Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Another new believer of Alganon

MugHugMugHug Member Posts: 47

Alganon is far from perfect...  It was release too soon...  We could talk all day about certain point of Alganon that have issues... But that is not the point of this thread, so let's get that out the way first.

But to be honest, in many ways it is no worse then a lot of MMORPGs that I have played when they first came out.

I happened to see it for sale on Direct2Drive for only $20. Did not really know what It was and investigated. For $20 I took a chance and must admit it was $20 well spent.

I will never regret spending the money and even with having paid up front for STO for next year, I am confusion as to what I will do. I do not have time to play two MMORPGs  and at the moment Alganon is given STO a run for it's money.

During the 'Soft' period, it is only $20 with 30 days free with a $9.95 'Soft' period monthly subscription. Not sure how long the soft period will last. There is a 'Free Trail' as well. 

I am nearly 50, have played every major MMORPG since EQ1 including Asia F2Ps too. I am now happy playing Alganon.

Why?

Because even with it's faults and bugs, it has something special about it. I have actually become fond of it. There is something about how it all works that makes it fun, makes the bugs just a minor issue and there is a friendly population on my server. Oh, I forgot... no gold spammers or farmers.... the silence is WONDERFUL. Totally changes the atmosphere on the server.

This is my first post here and I have never been motivated to do such a thing for a game, until Alganon came along. It is not an AAA quality game, it has bugs, it breaks no new real ground, but I still recommend it because of how it has been put together.

Yes, part of me posts because I wish to see more people on the servers. But also because it upsets me to see how some here put this unremarkable but solid and fun MMORPG down in the nasty manner that they do.

So please be opened minded and give Alganon a try, you might be surprised.

Regards,

Marak - Healer

Adrios Server

Comments

• DoomReaperDoomReaper Member UncommonPosts: 143

Originally posted by MugHug
    the silence is WONDERFUL.

Made me laugh.

Rest of your post... Happy Alganon gaming, you're obviously enjoying it. Shame you have to resort to this approach to sell the game but *shrug* the free trial (yes, that's meant to be trial, they typed 'trail' on the email by mistake) hasn't made a noticable difference to the population deficiency I endure on Adrios.

• MugHugMugHug Member Posts: 47
    Originally posted by DoomReaper

Made me laugh.

Rest of your post... Happy Alganon gaming, you're obviously enjoying it. Shame you have to resort to this approach to sell the game but *shrug* the free trial (yes, that's meant to be trial, they typed 'trail' on the email by mistake) hasn't made a noticable difference to the population deficiency I endure on Adrios.

Exactly the kind of person I mentioned in my post.

Your first mistake, I am not selling the game, Because I actually find it has something to offer, I am trying to inform people that it may be worth trying.  No more and no less.

What are you offering viewers of this forum with posts like yours?

And if you feel that 'DoomReaper' is a cool handle plus the tone of your posts, one can suspect that you are either extremely young of age or wanting in maturity. Not exactly a person who people can trust for subjective advise.

That is about all I need to say in reply to your post/s.

• HydekeHydeke Member UncommonPosts: 19

And your name is MugHug...nice rebuttle. 

• Johnie-MarzJohnie-Marz Member UncommonPosts: 865

Nice post, I am glad you like the game. So far I have only heard bad things about Alganon so it is refreshing to hear a different point of view. Probably isn't my type of game. After WoW (which I did enjoy) I began looking for a differnt type of game and landed in EVE. I am glad to hear that Alganon is finding a loyal fan base though. Good luck in your adventures.

Originally posted by Hydeke

I expected DoomReaper to get in first, but you will do.

Because of all the silly, macho ‘I am a killing machine’ stupid names around, I created the name in the 80’s (That is like 30 years ago). I have used it wherever possible for games, mmorpgs and e-mail accounts. I even had a www.mughug.net domain for my IT work.

Bearing in mind I first used it in the 80s, it was not common and it is hell of a lot more original then ‘DoomReaper’.

Talking about names, handles or whatever, I doubt you can lay claim to such a long history or originality in your handle ‘Hydeke. One, you would have to be getting on for my age and the fact that all your post offered was insulting my name, I doubt you qualify as even legal to see an ‘R’ rated movie. No insult intended, just type it as I see it.

Anyway the whole point of the thread was to open people’s minds to the possibility that Alganon may not be that bad.

So far you and your bosom pal DoomReaper decided to hijack the thread to just be insulting and downright rude.

Sorry, but if that reflects the typical cliental of these forums then it is a sad affair.

Originally posted by Johnie-Marz

Nice post, I am glad you like the game. So far I have only heard bad things about Alganon so it is refreshing to hear a different point of view. Probably isn't my type of game. After WoW (which I did enjoy) I began looking for a differnt type of game and landed in EVE. I am glad to hear that Alganon is finding a loyal fan base though. Good luck in your adventures.

Thank you and understand where you come from.

Funny, I was burnt out on WoW, but somehow Alganon does not feel like I am playing WoW. Hard to explain really.

Anyway, best in EVE. It always interested me but never got around to it. I like to have a toon to control.

Regards

• TheDarzinTheDarzin Member Posts: 219

Oh dear lord, when will these Alganon Devs stop creating profiles to try to sell the game to people. Quite a few things scream out that this is nothing more than viral marketing and anyone who can see past their own ass would know this.

1) While browsing -- I decided to spend...

If you were randomly browsing MMOs and you knew about STO, you have experience with MMOs, period. There would be nothing random about this. Also, you randomly didn't know about Alganon but knew about MMORPG.com and these forums? Lawl -- bad lie is bad.

2) I did some research...

And you didn't find out that 75% of the game isn't included? Or that the game is a WoW clone, right down to the same game mechanics?

3) You don't want to discuss the issues of the game, because that would negatively impact your "glowing review."

4) You know about the soft launch, which indicates that you have been playing for longer than you are saying and that you know more about the game then you are letting on. There was probably no research done.

5) You played every major mmo, and for some reason you settled on a piss poor clone of another game? But you can't tell us why you have. You can't say what you like about the game, you can't tell us really anything about the game at all.

6) You happen to mention the price multiple times, as if we couldn't figure out the price? But it is a great attempt to viral market, next time don't mention the price 4 times in a span of two paragraphs.

Also -- why shouldn't we put the game down, look at the way you, a fan of the game, describe it for gods sake.

It is not an AAA quality game

it has bugs, it breaks no new real ground

I wish to see more people on the servers

unremarkable but solid

Why would I want to try a game that isn't a quality game, offers no innovation, has bugs, and is unremarkable?

Had an afterthought,

There are posters here that actually accuse others of being employees of QO, LLC here undercover on the forum trying to sell the game.

My one real concern is that if you, you bosom pal and those others are here to be so negative, rude and insulting – what is your real motive?

That is what is so disturbing when you think about it.

Had an afterthought,

There are posters here that actually accuse others of being employees of QO, LLC here undercover on the forum trying to sell the game.

My one real concern is that if you, you bosom pal and those others are here to be so negative, rude and insulting – what is your real motive?

That is what is so disturbing when you think about it.

Our motivation is to stop people from playing this game that you yourself can't even tell us why you like it. Also to stop QoL from viral marketing... Marak Dragandor level 15.

MugHug Alganon Lover description of the game:

unremarkable but solid

Oh and we all know you are Xyltan.

• Einherjar_LCEinherjar_LC Member UncommonPosts: 1,055

Originally posted by DoomReaper

Made me laugh.

Exactly the kind of person I mentioned in my post.

Your first mistake, I am not selling the game, Because I actually find it has something to offer, I am trying to inform people that it may be worth trying.  No more and no less.

What are you offering viewers of this forum with posts like yours?

And if you feel that 'DoomReaper' is a cool handle plus the tone of your posts, one can suspect that you are either extremely young of age or wanting in maturity. Not exactly a person who people can trust for subjective advise.

That is about all I need to say in reply to your post/s.

But we're supposed to trust someone who just made their account today.....

Go market your crap game somewhere else.

2 minutes of research on this site will show you a good majority of folks that know about this game do not have favorable opinions of it.  Your glowing newbie account review isn't going to change any minds here.

*EDIT*

The Darzin hit the nail on the head.

Einherjar_LC says: WTB the true successor to UO or Asheron's Call pst!

Originally posted by TheDarzin

Oh dear lord, when will these Alganon Devs stop creating profiles to try to sell the game to people. Quite a few things scream out that this is nothing more than viral marketing and anyone who can see past their own ass would know this.
    If you were randomly browsing MMOs and you knew about STO, you have experience with MMOs, period. There would be nothing random about this. Also, you randomly didn't know about Alganon but knew about MMORPG.com and these forums? Lawl -- bad lie is bad.
    And you didn't find out that 75% of the game isn't included? Or that the game is a WoW clone, right down to the same game mechanics?
    3) You don't want to discuss the issues of the game, because that would negatively impact your "glowing review."
    4) You know about the soft launch, which indicates that you have been playing for longer than you are saying and that you know more about the game then you are letting on. There was probably no research done.
    5) You played every major mmo, and for some reason you settled on a piss poor clone of another game? But you can't tell us why you have. You can't say what you like about the game, you can't tell us really anything about the game at all.
    6) You happen to mention the price multiple times, as if we couldn't figure out the price? But it is a great attempt to viral market, next time don't mention the price 4 times in a span of two paragraphs.
    Also -- why shouldn't we put the game down, look at the way you, a fan of the game, describe it for gods sake.

unremarkable but solid
    Why would I want to try a game that isn't a quality game, offers no innovation, has bugs, and is unremarkable?

Another of the Bosom Pals!!

OK, If you can prove I am employed or connected with QO, LLC in any way apart from opening a player account a few days ago and using the services purely as a player, I will give you $100.00 and I mean it. I will even commit to $1000. No, make it $10,000.

And I mean it.

You prove I am a developer or work for the company and you get your money. Provide the evidence that you have collected and post it here, otherwise shut up and stop wasting people's time.

If you are not willing to do that or try to move the thread away from proving your point and providing evidence, then you just proved you are full of it.

The reason why I am willing to type that is I have no feel of losting that bet because like the rest of your information, it came straight out of your empty head.

Now onto the game -- remeMber the point of the thread.

YES, IT HAS A LOT, I MEAN A LOT OF MAJOR FAULTS - THAT INCLUDES A LOT OF WHAT YOU SAY.

BUT KNOW WHAT, I STILL THINK IT IS FUN TO PLAY.

THAT IS MAYBE WHAT IS SO WEIRD - IT WAS RELEASE TOO SOON LIKE A LOT OF MMORPGS OUT THERE, IT HAS A LOT OF ISSUES LIKE A LOT OF GAMES OUT THERE.

BUT I ACTUALLY STILL ENJOY IT.

IT IS REALLY WHAT I CALL A BETA, UNDERSTAND A BETA. A BETA WITH ALL THE THINGS YOU EXPECT IN A BETA - BUT THEY SELL IT AS A RETAIL - I KNOW THAT CAN BE SAID ABOUT HELL OF A LOT OF MMORPGS ON RELEASE AND SOME STILL ARE IN BETA STATE.

BUT FOR SOME REASON, I CAN LOOK BEYOND THAT BECAUSE I AM HAVING FUN.

REGARDLESS OF ALL THE ISSUES, I CANNOT HELP BUT LIKE THE GAME AND SORRY, BUT I AM ACTUALLY HAVING A LOT OF FUN.

YES, SORRY I AM HAVING FUN PLAYING ALGANON, I CANNOT EXPLAIN IT AND I ACTUALLY I AM FOND OF IT FOR SOME REASON.

SO JUST LEARN TO LIVE WITH IT.

IN THE REAL WORLD PEOPLE ARE SUPPOSE TO BE ALLOWED TO EXPRESS DIFFERENT OPTIONS - IF YOU WOULD ALLOW THEM TO - WITHOUT SHOOTING THEM DOWN.

So, please could you and your bosom pals at least try to be a bit more constructive if you are going to bother to post.

• abyss610abyss610 Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,131

unremarkable but solid

OK, If you can prove I am employed or connected with QO, LLC in any way apart from opening a player account a few days ago and using the services purely as a player, I will give you $100.00 and I mean it. I will even commit to $1000. No, make it $10,000.

And I mean it.

You prove I am a developer or work for the company and you get your money. Provide the evidence that you have collected and post it here, otherwise shut up and stop wasting people's time.

If you are not willing to do that or try to move the thread away from proving your point and providing evidence, then you just proved you are full of it.

The reason why I am willing to type that is I have no feel of losting that bet because like the rest of your information, it came straight out of your empty head.

YES, IT HAS A LOT, I MEAN A LOT OF MAJOR FAULTS - THAT INCLUDES A LOT OF WHAT YOU SAY.

THAT IS MAYBE WHAT IS SO WEIRD - IT WAS RELEASE TOO SOON LIKE A LOT OF MMORPGS OUT THERE, IT HAS A LOT OF ISSUES LIKE A LOT OF GAMES OUT THERE.

IT IS REALLY WHAT I CALL A BETA, UNDERSTAND A BETA. A BETA WITH ALL THE THINGS YOU EXPECT IN A BETA - BUT THEY SELL IT AS A RETAIL - I KNOW THAT CAN BE SAID ABOUT HELL OF A LOT OF MMORPGS ON RELEASE AND SOME STILL ARE IN BETA STATE.

REGARDLESS OF ALL THE ISSUES, I CANNOT HELP BUT LIKE THE GAME AND SORRY, BUT I AM ACTUALLY HAVING A LOT OF FUN.

YES, SORRY I AM HAVING FUN PLAYING ALGANON, I CANNOT EXPLAIN IT AND I ACTUALLY I AM FOND OF IT FOR SOME REASON.

IN THE REAL WORLD PEOPLE ARE SUPPOSE TO BE ALLOWED TO EXPRESS DIFFERENT OPTIONS - IF YOU WOULD ALLOW THEM TO - WITHOUT SHOOTING THEM DOWN.

So, please could you and your bosom pals at least try to be a bit more constructive if you are going to bother to post.

hmm well see you're wrong on one thing you said. you say you made the account a few days ago but you made it today JUST to make this 1 Thread. do you see why people think you're a paid shill? look around alganon has been doing it more and more since thier turd tanked. the ONLY postive posts i have seen about the game was ALWAYS made by some new user that made a new account THAT day just to make a post about how awsome Alganon is.

Anoth NEGATIVE Bosom Pal!!

Ok, same reply to you as to TheDarzin.

Prove it or shut up.

You made the accusation - therefore I assume you can prove it - otherwise you should be careful what you say.

Clearly, being honest with you lot counts for nothing.

When people like you and your bosom pals are making unsubstantiated claims all the time, it becomes hard for them to really see when someone else is trying to telling the truth.

As I said, prove it or shut up.

Oh, by the way, Alganon is really in Beta stage but sold as retail - But it is still fun to play :)

• Einherjar_LCEinherjar_LC Member UncommonPosts: 1,055

unremarkable but solid

And I mean it.

The part of the story that just doesn't add up to most of us is that after your browsing around and finding Alganon to be such a wonderful game, you then decided to create a new account on a forum where NO ONE KNOWS YOU to let everyone know you decided to play Alganon.  Riiiiiiiiiiight.........

A forum I might add that is fairly hostile towards Alganon....if you hadn't already noticed.

Keep on sticking with your story though.  We'll stick with ours.  We know after about two weeks, your account will never be logged in again like all the other marketing accounts.

*EDIT*

As an aside, where are you really from.  I was raised in Cali near Long Beach and I've never heard anyone use the word bosom in the context you are....it sounds like your translator might need some refining.

Einherjar_LC says: WTB the true successor to UO or Asheron's Call pst!

Originally posted by abyss610

unremarkable but solid

And I mean it.

hmm well see you're wrong on one thing you said. you say you made the account a few days ago but you made it today JUST to make this 1 Thread. do you see why people think you're a paid shill? look around alganon has been doing it more and more since thier turd tanked. the ONLY postive posts i have seen about the game was ALWAYS made by some new user that made a new account THAT day just to make a post about how awsome Alganon is.

God, you are so hard to deal with.

If you bother to read properly, I was referring to the Alganon account - try reading.

Trying to be honest as to where I came from - I also told all I made the forum account today.

What is wrong with you? If you are going to quote people - at least do it correctly.

And I see you avoided my request for evidence - so prove it or shut up please.

P.S> I still think Alganon is fun to play :)

Anoth NEGATIVE Bosom Pal!!
    Ok, same reply to you as to TheDarzin.
    Prove it or shut up.
    You made the accusation - therefore I assume you can prove it - otherwise you should be careful what you say.
    Clearly, being honest with you lot counts for nothing.
    When people like you and your bosom pals are making unsubstantiated claims all the time, it becomes hard for them to really see when someone else is trying to telling the truth.
    As I said, prove it or shut up.
    Oh, by the way, Alganon is really in Beta stage but sold as retail - But it is still fun to play :)

well for one what do i need to prove? you're the one that appears to be a paid shill to anyone thats read this. your credibility is in questioning here not mine, I have been an active member here for years. you make a new account here out of teh blue make a thread about a game that has had a slew of new accounts made recently just to praise it and to be never heard form again. Take part in some of the other discussions here on the boards, not just this one thread you appear to be paid to make.

and 2 what exactly did you mean by " you should be careful what you say"

• SilokSilok Member UncommonPosts: 732

hahahaa unbelievable.. you are persistent geez dev go fix your crappy game and stop losing time here trying to conveice us that this is game is good... because it's not!!

and if your are just a salary man and just trying to do your job, your boss are not very wise lol

Obviously not as fun as making constant posts on some random forum...

I am really happy you think the game is fun, but you really do sound like a viral marketer. Reread what you posted, essentially you said, the game is really fun, I like it a lot, it costs $20, you should try it!

You can't tell us why it's good though. The only thing I see as far as your actual description of the game is: bug ridden, unremarkable, beta stage, not innovative, released to soon... and so on. Zero positives except it's fun and cheap...

"I even had a www.mughug.net domain for my IT work."

Lies! mughug.net was a OFP Clan site between the dates of Oct. 2001 and Feb 2003 when it was closed, it was never an IT site web.archive.org/web/20011029133312/http://www.mughug.net/ and I hope for you, you really didn't make that site because wow just wow...  I would guess privacy is not a concern of yours.

Also, you tried Asheron's Call on Aug 24, 2008, nine years after it came out and long after it had peaked in population.

You are an MMO Jumper, it appears your history of MMORPGs starts about 2 years ago... truly a veteran of the genre.

Obviously not as fun as making constant posts on some random forum...

I am really happy you think the game is fun, but you really do sound like a viral marketer. Reread what you posted, essentially you said, the game is really fun, I like it a lot, it costs $20, you should try it!

You can't tell us why it's good though. The only thing I see as far as your actual description of the game is: bug ridden, unremarkable, beta stage, not innovative, released to soon... and so on. Zero positives except it's fun and cheap...

"I even had a www.mughug.net domain for my IT work."

Lies! mughug.net was a OFP Clan site between the dates of Oct. 2001 and Feb 2003 when it was closed, it was never an IT site web.archive.org/web/20011029133312/http://www.mughug.net/ and I hope for you, you really didn't make that site because wow just wow...  I would guess privacy is not a concern of yours.

lol yeah thinking he gets a bonus for everytime he says "i think alganon is fun" because ended most posts with that.

but as you stated it seemed obvious he was trying to sell the game in his first post i think he posted the price around 4 times (3 times in one sentence) and its monthly fee also.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

Originally posted by blueturtle13

I have played since Alpha and I like it. It is not the best game ever but it fills my mmo plate well enough. I usually sub to two at a time so this is my second mmo. (EQ2 is the other)  

I am glad you enjoy the game. I just want someone to tell us why we should play it.

• DethnobleDethnoble Member Posts: 419

Apologies MMORPG Staff for the use of language, but all you ASSHATs that accused this guy of being a paid shill should do some research real quick (quick hint: google Mughug).  After doing so, IMHO, you owe this fella an apology.  Your vitriol is getting old, is kinda like a buncha six year old bullies picking on some new kid because you made assumptions.

splat

Originally posted by Dethnoble

Apologies MMORPG Staff for the use of language, but all you ASSHATs that accused this guy of being a paid shill should do some research real quick (quick hint: google Mughug).  After doing so, IMHO, you owe this fella an apology.  Your vitriol is getting old, is kinda like a buncha six year old bullies picking on some new kid because you made assumptions.

Lalala no one cares about your opinion in the least, lalala go away. Bye bye!

Also a google of the name Mughug doesn't prove anything except that they asked some question about Alganon and started playing MMOs like 2 years ago.

If you shout about how great a game is and how unfair people are being about it without offering anything, anything at all in the way of reasoning and mentioning that the game costs $20 4 times what do you expect people to think? Also, do you google every single person who posts, because that is creepy.

• KhalathwyrKhalathwyr Member UncommonPosts: 3,133

Originally posted by blueturtle13

I have played since Alpha and I like it. It is not the best game ever but it fills my mmo plate well enough. I usually sub to two at a time so this is my second mmo. (EQ2 is the other)  

I am glad you enjoy the game. I just want someone to tell us why we should play it.

Not defending the game in anyway and I sure am not defending or agreeing with the OP but just responding to the highlighted. If you really want to know, there is a free trial. It's very unlikely you have a clone out there that likes everything you do exactly. The only real way to determine if you like playing something is to play it. Words on a forum certainly are no great indicator of how good or bad a game is.

Now, if you just want to have a back and forth trade of insults, by all means carry on. But if you are truly interested, you're a download away. And I don't play Alganon. Not my style.

"Many nights, my friend... Many nights I've put a blade to your throat while you were sleeping. Glad I never killed you, Steve. You're alright..."

Chavez y Chavez

• SilokSilok Member UncommonPosts: 732
    Originally posted by Dethnoble

Lol your almost funniest then the op what the google mighug will prove?? the only thing  i see here is a man who created a account today and trying to convince us that this game is fun to play.

By the way i dont owe any apologies to anyone and your statements about kids are getting even older.

This discussion has been closed.