Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Review

GhandarvaGhandarva Member Posts: 3

I finally had some free time to spare for a review. For this post its a review for Neosteam Online. Neo Steam: The Shattered Continent developed by Hanbitsoft and Joy Impact and published by Atlus Online in the US.

Last November during the LU Live 2009, Neosteam trailer was shown and promoted by Level Inc for Global market. So basically, Level Up global somehow had this partnership with Atlus Online and its developer for the distribution of Game credit which is through LU my.levelupgames.ph.

To signup for an account you can visit https://secure.atlusonline.com/home.aspx and download the neosteam client. Then the next thing you will notice after choosing server was the part where you need to choose between two factions. These are The Republic of Rogwel, realm of science with powerful machinery while the Elerd Kingdom focuses on nature and magic.

You can also choose among six races namely :

Human – Known for their quick and subtle movements

Elf – Interest in Magical Studies, allied with Pom in trying to combine technology with magic

Pom – Proud Descendant pf Maestors and have the knack for Technology

Lupine – are known for their great physical strenght

Lyell – from the Taxn Alliance, They worship nature and seek a harmonouse relationship with earth.

Taxn Human – are attractive and agile. They are known for their carefree.

then you can choose from Warrior, Mystic, Machinist and Scout as the class in which you can customize with head and looks options. For the controls, the game uses standard keys including zoom in zoom out, rotation, WASD, point and click and space bar for jump. The graphics is okay but gamers who mostly played Asian taste of fantasy MMO might see Neosteam a little bit different on the graphics part. Animation of skills and mobs combat was cool. At this time I cannot really comment on the gameplay since my character is currently trying to reach a decent level. Hopefully, I can do an additional review of the game.

Comments

• maccajnrmaccajnr Member UncommonPosts: 84

I tried the game a little, I reached level 12 I think. It reminds me a bit of Supreme Destiny.

The leveling and quests are straight forwards. Basic and simple.

But many features in the game, I have no clue how to use them:

- pets. I can call a pet, feed it. But no idea how to fight with it, use skill, level it.

- crafting. no clue how to craft new things

- enhancing gear. How to put bonus on my armor/weapons

- pvp. how or where does it happen?

- machine. what is the purpose around machine, steam,... do we need to do anything around that, and how?

So overall, the fighting is pretty simple. But many things around is not clearly explained, and I'm left without much clue what to do ingame.

• Mellow44Mellow44 Member Posts: 599

I got to level 20 before deleting my character and uninstalling the game.

The main reason for that were the sluggish control over my character.

It was pretty decent using point and click but using the WASD keys it was just utterly sluggish with some delay on your movement which is totally unacceptable and also when using the WASD keys to run forward when some NPC spoke out to me in the vicinity my character would just suddenly stop moving which was pretty aggravating.

And also every time I right clicked on a mob to run towards it and attack I would always run through the mob and then attack it which always gave the mob the first attack on me and this happened every time.

Add to that the empty server on the european version of the game and it just felt that I was playing some old PlayStation 2 single player game.

Word of advice: Don't play this game, it's a waste of time.

All those memories will be lost in time, like tears in the rain.