ticket. it was working for some players, but was not supposed to be integrated into the system yet.

And how does this specialization work?

• daarcodaarco GavlePosts: 4,497Member
    Originally posted by patshir

Originally posted by Omali

And how does this specialization work?

Here is a linc that explain it : )

But AV is still working on it, we have only seen the beginning.

http://syncaine.wordpress.com/2009/09/29/darkfall-specialization-rather-than-a-skill-cap/ 

• kcc9889kcc9889 Swampscott, MAPosts: 84Member

It has never been this way. It was coded into the game but not turned. Something like this would be good to help create player builds instead of everyone does everything kind of play that exists right now.

• daarcodaarco GavlePosts: 4,497Member
    Originally posted by kcc9889

It has never been this way. It was coded into the game but not turned. Something like this would be good to help create player builds instead of everyone does everything kind of play that exists right now.

AV have stated they dont wanna cut any content from anyone, thats why everyone is free to try anything.

But just because your character happens to own a bow, does not mean he/she is a archer. When you spot a real archer in DF, you know it. Same with melee and magic.

We see that all the time, some player have build up skills and stats but no playerskill. Maybe found a bugged mob to train skills on, wich will do no help later.