Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Most entertaining game of all time

HydrobluntHydroblunt Member Posts: 282

From a comedy standpoint.

I'm just laughing my @$$ off about how much epic fail this game is.  I am sorry to be harsh, but after reading the comments, the reviews and seeing the videos, it is just too funny.

It's hard to fathom as to why any developer would actually proceed to straight up clone WoW, and then actually deny it in spite of the actual evidence.  It is even harder to fathom as to who in the hell would invest in this POS.

This game sounds so bad, I actually want to try it.

Playing: EvE, Warhammer free unlimited trial, Allods Online
Played: Anarchy Online, WoW, Warhammer, AoC, Ryzom. Aion
Strongly Recommend: Ryzom, EvE, Allods Online

Comments

• BanquettoBanquetto Member UncommonPosts: 1,037
    Originally posted by Hydroblunt

It's hard to fathom as to why any developer would actually proceed to straight up clone WoW, and then actually deny it in spite of the actual evidence. 

They didn't deny it.

David Allen basically said, yes, it's a clone, and if you don't like that, it's because you've been brainwashed by marketers to believe that different = good, rather than appreciating it as the MMO equivalent of one of your mom's home-cooked meals.

• HolgranthHolgranth Member Posts: 380
    Originally posted by Banquetto

It's hard to fathom as to why any developer would actually proceed to straight up clone WoW, and then actually deny it in spite of the actual evidence. 

They didn't deny it.

David Allen basically said, yes, it's a clone, and if you don't like that, it's because you've been brainwashed by marketers to believe that different = good, rather than appreciating it as the MMO equivalent of one of your mom's home-cooked meals.

A fact that I find even more hilarious.

Dem hibbies! Dey be wrong!

• shadow417shadow417 Member UncommonPosts: 170

For me wow kept me the longest, i still try to find a game that can keep me for 4years or so. wow is now soooooo.... boring, and i am sick of paying for each month.

But now i have seen allods it's so much fun and free, so yeah i think i will take allods.

• astrob0yastrob0y Member Posts: 702

its a product that has been in making for four freaking years! 

hopefully this game will be used in studies as an example of what not to do.

I7@4ghz, 5970@ 1 ghz/5ghz, water cooled||Former setups Byggblogg||Byggblogg 2|| Msi Wind u100

• tro44_1tro44_1 Member Posts: 1,819
    Originally posted by Holgranth

Originally posted by Banquetto

They didn't deny it.

A fact that I find even more hilarious.

??

The Wheel??

The Car???

The Gaming System??

The Computer??

The TV??

The Bike??

The CD??

----

all clones of the past/first/ but improved appon

• AthcearAthcear Member Posts: 420

Yes, innovation means building on past successes.  Alganon doesn't do this.  It just whines "I'm like WoW!  Play me!"

Important facts:
    1. Free to Play games are poorly made.
    2. Casuals are not all idiots, but idiots call themselves casuals.
    3. Great solo and group content are not mutually exclusive, but they suffer when one is shoved into the mold of the other. The same is true of PvP and PvE.
    4. Community is more important than you think.

• WSIMikeWSIMike Member Posts: 5,564

From a comedy standpoint.
    I'm just laughing my @$$ off about how much epic fail this game is.  I am sorry to be harsh, but after reading the comments, the reviews and seeing the videos, it is just too funny.
    It's hard to fathom as to why any developer would actually proceed to straight up clone WoW, and then actually deny it in spite of the actual evidence.  It is even harder to fathom as to who in the hell would invest in this POS.

I nominate that as Alganon's official slogan. It's perfect.

"If you just step away for a sec you will clearly see all the pot holes in the road,
    and the cash shop selling asphalt..."
    - Mimzel on F2P/Cash Shops

• hidden1hidden1 Member UncommonPosts: 1,244

I"m not too thrilled w/ the graphics.  Espcially when you got f2p game like Berkanix around the corner.

• crimsonmidcrimsonmid Member Posts: 140
    Originally posted by WSIMike

LOL i second this

My brain has 2 sides;Left and right. My left side has nothing right and my right side has nothing left...

• HolgranthHolgranth Member Posts: 380
    Originally posted by crimsonmid

Originally posted by WSIMike

LOL i second this

Epic marketing approach.

Dem hibbies! Dey be wrong!