Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Question about the trolling...

phitchphitch Member Posts: 76

I am just curious, because I see the same trolling happen to almost every other major MMO, yet I don't see a single post saying the trolling has to stop for games like Darkfall, WoW, Warhammer or Aion (to name a few of the many that get trolled).

So why is it suddenly, they only new posts allowed will have to be glowing reviews, and negative ones aren't allowed? I mean, a review that simply says "I love Alganon!!!! It is the greatest thing ever!!!!1111" is just as much a troll, especially if it contains no reasoning behind it.

So -- are you also going to crack down on reviews that simply state try the game over and over with no content? And what defines a trolling post? One that mentions subscription numbers back by math? One that is opinion, because that is all we have to go on is opinions really.

So could you tell us what we can say in response to people if we disagree with their opinions?

Comments

• alderdalealderdale Member Posts: 301

Its a shame you have to ask, and its pretty clear you dont know the difference between a civil opinion and "Trolling" which is what they are warning about.  Re-read the original post, slowly and carefully, its pretty clear.

And yes it's present in other game forums on this site but "again" if you read it slowly and carefully there is a mention of balance, which someone feels is off balance in the Alganon forums, hence the warning.

• phitchphitch Member Posts: 76
    Originally posted by alderdale

Its a shame you have to ask, and its pretty clear you dont know the difference between a civil opinion and "Trolling" which is what they are warning about.  Re-read the original post, slowly and carefully, its pretty clear.
    And yes it's present in other game forums on this site but "again" if you read it slowly and carefully there is a mention of balance, which someone feels is off balance in the Alganon forums, hence the warning.

and over your head it goes.

• MikeBMikeB Community ManagerAdministrator RarePosts: 6,555

We are currently evaluating other "hot button" forums and strategies to address them. It has been brought to my attention both internally and from other users that the environment here is particularly disruptive and thus the increased moderation here was instituted as a result. Will other forums on this site see the same treatment? It is definitely possible.

However, I must ask that other users please refrain from creating topics in response to the sticky. If you have any questions or concerns please feel free to contact me at [email protected]. I will be glad to address them or any other issues you may have.

With that said, this thread is being locked.

This discussion has been closed.