Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Another new believer of Alganon

Comments

• MugHugMugHug Member Posts: 47
    Originally posted by Simiel

It's pretty pathetic how low people at the age of 49 can be... I don't think any child would want a dad with this level of stupidity and stubbornness. I can hardly imagine having the courage to wake up everyday knowing you have to be someone REMOTELY similar to this OP.
    Beside that point, this thread proves to be extremely counter-productive, it already drove the rest of the people who were considering alganon out of the way.
    MugHug, you should go back to school. Learn some self-respect and self-awareness, consciousness is something you seem to lack. I don't like telling other people how they should live, but this case is too goddam pathetic for me not to say anything..

Thank you for your interest in Alganon. I am so happy for you.

But before you make a final decision, I would recommend that you use the available trial if you have not already.

Once you have done this, then maybe you can come back and write some constructive, neutral and balanced posts about your time. Even if you have tried Alganon, you can still have a go at writing some constructive, neutral and balanced posts about your time there.

Fond regards and see you in Alganon :)

• sanders01sanders01 Member Posts: 1,357

Tl;dr, what is Alganon about exactly? I can see that it's 'great', but it seems you haven't given any true information about it,, such as a 'neutral, unbiased' review of some sort.

Currently restarting World of Warcraft :/

• crimsonmidcrimsonmid Member Posts: 140
    Originally posted by MugHug

Being banned from here is not exactly a loss considering all you lot do if flame whatever you do not like. And having any of you in any game would ruin it, if you carried on like you do here.

Oh really? Then why did you post here in the first place then? The Alganon community brags for its "maturity" yet all you did here was prove to all of us the exact opposite.

Noone bashed you for liking the game. They did it for another obvious reason. Being 50 yrs old i believe you are smart enough to figure that reason out.

My brain has 2 sides;Left and right. My left side has nothing right and my right side has nothing left...

Originally posted by kingtommyboy

Originally posted by crimsonmid

what the hell?? dude I've READ ALL THOSE DAMN THREADS SO SHUT UP! and no, most of those reviews are just pure bashing... But I guess you have no brain to understand this and it also seems that the only thing you are doing on mmorpg.com is bashing alganon.. your just miserable

If by miserable you mean that i don't waste my time trolling in threads that i don't find interesting or funny then yes i am miserable. Alganon threads are interesting and funny (contrary to the game itself)  if you actually played the game, something that you have never done as you said. And what do you do? You come here telling people to stop acting as trolls and you urge them to go play the game and then start a discussion.

Have you played the game? NO.  Tell me one  good reason why should anyone start a discussion with you about a game you havent even tried? Perhaps you are the one that should do what you urge other people to do. Don't you think?

I will download and try out this game. And after I"ve done that I will make a post here and tell mmorpg.com about my experience. And yes I still have the right to tell people to stop trolling about this game, doesn't matter if I already played it or not, it's just about people's behaviour that I don't like, they act like morrons.

I think you are the first person who has bothered to at least be constructive by trying it out.

Please come back and report the good and the bad. I believe there is lots of both, to be honest.

Please try not to be a flame boy, please be it negative or positive tell it as you found it. Please be neutral and explain to help others see it for what it really is.

Cannot ask more then that.

Regards

Thank you.

I will download and try out this game. And after I"ve done that I will make a post here and tell mmorpg.com about my experience. And yes I still have the right to tell people to stop trolling about this game, doesn't matter if I already played it or not, it's just about people's behaviour that I don't like, they act like morrons.

Try it. Who knows...perhaps in the end we might agree after all.

Oh and something else...just as it is your right to tell people to stop trolling etc etc, its also peoples' right to act like morrons if they like. Its not like it has any direct impact on you.Its just a forum. There are all kinds of people in here. You should know that a lot better than me since you are an older poster.

My brain has 2 sides;Left and right. My left side has nothing right and my right side has nothing left...

Being banned from here is not exactly a loss considering all you lot do if flame whatever you do not like. And having any of you in any game would ruin it, if you carried on like you do here.

Oh really? Then why did you post here in the first place then? The Alganon community brags for its "maturity" yet all you did here was prove to all of us the exact opposite.

Noone bashed you for liking the game. They did it for another obvious reason. Being 50 yrs old i believe you are smart enough to figure that reason out.

Having asked me a question, I will answer it.

Oh, hold on I already did in my first post. At that time I do not understand that the 'Flaming Tots' would shoot me down regardless of what I said.

Now I know better having read a lot threads and seeing the vindictive flaming going on to many people apart from me if they hint that Alganon is any good. Are you blind to all the flaming posts targeted at many people well before I came here? I am just the latest target but decided to give as good as I get.

Please, oh please if you come to a forum try to read at least the first post. It  really helps a lot.

OK brains, if no-one is bashing me for liking the game, then why? If it is so obvious then you mush be capable of typing it.

If it is the one about me working for QO LLC, please at least back it up with evidence. Kinda fedup with all the hot air around here.

Meanwhile:

But before you make a final decision, I would recommend that you use the available trial if you have not already.

Once you have done this, then maybe you can come back and write some constructive, neutral and balanced posts about your time. Even if you have tried Alganon, you can still have a go at writing some constructive, neutral and balanced posts about your time there.

• IgorchtIgorcht Member UncommonPosts: 82

All right, I refuse to believe this guy is as old as he claims he is. I'm even beginning to doubt that he actually likes Alganon. He's just here to troll and to make Alganon's one really good aspect, its community, look bad. Good job, MugHug. Mission accomplished.

"I am the weapon that strikes/In the hearts of men I thrive/Feeding their fear with lies/I will devour/I will divide/I am the god of hellfire/inside every man there lives a liar/before their gods they cower/I will divide/I will devour" - "Divide Devour" by Iced Earth

• kingtommyboykingtommyboy Member Posts: 543

Try it. Who knows...perhaps in the end we might agree after all.

Oh and something else...just as it is your right to tell people to stop trolling etc etc, its also peoples' right to act like morrons if they like. Its not like it has any direct impact on you.Its just a forum. There are all kinds of people in here. You should know that a lot better than me since you are an older poster.

oh ye, I know.. there are a lot of nice people on these forums, but also a lot of jackasses, and it seems that most of this second group are in the 'alganon' part of the forum so i better leave this part for a while and I go reading other more constructive posts about other games

-------------------------------------------------------------------
    waiting for ... nothing..

Originally posted by Igorcht

All right, I refuse to believe this guy is as old as he claims he is. I'm even beginning to doubt that he actually likes Alganon. He's just here to troll and to make Alganon's one really good aspect, its community, look bad. Good job, MugHug. Mission accomplished.

What I always find helps when you are in denial is a good MMORPG, so in that light, this may help you:

• IgorchtIgorcht Member UncommonPosts: 82

Here's another question, Mug: It's fairly obvious most people here do not like Alganon. It would've been obvious if you had read almost any thread in the Alganon forums. So why did you decide to create an account here and preach to people who are already clearly not interested in the game? And then, when they reacted with venom, as you should've guessed they would by other threads on the forum, are you continuing to insult and argue with them? Surely a mature adult such as yourself can find a better use of time, even if it's playing the game you claim to love so much. 

So why even bother? If you want to talk about Alganon with a more positive audience, go to the Alganon forums. This is obviously a terrible place to discuss the game in any way other than a negative one, and no one (indeed, not even a dozen) positive poster is going to change that. All you're doing is inviting flames and, basically, perpetuating a pointless argument on the internet.

Furthermore, your terrible reactions to attack will make you look just as bad as the haters to any neutral party that's on the fence about the game.

I cannot imagine you are anything but a teenage troll. Otherwise, you are a very, very sad man.

"I am the weapon that strikes/In the hearts of men I thrive/Feeding their fear with lies/I will devour/I will divide/I am the god of hellfire/inside every man there lives a liar/before their gods they cower/I will divide/I will devour" - "Divide Devour" by Iced Earth

Having asked me a question, I will answer it.

Oh, hold on I already did in my first post. At that time I do not understand that the 'Flaming Tots' would shoot me down regardless of what I said.

Now I know better having read a lot threads and seeing the vindictive flaming going on to many people apart from me if they hint that Alganon is any good. Are you blind to all the flaming posts targeted at many people well before I came here? I am just the latest target but decided to give as good as I get.

Please, oh please if you come to a forum try to read at least the first post. It  really helps a lot.

OK brains, if no-one is bashing me for liking the game, then why? If it is so obvious then you mush be capable of typing it.

If it is the one about me working for QO LLC, please at least back it up with evidence. Kinda fedup with all the hot air around here.

The reason is simple. Your initial post feels like an advertisement. Who cares if you work for QOL or not. For me, you'd better work there and eventually make some money out of this because to be honest m8, what you do here  is really really NOT worth neither the time nor the effort. What i really don't understand is why you cannot accept the fact that the majority of the players who played the game DON'T like it? Ok, you urge people to try it, i accept that. Did it ever occur to you though that this might have already happened?

Its like trying to convince people that a black wall is actually white.

• StrandsStrands Member UncommonPosts: 32
    Originally posted by parrotpholk

The OP demands neutral and balanced but to most people there is nothing positive about Alganon and thats what he fails to take into account. There is not one original redeeming factor about it which is sad and funny. It takes bits and pieces of other games that were decent ideas and cant even copy them properly into a somewhat coherent way.  The only thing one can say in a positive point is that DA will hopefully never ever  be allowed or financed to make a game again. Alganon will be F2p soon enough and even then no one will play it because you would have Allods which is superior in every single way.

^^

This.

• GrayGhost79GrayGhost79 Member UncommonPosts: 4,775
    Originally posted by parrotpholk

The OP demands neutral and balanced but to most people there is nothing positive about Alganon and thats what he fails to take into account. There is not one original redeeming factor about it which is sad and funny. It takes bits and pieces of other games that were decent ideas and cant even copy them properly into a somewhat coherent way.  The only thing one can say in a positive point is that DA will hopefully never ever  be allowed or financed to make a game again. Alganon will be F2p soon enough and even then no one will play it because you would have Allods which is superior in every single way.

This is pretty much all that needs to be said about Alganon lol. No matter where I have heard people talking about the game it's always the same, it's always about how bad the game is or that they can't believe that it's a pay to play. I have not heard one good thing said about Alganon anywhere. The only place I've seen good reviews or praise come Alganons way has been here and it's by posters that have the same grammar, sentence structure and mispell the exact same words.

So there is either 3-4 people that really like Alganon and they all have the exact same post structure and spelling and they all seem to feel the need to post in the form of "I'm now a believer" or there all the same person trying to drum up some business and good publicity.

The problem with that is, it's just making it look worse. The game sucks, it's just badly done. Even those that may have taken pitty on it don't give a rats arse about it because no ones going to pay a monthly fee for a piece of junk. There isn't anything even remotely unique about Alganon. It's a bad game with NO hook lol. The programing is bad, the graphics are bad, the story is bad, the combat is bad, the quest are bad, the AI is bad, the networking is bad, the marketing is bad. Normally these would all be opinions... but in Alganons case... its actually fact. I mean generally most of that is good or bad depending on the person but... here it doesn't really matter, I don't see how anyone alliowed this game to get out the door.

I mean this was like trying to sale a brand new model of car that barely ran, had a putridly horrid paint job, Milk crates for seats, Rope for seat belts and only got 10 miles to the gallon and on top of all this you try to charge people the same price they would pay for a top of the line car....

Seriously how did you guys launch this junk? Has Ashton Kutcher decided to try and punk the MMO community?  

• MattMassacreMattMassacre Member Posts: 182
    Originally posted by TheDarzin

Oh dear lord, when will these Alganon Devs stop creating profiles to try to sell the game to people. Quite a few things scream out that this is nothing more than viral marketing and anyone who can see past their own ass would know this.
    1) While browsing -- I decided to spend...
    If you were randomly browsing MMOs and you knew about STO, you have experience with MMOs, period. There would be nothing random about this. Also, you randomly didn't know about Alganon but knew about MMORPG.com and these forums? Lawl -- bad lie is bad.
    2) I did some research...
    And you didn't find out that 75% of the game isn't included? Or that the game is a WoW clone, right down to the same game mechanics?
    3) You don't want to discuss the issues of the game, because that would negatively impact your "glowing review."
    4) You know about the soft launch, which indicates that you have been playing for longer than you are saying and that you know more about the game then you are letting on. There was probably no research done.
    5) You played every major mmo, and for some reason you settled on a piss poor clone of another game? But you can't tell us why you have. You can't say what you like about the game, you can't tell us really anything about the game at all.
    6) You happen to mention the price multiple times, as if we couldn't figure out the price? But it is a great attempt to viral market, next time don't mention the price 4 times in a span of two paragraphs.
    Also -- why shouldn't we put the game down, look at the way you, a fan of the game, describe it for gods sake.
    It is not an AAA quality game

it has bugs, it breaks no new real ground

I wish to see more people on the servers

unremarkable but solid
    Why would I want to try a game that isn't a quality game, offers no innovation, has bugs, and is unremarkable?

• phitchphitch Member Posts: 76

All I know, is you cannot have a "neutral, balanced, fair, whatever..." discussion of a game when the first thing you say is: I think the game is fun and I have grown quite fond of it. That is already a bias and prevents the entire discussion from being balanced. The only fair and balanced discussion is an unbiased game review. One that weighs the pros and cons without the need to state your personal feelings on the game.

Originally posted by phitch

All I know, is you cannot have a "neutral, balanced, fair, whatever..." discussion of a game when the first thing you say is: I think the game is fun and I have grown quite fond of it. That is already a bias and prevents the entire discussion from being balanced. The only fair and balanced discussion is an unbiased game review. One that weighs the pros and cons without the need to state your personal feelings on the game.

Morning all.

Sorry about not posting last night. Was playing Alganon.

Apart from 2 dropped connections, the game seemed find. They did an unplanned hotfix too, but not sure what for. Must admit it did seem to cause more lost connections then recent.

Decided to explore all the zones on both sides. I can understand at high level where they could be felt as restrictive, but until that point they seem plenty big and offer as much if not more then LOTRO did for low to mid levels. No, LOTRO has more zones, I know. I mean what is available in Alganon is plenty big enough to keep most people happy for quite a while. Anyway I hear two more fairly big areas on both sides opens up soon.

One observation is the use of color and the layout of some areas is clearly a step above WoW. Just seems a richer more vibrant landscape. It seems at least someone at QO LLC has a real passion for the graphics. Cannot say the same about toons. Must Admit the graphics for them are fairly basic and are nowhere up to the level of the terrain.

In my travels, I did notice certain error messages for terrain objects missing. Never noticed what objects were missing and gameplay never seemed affected. Yes, still see a small amount of rubber banding with monsters attacking you, but again nothing that really affected gameplay.

Can understand why many people will shoot the game down. It is in Beta clearly, has been dumped down from the original specification. This is not the first MMORPG release in this state having seen this at first hand. But all the same, there still seems to be a good conventional MMORPG trying to get out. If it does, no-one can tell at the moment.

Anyway, it was a fun evening.

Regards to all

• ThorqemadaThorqemada Member UncommonPosts: 1,282

Alganon should take cover in the arms of SOE...

"Torquemada... do not implore him for compassion. Torquemada... do not beg him for forgiveness. Torquemada... do not ask him for mercy. Let's face it, you can't Torquemada anything!"

MWO Music Video - What does the Mech say: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FF6HYNqCDLI
    Johnny Cash - The Man Comes Around: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0x2iwK0BKM

• LynxJSALynxJSA Member RarePosts: 3,332
    What I always find helps when you are in denial is a good MMORPG, so in that light, this may help you:

I'm really having trouble discerning whether you are trying to be funny by repeating the same script over and over, or if you really don't realize how spamming the sales pitch, especially in this thread, really doesn't help your cause.

-- Whammy - a 64x64 miniRPG 
    RPG Quiz - can you get all 25 right? 
    FPS Quiz - how well do you know your shooters?  
  • phitchphitch Member Posts: 76
    Originally posted by LynxJSA

I'm really having trouble discerning whether you are trying to be funny by repeating the same script over and over, or if you really don't realize how spamming the sales pitch, especially in this thread, really doesn't help your cause.

I would say their ban probably helped.

• sonicringsonicring Member UncommonPosts: 44

I seen so many replies to this thread I had to see what all the fuss was about. I give kudos to Mughug for defending his thread. I just finished my coffee and morning cigarette and i have a smile on my face. Now i may give alganon a try.

Thank you Mughug

• LynxJSALynxJSA Member RarePosts: 3,332
    Originally posted by sonicring

I seen so many replies to this thread I had to see what all the fuss was about. I give kudos to Mughug for defending his thread. I just finished my coffee and morning cigarette and i have a smile on my face. Now i may give alganon a try.

Thank you Mughug

Since you liked Vanguard and EQ2, you might like Alganon. Same general style of game.

-- Whammy - a 64x64 miniRPG 
    RPG Quiz - can you get all 25 right? 
    FPS Quiz - how well do you know your shooters?  
  • RobsolfRobsolf Member RarePosts: 4,607
    Originally posted by Latella

So, according to you, some of the strong points of Alganon are : 

# Can get stuck on trees sometimes,

# No breaking issues with quests or NPCs

# Mounts work fine

# Auction house works find but kinda empty

# have to pickup loot a second time for it to work.

# Combat seems typical, standard and works.

# Clothes are a bit generic and plain.

# Races and Classes are a bit generic and too few

# Portals work fine

# Water looks better then I remember from WoW.

# Client drops connection about twice a night

# Similar UI to WoW

# Some error messages about missing objects
    M i missing something here?

Yeah... I guess that's what I don't get.  I doubt the OP is a shill for the game, as this would prove them to be a particularly bad one.  Particularly the bit that acknowledged that the game plays like a beta.  I guess I don't quite get why someone would want to play a game that plays like a beta, has bugs and client crashes, so-so graphics and gameplay when there are games on the market that DON'T play like betas, have good gameplay and don't crash.  The only reason I'd settle for something technically inferior is if it had something to offer that was a great deal different than other MMO's; Fallen Earth, for example.

I particularly don't get why someone might create a MMORPG.com account to declare to the community that they enjoy the game but can't put their finger on exactly why that might be.  Pretty strange declaration for which to use the community soapbox.

But, it's their right to say it, like it's mine to say this.

• RhiadenRhiaden Member Posts: 62

I played Alganon beta, and I think it has a lot of potential.

My confusion with this, but also any other gaming forum is to do with this:

Guy A comes and say "I like this game, you should try it"

Guy B comes and says "No wai....this game sux"

Huge flamefest erupts.

For me, it is simple....if I do not like a game, I will not (generally) post on its forums as I do not give a flying carpet whether it lives or dies.

IF a game has a free trial, then by all means give it a shot, and then come and say "not for me because of a,b,c,d,e" or "I like w,x,y,z"

Other than that, all opinions on a game are just that, opinions...and no amount of flaming will ever make someone change their mind (Although we all love this site for the forum flames tbh).. 

There is no right or wrong answer to "is this game good?"

Example:

I hate: Aion, Darkfall, WAR, AoC

I dislike: Eve (sometimes), LoL, CS, Any FPS / PvP Oriented game (insert generalisation about pvp players here)

I like: WoW (Sometimes), EQ2 (sometimes), LOTRO (Sometimes) RoM (Sometimes)

Now, you can love or hate all the above games anyway you like, and you will not change my mind about them.  

I will go to the forums here for those games and say "I didnt like this", or "I love this".  This does not = "This games sucks" it = "This isnt the game for me"

TLDR: Opinions are not facts, learn to share the toys boys and girls.

• A semi-assembled car/ A half cooked meal / A half house...would you want to drive it/ eat it/ live in it? 

That is what Alganon is. Does it have potential ? maybe. It's not the reality yet. Therefore, I call it as what it is-- incomplete product.

• AtomicZombieAtomicZombie Member Posts: 76

Can someone please ban this loser? Dude you are pathetic to say the least. What are you trying to prove exactly? i really wonder...Albert was right...Stupidity knows no boundaries.

I would excuse you if you were 18 yrs old...but...50? come ooooooon. GET A LIFE.

Being banned from here is not exactly a loss

Meet the hammer.

On the whole human beings want to be good, but not too good, and not quite all the time.

This discussion has been closed.