Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

population?

2»

Comments

• HitechLolifeHitechLolife Member Posts: 210
    Originally posted by Einherjar_LC

Originally posted by HitechLolife

Originally posted by TheDarzin

Originally posted by MugHug

I am on Adrios server.
    Cannot give you exact numbers, only what I see.
    Numbers are light for sure, but I even bumped into quite a few people during Xmas Day. During normal peak time, there is always signs of light traffic out in the countryside and the cites seem to have a constant flow of people.
    Never really feel alone like I did in for example AC or EQ a while back.
    Server are not dead and that is a fact.

If you're talking about these games during their prime, you are full of it.

If you are talking recently, you do know that you are comparing a newly released game to games that are over 10 years old.  I mean the "this game is good because it has a better population than 10 year old games" argument isn't really a good one.

You n00b account pushers and defenders really should give it up.  Forums like these are the last place you will find any sympathy or converts, and most see your BS marketing campaigns for what they are.

I know being bitter and cynical is the easy street to becomming a cool guy and fun at parties but that's a pretty stupid statement. You honestly think people don't come to game forums on MMORPG.com to find out infomation on games they're not yet playing? That's retarded.

I will assume reading comprehension isn't exactly up your ally is it? Outside of being a troll that is.

Never once did the poster you quoted mention that people don't come to these forums for information, he stated that you aren't likely to find sympathy for a marketing scheme -- and he is correct.

Next time read and think before posting.

Emphasized for delicious irony. He isn't right though. Games get pimped through grassroots promotion on this site all the time. It's been effective for games like VG.

VG huh?  Yeah, that game is doing great right now.  Or did you mean the same VG that has put all production for the next year on hold INDEFINITELY because they don't have the staff to do anything more than fix bugs?

BTW, spelling of grammar and reading comprehension are two different things so there's actually no irony there at all.

Did I win that time?

VG has seen surges through grassroots campaigns definately. It didn't save the game, no.

Sure! 

Unfortunately too as it was a good game at it's core.  Had it realized it's full potential it would have been phenominal.

Definately agree there, could have been the best game on the market with a little loving.

Currently Playing: The Game

• EmeraqEmeraq Member UncommonPosts: 1,063
    Originally posted by chouming

I was talking to my friend today about Alganon. He happens to mention something beneficial about playing Alganon that I never thought of. 
    1. There will be no bots!! It is just not worse the effort to make one for this game.
    2. There will be no gold farmers!!! ( same reason as above )
    3. There will never be a login queue!!!

4. There will be no one to group up with

5. There will be no fun.

Sorry just had to :)

• MugHugMugHug Member Posts: 47

I found the real problem here and it is not Alganon (That has its own problems :)).

It is some of the forum members who should know better.

They insist on making insults, quotes and accusations with no mind to the fact that there is no solid evidence to back them up.

Why worry, we are on a Internet forum so people can say what they want (without upsetting forum owners ) and feel insulated and tucked in front of their keyboard.

All safe from repercussions and responsibility for their actions.

I think that is called being a coward.

I know for a fact that if many of them behaved like this in the real work, they would probability be in hospital with injuries because face to face, people would not accept that kind of behaviour.

Yep, they are cowards.

Hey, you know what - it would not be worth having anyone from here come to Alganon - Reason - It has a nice mature respectful crowd at the moment - Just to see a few people go there and risk the 'cowards' popping up there is not worth it. I mean it. Now that would really ruin it.

If we were all really mature, I imagine we would show the restrain needed to post here in a constructive, neutral and positive manner without resorting to the negative, insulting remarks.

• TheDarzinTheDarzin Member Posts: 219

I found the real problem here and it is not Alganon (That has its own problems :)).
    They insist on making insults, quotes and accusations with no mind to the fact that there is no solid evidence to back them up.
    Why worry, we are on a Internet forum so people can say what they want (without upsetting forum owners ) and feel insulated and tucked in front of their keyboard.
    I know for a fact that if many of them behaved like this in the real work, they would probability be in hospital with injuries because face to face, people would not accept that kind of behaviour.
    Yep, they are cowards.
    Hey, you know what - it would not be worth having anyone from here come to Alganon - Reason - It has a nice mature respectful crowd at the moment - Just to see a few people go there and risk the 'cowards' popping up there is not worth it. I mean it. Now that would really ruin it.
    If we were all really mature, I imagine we would show the restrain needed to post here in a constructive, neutral and positive manner without resorting to the negative, insulting remarks.

Yes, we are all cowards and wusses and so on and we would only act... blah blah blah. Seriously, stop posting. If you enjoy the game half as much as you actually say you do: why don't you go back to playing it instead of making constant posts trying to prove some moral superiority.  You aren't winning, you are just making yourself look more and more like a spoiled brat.

The world isn't going to agree with you, and those people who don't aren't going to be your friends. Ironically though, no one called you anything but a viral marketer -- you were the person who immediately went to insults. So much for that moral superiority and everyone but you being a coward.

• DethnobleDethnoble Member Posts: 419

Yep, they are cowards.

Yes, we are all cowards and wusses and so on and we would only act... blah blah blah. Seriously, stop posting. If you enjoy the game half as much as you actually say you do: why don't you go back to playing it instead of making constant posts trying to prove some moral superiority.  You aren't winning, you are just making yourself look more and more like a spoiled brat.

The world isn't going to agree with you, and those people who don't aren't going to be your friends. Ironically though, no one called you anything but a viral marketer -- you were the person who immediately went to insults. So much for that moral superiority and everyone but you being a coward.

Yeah, and you guys also called him a paid shill when, with a little research, you'll find out that he isn't.  Of course, you'd still bash him despite the fact that he hasn't really lied about anything.    Ultimately, you asshats who have attacked him from the beginning are really the cowardice, ignorant morons who do nothing but attack anyone who even seems to be hinting at talking about anything positive about Alganon.

splat

• SilokSilok Member UncommonPosts: 732
    Originally posted by Dethnoble

Yep, they are cowards.

Yeah, and you guys also called him a paid shill when, with a little research, you'll find out that he isn't.  Of course, you'd still bash him despite the fact that he hasn't really lied about anything.    Ultimately, you asshats who have attacked him from the beginning are really the cowardice, ignorant morons who do nothing but attack anyone who even seems to be hinting at talking about anything positive about Alganon.

Well robin hood, first no research can prove he isnt a dev or a paid man. second you are the one who insult people here. I tried alganon and this game is a piece of shit, i dont care if some people like it but i find pathetic that every day new account are create juste to praise this game.

• TheDarzinTheDarzin Member Posts: 219

Yep, they are cowards.

Oh no! Someone said I was paid to market a game! People get paid to market games, what a grand insult! Hey, fucktard, learn to understand facts before you post again. Name one positive he actually said about Alganon outside of the word "fun." Ready, go? Is the cost a positive? Nope. But, asshats we are because you say so! And cowards, and morons... what does that make you though? Mr. Anonymous tough guy? Oh noes, someone was called a paid shill, go noble stead, we must defend them now!

If you want to go down this road though, please tell us exactly how the initial post doesn't read like a marketing campaign? Can you? No? It certainly doesn't read like a review, but perhaps you don't know the difference?

For all you Bosom Pals (and you know who you are :))

I also recommend more strongly then Alganon:

• Everquest 2  - Been active on it 4 times since it came out - It's the best thing since sliced bread.
    • SWG (Pre-CU) - The best of the best - My MCH rocked - Flame this one to upset me.
    • Asheron's Call The first real one for me - My best memories - Attack this one to make me cry.
    • Everquest 1 - Remember that cave where we all traded in and how about the trains :) - EQ is like my favorite blanket - Out of bounds to the Bosom Pals.
    • Asheron's Call 2 - Bring it back!!!! - A lost treasure.
    • LOTRO - Like sliced bread but toasted.
    • Dark Age of Camelot - Excellent PvP.

Now for the Bosom Pals - I will select my words carefully.

You should take out subscribtions for all of these games (excepy AC2 - not active). I get 10% on my bonus for each game you subscript to.

You should not flame any of these games because I do not get my bonus.

And lastly, you should get a life. 

• DethnobleDethnoble Member Posts: 419

Yep, they are cowards.

Oh no! Someone said I was paid to market a game! People get paid to market games, what a grand insult! Hey, fucktard, learn to understand facts before you post again. Name one positive he actually said about Alganon outside of the word "fun." Ready, go? Is the cost a positive? Nope. But, asshats we are because you say so! And cowards, and morons... what does that make you though? Mr. Anonymous tough guy? Oh noes, someone was called a paid shill, go noble stead, we must defend them now!

If you want to go down this road though, please tell us exactly how the initial post doesn't read like a marketing campaign? Can you? No? It certainly doesn't read like a review, but perhaps you don't know the difference?

*in a loud, medievel knighty voice* WITHOUT DOUBT, the subject at hand, must be an Alganon Paid Shill due to the mature, and well thought out manner, that he posted in. Therefore, I must decree, that the Order of Moronic Crusaders Against Alganons Paid Shills must act swiftly to overt this most suredly Paid Shill of the evil Qol and their Dark Lord, David Allen.  Least he cause irreversible damage to our crusade of burning these heretics who dear speak blasphemy that goes against our beloved hate of Alganon.

splat

• phitchphitch Member Posts: 76

Yep, they are cowards.

*in a loud, medievel knighty voice* WITHOUT DOUBT, the subject at hand, must be an Alganon Paid Shill due to the mature, and well thought out manner, that he posted in. Therefore, I must decree, that the Order of Moronic Crusaders Against Alganons Paid Shills must act swiftly to overt this most suredly Paid Shill of the evil Qol and their Dark Lord, David Allen.  Least he cause irreversible damage to our crusade of burning these heretics who dear speak blasphemy that goes against our beloved hate of Alganon.

There is a point in an argument when you are simply baiting someone. Don't you think perhaps, if you really want to make your point, it would be better to attempt to not sound bitter and angry? Perhaps you should sit back at this point and ask yourself, how does what I am posting reflect upon how I want to present myself. If you read all of your posts, and I have, and say that you feel good about them, I can't help but wonder what exactly the difference between you and everyone else is.

• phitchphitch Member Posts: 76
    Originally posted by chronos86

i have only 1 question how is the population on the server? there is some people or the game is like a desert?

To answer this question: the game is about as empty as Asheron's Call currently is. With less than 400 characters above level 20, it's hard to imagine they have more than say, 1000 accounts give or take.

Originally posted by phitch

Originally posted by chronos86

i have only 1 question how is the population on the server? there is some people or the game is like a desert?

To answer this question: the game is about as empty as Asheron's Call currently is. With less than 400 characters above level 20, it's hard to imagine they have more than say, 1000 accounts give or take.

Must admit, the AC compare seems about right.

• AnimusChaserAnimusChaser Member Posts: 91

Lockaroo

Oh Noes Its The Forum Police

This discussion has been closed.